Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

I'd just like to see a version of Revan's armor in SWTOR that actually looks like Revan's armor and not a re-color of a generic inquisitor armor set. Let's get rid of the shoulder pads, add a hooded cape, and make the chest piece bulkier.

Reference #1 - Revan's Armor

Reference #2 - Revan's Armor

Reference #3 - Revan's Armor

Reference #4 - Revan's Armor

Revan's armor is much bulkier than what we get in the game. Instead of an inquisitor's robe, Revan wore body armor with a bulky chest plate that obscured the waist. It is similar in look to a samurai's armor.

Instead we get holy-shoulders-revan!-armor.

This is closer to Revan's classic look.

Overall, I'm just totally disappointed with Revan's armor in SWTOR. The only thing I like about it is the mask. They did a good job on the mask.

Yes. The fact that they used the model of the inquisitor's set, appears as pure laziness on their part. Lore items are not supposed to appear similar to generic item models already created in game.

Once again. FIX IT, MYTHIC/BIOWARE AUSTIN!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding a bunch of honesly awful looking ornaments to a whole slew of armor sets =/= "fixing sets due to display bugs." You just randomly tacked on shoulder pads, weird antennas, and all sorts of other junk, which are exactly the sorts of things people have told you time and time again do not fit with the Star Wars universe "look" that so many players prefer. Of course people got pissed, when they went out of their way to collect sets they really liked, and then you tacked a bunch of ugly crap onto them overnight with no warning. You deserved exactly what you got as a result, which was a huge amount of negative feedback.

Fixing a blatant glitch that would never have made it into the game, if your artist had simply put the set on in-engine and did a 360 spin on the toon, has nothing to do with randomly restyling sets and adding ugly, unrequested ornaments to them. It is troubling that you have learned so little from what players have been saying that you think "fixing" the double hood bug and "fixing" the Spymaster set are the same thing.

Agreed. 100%

Adding a bunch of honesly awful looking ornaments to a whole slew of armor sets =/= "fixing sets due to display bugs." You just randomly tacked on shoulder pads, weird antennas, and all sorts of other junk, which are exactly the sorts of things people have told you time and time again do not fit with the Star Wars universe "look" that so many players prefer. Of course people got pissed, when they went out of their way to collect sets they really liked, and then you tacked a bunch of ugly crap onto them overnight with no warning. You deserved exactly what you got as a result, which was a huge amount of negative feedback.

Fixing a blatant glitch that would never have made it into the game, if your artist had simply put the set on in-engine and did a 360 spin on the toon, has nothing to do with randomly restyling sets and adding ugly, unrequested ornaments to them. It is troubling that you have learned so little from what players have been saying that you think "fixing" the double hood bug and "fixing" the Spymaster set are the same thing.

I know simply quoting is not adding much to this thread. But this is the best reply by far and summarizes about 75%+ of the comments made here.

Also i havent look if any one said anything but... REVAN IS SUPPOST TO HAVE A CAPE!!!!! as seen in KOTOR 1 and 2*caugh*

It has been said a billion times already, but it seems we'll need to repeat it 5 billion times more for them to do it. If anyone deserves a unique and non-re-used armor models it's Revan. Even Blizzard made a full custom set for Arthas. But Bioware simply recoloured some inquisitor set... Without at least adding a cape.

Edited by Aelther

I have to say, as one of the focal characters in this era. I am completely disappointed in the "look" of Revan in this game as a whole. Beginning with the "double-hood" issue and the seemingly lack of interest from Dev's in getting it resolved. If this was with any other armor set in the game i wouldn't be quite so bothered by it but come on... its Revan.

Secondly, (and this is a gripe more than a complaint) the armor as a whole seems half-assed. If you look at concept art developed BY Bioware and the set-in game they look nothing alike. The Revan Armor was simply re-texture mapped to an existing light-armor model already in game.

Please BioWare. Fix this issue. As you can tell there is a big interest from this community to get this issue resolved.

-Ken

Here's a solution that might satisfy everybody:

Currently certain items can be bought with other items -- you trade in a legacy kit for a legacy item.

Couldn't you set up a vendor that has a fixed robe that could only be purchased by trading in the old robe?

That way folks who wanted to keep the old robe could, and folks who wanted to trade it in for the unbugged model could do so as well.

No-one gets double items and everybody gets what they want.

^This should be the solution for any time this happens, the Revan items and mistakes not yet made. Just make it a new permanent vendor that get's new items each time you have to modify a life CC set.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

Absolutely the right call, don't move my cheese.

But honestly, how hard is it simply add another piece that has the single hood? Or maybe change the current piece to have one hood and add a piece with the double hood.

I have to say, as one of the focal characters in this era. I am completely disappointed in the "look" of Revan in this game as a whole. Beginning with the "double-hood" issue and the seemingly lack of interest from Dev's in getting it resolved. If this was with any other armor set in the game i wouldn't be quite so bothered by it but come on... its Revan.

Secondly, (and this is a gripe more than a complaint) the armor as a whole seems half-assed. If you look at concept art developed BY Bioware and the set-in game they look nothing alike. The Revan Armor was simply re-texture mapped to an existing light-armor model already in game.

Please BioWare. Fix this issue. As you can tell there is a big interest from this community to get this issue resolved.

