Hard/Nightmare Ancient Pylons Bug

Personally, our raid got it on the 5th try and the only thing different that time around was that someone on our side (north pylon) died early and we had to 3 mans north (which wasn't a problem)

OH LOOK AT ME NOW, THE SOLUTION IS ABSOLUTELY THAT YOU MUST SACRIFICE SOMEONE TO THE GREAT PYLON GODS OR THE ENCOUNTER WILL BUG I HAVE THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH AND YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A MEASLY PEASANT COMPARED TO MY OH SO GREAT AWESOMENESS

This thread is at least entertaining, if you're into *******es that think they hold the absolute truth of a quite obvious bug with an encounter

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup yup.

As I wrote in my first post, drawing conclusions on limited datasets is a *****ly pear indeed, and rereading my posts in this thread it becomes apparent that I too succumbed to this sin.

That's why I posted specific questions that I wanted answered to see if my hypothesis of a specific causal mechanism was correct.

With the additional information posted in this thread my hypothesis is falsified, which is good in a way, but also sucks since it means no universal workaround.

I just want to know what they were trying to do with nightmare/hard that caused this new lockup bug that wasn't present in normal, because the only new mechanic I'm aware of (the debuff) really should have nothing to do with the pylons locking up.

As it stands, I guess we won't be hearing any official word on the matter until they fix it.

And hey, at the very least we can now surely say that we know we don't know :i_smile:

Edited by Zalter

Just thought I'd weigh in. We bugged 3 times, then I came to this wonder of a thread and followed some of the less insane advice.

We finished south first every time.

We didn't hit buttons if there were mobs present.

Our button-pushers knew exactly how many turns it would take to get to a certain color.

I'm certain that there is no rhyme or reason, but if you take your time and take the correct precautions, you might reduce your chances of being screwed by the bugs.

Edited by Adobewan

this is not bugged at all. figured it out how to do it first week legitly(not getting lucky like apparently some guilds are then thinking its bugged the next week).

it is 100% not bugged. once you actually figure it out you will 1 shot it every week. until then quit crying its bugged. if you spent all the energy you've spent whining about it you'd have it figured out by now.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4996/pylons.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
This had trouble in HM and nightmare, North, south south north worked first time !

Did not work for us. Locked up both time we tryed it on nightmare. NNNN also bugs. We gave up for tonight. *********** lausy bugged instance...

Most annoying thing is that after each try, you have to reset this bugged up instance and clear trash again. BIOWERE THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AS "FUN".. Fix it..

Edited by Zilliztra

Did not work for us. Locked up both time we tryed it on nightmare. NNNN also bugs. We gave up for tonight. *********** lausy bugged instance...

Most annoying thing is that after each try, you have to reset this bugged up instance and clear trash again. BIOWERE THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AS "FUN".. Fix it..

You can skip a majority of the trash to the point you only have to clear 2 packs on the paths up to each pylon really even if you reset.

South first works. If you get a set up with only 1 turn on the last wheel it can lock up and not spin even though the console is active...in this case exit/reset/go back.

The amount of false info is ridiculous. Yes there are bugs that should be fixed, but the workarounds work.

This fight is bugged. Clearly anytime you wipe and have to manually reset the instance, there is something not going right.

But we had a differnt bug today. Instead, the consoles (after our second wipe, and second instance reset), were only half clickable, and what i mean by this is, the NORTH pylon could be clicked to start the encounter, and the south was unclickable. So even after starting the fight, we was unable to to click the south at all.

We then tried to reset the instance, only to see it claim that there was someone still in the instance, and we couldnt reset it.

Just because you've beaten it each time, doesnt mean its not bugged; unless anyone wants to take the time to explain to me how this is the intended mechanic bioware had in mind? One completely unclickable pylon and one completely unresetable instance.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote this in another thread about this. It is officially bugged.

No matter what people say, whether you finished the encounter or not, this fight is bugged.

My guild has finished this fight on both normal and hard modes sever times and it's just a luck of the draw type of thing. We have attempted every strategy mentioned on every forum, and tbh, sometimes you get lucky and it works.

Two mechanics that are reliable are:

1) The ads spawn at a set rate, they are not based on stages.

2) If you take too long the control panels stop working (this is the enrage timer)

other than that. Your best bet is to figure out before hand which platters need to be turned which way in order to minimize the number of times you have to spin them.

Please Bioware, read your forums, acknowledge what people are saying, and respond accordingly.

At the least, we need a Dev to post something in here to at least say that you are looking into the issue.

And the GM response, another post I made in another thread:

To stop the hate and arguing with these posts about the Ancient Pylons encounter, I HAVE YOUR ANSWER.

Yesterday whilst talking with a GM about a different issue, I had the chance to ask him/her about the Ancient Pylons encounter. I explained to him all the different methods to doing this fight that people were trying, and the response I got was exactly what i expected.

Summary, NOT QUOTE:

"The Ancient Pylons encounter on Hard/Nightmare modes is definitely on our list of fixes that will be implemented as soon as possible."

There you have it. The encounter is OFFICIALLY not working as intended and will be fixed hopefully sooner rather than later.

Edited by Durpadurp

I wrote this in another thread about this. It is officially bugged.

Yes, but as long as you do either workaround of SSSS or NSSN finishing the wheels first and avoiding a 4th wheel that only requires 1 spin...you completely avoid any bugs. It's very simple to do, no idea why it's so hard for some people to follow the simple steps.