melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

MerkSauce

So does this mean it is certain that there will be no other uses for the tokens? Because I will spend them on companion weapons and pets if thats the case.

It is a bit strange for rewards to be geared for such specific advanced classes.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!

What about the reasoning behind the mount not being 110% speed? I can understand the weapon thing (even though I think its a poor choice) but the speeder not being top speed? Weird.

What about the reasoning behind the mount not being 110% speed? I can understand the weapon thing (even though I think its a poor choice) but the speeder not being top speed? Weird.

I read someone else post this and it changed my thinking: "It makes sense that it is only 90% when you factor in that it is down a motor and pouring smoke and sparks."

So people at 50 may wish to have the 110% on their travel speeder, but when you look at it as a novelty item and not a means of travel it all makes sense. It is not logical for the person who needs a Tier 3 speeder to get around. It does make sense to people that like odd speeders.

To me it wouldn't make sense for a broken down old jalopy moving at the same pace as a Porsche.

Edited by rgndrock

IMHO you're going to be able to upgrade the speeder through RMT.

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

I still find it unfortunate, but what I really wanted to say was:

Thank you for the explanation. At least it makes sense. Blaster Pistols and Lightsabers will have to wait. I just hope it's not another 3-6 months for both. Honestly, I'm kinda of glad. The grind for this one is far more tedious and pits players against one another far too much.

Oddly, there are people who still don't think it's a good idea to group up or make an ops group and would rather stand in line, be angry when people cut, and then cut themselves. All solved by joining a group.

Speaking of which, I would like to thank someone for allowing us to complete these objectives in an Ops group. That was a great idea. It would have been best to not have to depend on people being civil to reach your objective, but the few times I have had people willing to join a group, it's worked very well.

Edited by InnerPieces

Come on BioWare. With nearly every decision you make it seems you just don't know what the heck you're doing.

You've done 2 events over the life of the game. To tell people to wait for the next event is nothing more than an admission of failure on your guys' part.

Hi folks,

You should just make sure that the reward item types are fairly distributed for all advanced classes for every single event.

By the way, with Bound on Legacy Wookiee Bowcasters in the game, does that mean we may see Wookiees as playable species in the future?

Edited by Glzmo

Come on BioWare. With nearly every decision you make it seems you just don't know what the heck you're doing.

You've done 2 events over the life of the game. To tell people to wait for the next event is nothing more than an admission of failure on your guys' part.

There's one word to describe BW's decisions....

INCONCEIVABLE!

Edited by Hambunctious

Hi folks,

Ok 1st. This is poor reasoning and its thought process like this that anger the players and have resulted in what TOR has become.

2nd, MONTHS ago the quest rewards were data mined and posted on these very forums players gave feedback that said "I hope there are rewards for other classes"

It would have been nice if you guys had read that thread and added rewards for ALL CLASSES!

These are the first BoL weapons available. As such it means that only Tech users are able to use this to utilise any spare weaponry for alts, alts companions etc. ie Barrel only. Not hilts.

A bloody poor choice imho. This first introduction of BoL weapons should have been for everyone. Failing that they should have been regular BoP items. Lets wait another 4 months before you will allow force users the ability to get a BoL weapon.

Enjoy f2p.

Staff responses like this make me happy GW2 is around the corner!

Clearly out of touch with their community... At the slow rate they release this drivel that they call 'world events' the chances of seeing other weapons comparable to the ones from this event any time soon is looking at early next year!

:eek:Why make a world event that only rewards certain classes? :eek:

Who was sitting in HQ and saw that go by and said to themselves, "SURELY this will not piss ANYONE off! They will love it!"

EAWare you never fail to amaze me. Its like your intentionally shooting yourself in the foot at this point just to see if you can set a record on the fastest sunk triple A MMO ever.

:rolleyes:

First, thanks to Allison for a response. It's appreciated (and I think everyone knows the reasoning you are explaining is certainly not your reasoning or fault.)

