View Single Post

Coldcrush
02.21.2014 , 06:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by cantstopmeh View Post
It was not an easy win button, too soon and you were dead. Pop it when you don't need it a second ship got you. Now I use Dfield and I still get shot threw-out the duration then when it's over I am gunned down. It was a great move but it did not make me invincible, fine, whatever, bunch of 12 year old want to complain; the addition of bombers countering the **** out of scots, not enough for you? Ok fine, refund the points I spent on it.
First and foremost I assume this person is a complete troll with both what he is saying and his sig. In the off chance he is serious, well here is the reason. Distortion field pre-nerf was so good that is was not used defensively, it was in fact used offensively. For 6 second you would be near unkillable allowing you to go head to head or simply turret in place while you blast down opponents. Pre 2.6 I piloted a blackbolt exclusively due to its fast paced play style and immediately knew evasion stacking would be on the chopping block.

As of right now I still out perform most when flying my scout and I no longer even spec for d-field or emp field, despite this I still rarely get gunned down or hit with missiles. Your problem sounds more like an adaptation/learn to play issue.
Graventhel Knightstalker - The Bastion
<Swift and Absolute>
Test Pilot Skydive - The Bastion
<Gentlemen Gankers>