Need some advice

kiirc

Hello my fellow troopers, Im a lev 50 Vanguard in fully BattleMaster gear and working on my War Hero hear like everyone else but my question is as follows:

Which spec is doing good againt the Pyro spec of the BH.

Which spec is not as Squishy.

I am currently in a full shield spec and certian class just demolish me in seconds, I.E. Pryo BH

I go up against these guys and all i see is flames, How many times can they use there flamethrower ability.any advice will be greatly appriciated.

thanks

Kiirc

Van Zellow:rak_03:

Hello my fellow troopers, Im a lev 50 Vanguard in fully BattleMaster gear and working on my War Hero hear like everyone else but my question is as follows:

I am currently in a full shield spec and certian class just demolish me in seconds, I.E. Pryo BH

I go up against these guys and all i see is flames, How many times can they use there flamethrower ability.any advice will be greatly appriciated.

thanks

Kiirc

Fight fIre with fire.

I assume you're talking about pyro PTs, when you say BH, because mercs should not be as much of a problem. Use your shield as soon as you have their attention. Stun early so they don't use their shield. Pop DPS cooldowns as soon as you throw your plastique.

Shield spec gets destroyed by even level/gear pyro. Due to the pyro's damage all coming from non-shield unmitigated attacks. The pyro's specialty is butsing heavy tanks like they were light armor.

This is what I use. A modified IF build.

I don't like the full Shield spec as it has 5 points(or at least 2) that are spent in tier 6 which is good for a tank but not a pvp tank as absorption is not a great stat for pvp. I rather go into tactics for gut and the reduced cd on Riot Strike. The AS spec is good damage-wise but lacks survivability when trained. However this is an awesome spec to run if you have a pocket healer. I got one on my server that does a good 100-200K more than everyone else when they have their healer.

One of my beliefs has always been, in pvp, mobility and survivability are key along with some damage potential of course. Storm gives me the mobility with harpoon. SS and Tactics tree totals 8% damage reduction along with 5% from IC.

thanks

Kiirc

You could go tactics or Assault. Unfortunately, Pyro's can pound out a ton of damage. As an AP PT my main is to burn them down before they burn me. Use your stuns and shields to push them so that they have to blow CD's.

I recently, very recently switched from Shield spec to Tactics and I can tell you that not taking Energy Blast for the 1 point in Power Armor is pretty silly imo.

1% of 100 is 1. 1% of 1000 is 10. 1% of 4000 off a crit in Pvp is 40. Not really useful considering you are going for max damage in Shield spec while the damage off Energy Blast as you speced into Ion + Elemental Crits + Elemental Damage, to not take Energy Blast is really, really inefficient.

Let me break it down for ya...

40 damage stopped or 1k damage given without a global cooldown, meaning you can fire Energy Blast .1 second after firing any other spell while still enjoying the GCD from the first spell makes me question if you understand the spell at all.

The rest of your build is pretty much what I ran as shield tank in Pvp simply to harass casters mostly, which is really kinda why I switched to tactics in the first place. If I want to be DPS, I might as well take a DPS spec.

Otherwise, you are almost better off going into Charge and Defensive measures as HiB isn't really worth all the talents you gave it and didn't even spec into Frontline Offense to justify it.

Really, your build is lackluster and trying to do to many things. Be a pure support tank or at the least, take Frontline Offense and Energy Blast if you are trying to mix up both.