However, there is an adjunct to what has been stated by many people about the utility of these items. Set aside the speed of the speeder, the recolored pet, the 175k cost to get a barrel out of an otherwise useless weapon, the comparison to the last event, the organization, bugs and everything else.

The biggest issue that the event makes you guys look bad. I know that's not the case -- you put out a video, obviously some thought and planning went into this. I'm sure the lack of devs and all of that has made it hard and having angry people screaming doesn't help things.

But a lot of people are evaluating whether it's worth the money to keep investing in the game. The last event kept me here when I had pretty much decided to unsubscribe, and the detail and focus put into it (and the new ops) made me glad I did. Now, I see this, and I wonder if the NEXT event is going to be as shambolic.

Ok 1st. This is poor reasoning and its thought process like this that anger the players and have resulted in what TOR has become.

2nd, MONTHS ago the quest rewards were data mined and posted on these very forums players gave feedback that said "I hope there are rewards for other classes"

It would have been nice if you guys had read that thread and added rewards for ALL CLASSES!

Yeah. For the most part I love this game, I love my guild....BUT...It's CS Responses like the one here by Joveth that make me SMH in real life....

There is honestly nothing that makes me WANT to do the World Event. Ooohh..>A modable legacy bowcaster that I can't even use on my main, nor any of my companions...Not even any of my alts can use it.....

I think more thought needs to go into these world events before release...and definitely more thought needs to go into the rewards for these events. If you don't bring out things for everyone, you are going to alienate portions of the playerbase...Which is *NOT* a good idea...We are the ones that provide them with the continued ability to receive a paycheck...They push people away, no money coming in to pay for development....or even their paychecks...So they should really watch how they respond.... :/

I am still going to remain subbed for F2P, but others may not.

I can see why the limited selection of weapons was disappointing for many. My main is a Smuggler, and only my baby Operative alt will be able to use one of the bowcasters.

But, I figure it at least sort of balances out the fact that it was color crystals for the last event. Yes, my Smuggler healer and my Operative can use color crystals, but let us be honest here -- overall, color crystals are far less fun and interesting to gun-wielders than they are to Force users. You can't see the color of the crystal unless you are actively shooting something, and even then, special attacks (including, y'know, healing) do not change color with the crystal. But with lightsabers, you can see the color crystal so long as the weapon is not sheathed.

And for both events, the rewards can at least be equipped by Companions. I do think that this event favors rifle users more than the previous event favored lightsaber users, but hopefully future events will balance things out (something unique looking for my Smuggler, pretty please? That is not only seen on the occasion that she uses her basic attack?).

I can see why the limited selection of weapons was disappointing for many. My main is a Smuggler, and only my baby Operative alt will be able to use one of the bowcasters.

Thing is for some of us, operatives in Imperial gear with bowcaster looks silly, even worse for a sniper.

Edited by Deewe

Hi folks,

Do you honestly consider that explanation sensible or reasonable? This was an extremely stupid idea to begin with. Saying you'll consider player feedback next time is absurd; the devs shouldn't need to be told how dumb and alienating it is to limit the weapon rewards.

Hi folks,

I figured as much, my Sniper appreciates it though, and I really like how now we can switch crystals to the opposite faction, can't wait to have Black-Blue on my Imps, and Purple on my Republic toons!

Hi folks,

Thanks for an event that i have no reason to do.

I've put up with a lot of BW's very questionable decisions, but with this latest fail i think i might have to abondon ship.

These are the people we have running this MMO, the people who don't care about equality among the classes.

That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Just try to have an item for every class for the next event, it's more fair like that.

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one.

So, lets see...

(gear for 3 classes out of 16) mutiplied by (at best quarterly obvious attention grabs because of billing cycles ending) = something for every class by early 2014...

Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

If present performance is any indicator, you have no future.

So, in April, we got no weapons

In August, we get blaster rifles and sniper rifles.

Yes... it is clearly viable to add one type of weapon each 4 months.

I am really not one to complain, but effective as soon as one can get one gun, you can send barrels to alts. Where are the HILTS, which players you are discriminating and will keep doing so until you add one... 4 months in the future?