-Ken

What really crosses my peas with my carrots with this, is this could of been fixed forever ago before the phantom and spymaster "fiasco" even took place. Double hood bug has been here since the item came out in 1.6.0, it got bugged being light grey in 1.6.1, the lower robe got graphically fixed in 1.6.2 and is still bugged to be brown on default.

Common BW. It won't kill you to remove the second hood, and I doubt the community would cry for a hood that is clipping through the armor anyway. There has been over 113 posts as of right now since u last posted, with almost 94% of positive feedback saying fix it.

Edited by Magnusheart

I'd just like to see a version of Revan's armor in SWTOR that actually looks like Revan's armor and not a re-color of a generic inquisitor armor set. Let's get rid of the shoulder pads, add a hooded cape, and make the chest piece bulkier.

Revan's armor is much bulkier than what we get in the game. Instead of an inquisitor's robe, Revan wore body armor with a bulky chest plate that obscured the waist. It is similar in look to a samurai's armor.

Overall, I'm just totally disappointed with Revan's armor in SWTOR. The only thing I like about it is the mask. They did a good job on the mask.

Man, it really is striking just how different original Revan looks from the existing set. I really wish they would just copy-past his equipment from KotOR, since it just looks absolutely amazing! We can all agree, though, that the two-hoods issue is, frankly, unacceptable. Also, I hadn't really noticed it before, but the in-game Revan's Mask looks quite a lot "bulkier" than his original mask.

Perhaps they should also make a set that is COMPLETELY true to the KotOR armor, and release as a new "Darth Revan" set, as opposed to just not doing anything at all?

oh i would love it if they make this set

dame its awesome and even better than this one.

LOL?

Yes, people get upset sometimes when you change what an armor looks like, but who would *like* having TWO HOODS on an armor? I don't understand. It does not make any sense to have two hoods.

Well, it works out for me since I wear a headband to remove the top hood. I prefer to show my character's faces in MMOs, so having the bottom hood showing looks better than having no hood.

Of course, a hood up/down toggle would be the ideal solution. I know that is a lot of work so the immediate practical solution would be to have two versions of the chest. Barring that, I prefer to have the two hoods version rather than one hood up that gets completely clipped off with a headband.

Well, it works out for me since I wear a headband to remove the top hood. I prefer to show my character's faces in MMOs, so having the bottom hood showing looks better than having no hood.

Of course, a hood up/down toggle would be the ideal solution. I know that is a lot of work so the immediate practical solution would be to have two versions of the chest. Barring that, I prefer to have the two hoods version rather than one hood up that gets completely clipped off with a headband.

I hate to spoil your look but even with the hood down you still have clipping. Look at the back of your outfit next time you're logged on. You'll see part of the "up hood" is still there and is clipping through your "down hood."

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric

Understatement much?

Just say that you guys don't give a damn. Just admit it and get it over with.

I hate to spoil your look but even with the hood down you still have clipping. Look at the back of your outfit next time you're logged on. You'll see part of the "up hood" is still there and is clipping through your "down hood."

Indeed, and its soo annoying. : / It is insulting to holorevan statue has no doublehood bug while we do.

Lets get his second hood removed!

Edited by Magnusheart

Man, it really is striking just how different original Revan looks from the existing set. I really wish they would just copy-past his equipment from KotOR, since it just looks absolutely amazing! We can all agree, though, that the two-hoods issue is, frankly, unacceptable.

Yeh, can't agree more to your post. And I doubt the guys at BW Austin forgot how Revan should look like. In the end, that "decision" is the worst they could make. An iconic character like Revan needs to wear the correct armor!

Yeh, can't agree more to your post. And I doubt the guys at BW Austin forgot how Revan should look like. In the end, that "decision" is the worst they could make. An iconic character like Revan needs to wear the correct armor!

This is a thread on fixing his existing gear, Not suggesting an entirely new one. :confused:

Edited by Magnusheart

Indeed, and its soo annoying. : / It is insulting to holorevan statue has no doublehood bug while we do.

Lets get his second hood removed!

I feel bad that I pointed that out to the poor sap, now all he's going to see when he looks at his robe is that even with the hood down it's still clipping:(

Okay Eric. Back when you initially destroyed Phantom/Spymaster and those sets you did it on the basis of less than a dozen different forum accounts. Now you say you'll remove double hoods if there's enough people who wants that. There's a lot more people who wants this fixed than it was that got those sets broken. Surely that's enough votes aye?

And please do note that Revan's isn't the only chestpiece with the double hood, there are others as well, fix them all. Or employ one of the solutions suggested here with either letting people trade their double-hooded monstrosities to a vendor for single-hood versions or hand out proper versions as you did with the other sets.

Edited by Pscyon

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric

Can we not have a poll to vote on this?

Can we not have a poll to vote on this?

agree, they should make something like function in the website so that people can vote on things, like the Cathar for instance people didnt choose the Cathar, i mean the majority of SWtor players would choose another race if they had the ability to so a vote would be sufficient.

Edited by saremun

like the Cathar for instance people didnt choose the Cathar, i mean the majority of SWtor players would choose another race if they had the ability to so a vote would be sufficient.

You are so wrong here. They did chose cathar... the problem is that most people who voted for cathar have quit the game ages ago.

Edited by Aelther

I don't care for the double hood either, but to be honest, I don't use my Revan's chest much anymore. When you "Unify colors" when using it, it turns some items an ugly burnt orange color. (I'm guessing it's supposed to be brown?)

If both issues were corrected I would probably use it more.