Distortion field?

cantstopmeh

No by pointless I now mean my fully upgraded scout, when Dfield is popped; I now barely cap out and 60% evasion.

You've already been answered... Dfield was stupid broken before and it's been adjusted down to still being really good. This thread is making me feel like the other thread where people are somehow trying to argue that drones are too weak for bombers right now. :/ No power or ability should be an easy win button, just a different set of advantages that compete with the advantages of other abilities.

You've already been answered... Dfield was stupid broken before and it's been adjusted down to still being really good. This thread is making me feel like the other thread where people are somehow trying to argue that drones are too weak for bombers right now. :/ No power or ability should be an easy win button, just a different set of advantages that compete with the advantages of other abilities.

It was not an easy win button, too soon and you were dead. Pop it when you don't need it a second ship got you. Now I use Dfield and I still get shot threw-out the duration then when it's over I am gunned down. It was a great move but it did not make me invincible, fine, whatever, bunch of 12 year old want to complain; the addition of bombers countering the **** out of scots, not enough for you? Ok fine, refund the points I spent on it.

It was not an easy win button, too soon and you were dead. Pop it when you don't need it a second ship got you. Now I use Dfield and I still get shot threw-out the duration then when it's over I am gunned down. It was a great move but it did not make me invincible, fine, whatever, bunch of 12 year old want to complain; the addition of bombers countering the **** out of scots, not enough for you? Ok fine, refund the points I spent on it.

First and foremost I assume this person is a complete troll with both what he is saying and his sig. In the off chance he is serious, well here is the reason. Distortion field pre-nerf was so good that is was not used defensively, it was in fact used offensively. For 6 second you would be near unkillable allowing you to go head to head or simply turret in place while you blast down opponents. Pre 2.6 I piloted a blackbolt exclusively due to its fast paced play style and immediately knew evasion stacking would be on the chopping block.

As of right now I still out perform most when flying my scout and I no longer even spec for d-field or emp field, despite this I still rarely get gunned down or hit with missiles. Your problem sounds more like an adaptation/learn to play issue.

Edited by Coldcrush

I'm not sure why you're not seeing 60% defense on a Scout for 6 or 9 seconds as immensely powerful (on a 20 second cooldown! It's almost got a 50% downtime, depending on how you buff it). Yes, you can be hit, but it's pretty hard to hit you even when the person shooting at you is leading properly. You say it wasn't an easy win button, but you seem to be advocating for it to be one. There are other defensive powers in GSF, but they still don't get close to 60% defense so often as D-Field.

I don't even understand why you don't still like it... it's still crazy better than other defense options you have in 2.6. The others are at least more viable choices, but that's something to value in a game like this, not dislike.

Ok fine, refund the points I spent on it.

You seriously care about 15k req that much?

And I really don't see how any other option in that slot would be better for you, from a defensive perspective, in any situation. Distortion field isn't the invincibility button it used to be (which I think is a shame), but it's still far and away superior to "regenerate some shields if you didn't die to the first hit" and "fumble around throwing shields towards the enemy".

60% evade is stupidly overpowered still. The only way that doesn't enhance your survivability is if you derp it up and think that sitting still to shoot a target coming straight at you is a bright idea. Take those 15k points and put them into something else that won't help you live as long.