I am sick and tired of being hot pink!

Nemarus

I spent tons of time, credits, and real money to achieve my look, and it is all rendered a WASTE because of the Assassin Dark Ward's effect. You know, I used to want the holocrons gone too, but at this point, I just need the pink glow gone.

This game is at a point in its life where small issues like this can really discourage continued play/pay, especially when new PC games and consoles are coming out.

Remember, if a Darkness Assassin is playing correctly, this skill should ALWAYS be in effect, which means during any combat, the character is a giant pink disco ball. Forget lightsaber color, the armor you're wearing, other proc effects, boss circles... all I see is pink! And it's got me seeing red. What were the designers thinking? Why isn't this a subtler dark purple/shadowy/lightning effect, like the rest of the Assassin's powers?

:mad:

You think I like my rock belt? Welcome to the club...

The thing is, I wouldn't have a problem with Kinetic Ward if it was a sphere. I'm not against throwing rocks and hurling rocks and even being protected by rocks, it really feels like my Jedi's unique fighting style we compared to other Jedi in other time periods. But the "Rock Armor" only surrounds my stomache, hence the rock belt.

I would much prefer a spherical shield of rocks, it would be a nicer animation effect. Kinda like how this mount's animation works, except complete 360 like most other bubble shields in the game.

• Dev Post
I spent tons of time, credits, and real money to achieve my look, and it is all rendered a WASTE because of the Assassin Dark Ward's effect. You know, I used to want the holocrons gone too, but at this point, I just need the pink glow gone.

This game is at a point in its life where small issues like this can really discourage continued play/pay, especially when new PC games and consoles are coming out.

Remember, if a Darkness Assassin is playing correctly, this skill should ALWAYS be in effect, which means during any combat, the character is a giant pink disco ball. Forget lightsaber color, the armor you're wearing, other proc effects, boss circles... all I see is pink! And it's got me seeing red. What were the designers thinking? Why isn't this a subtler dark purple/shadowy/lightning effect, like the rest of the Assassin's powers?

A giant pink disco ball ... OF DEATH! Seriously though: agreed on all counts, and just checked with the class design guys and they agree the visual effects should be changed to better match the darker purpler Inquisitor theme. We'll see what we can do!

Haha its all funny right, what a joke huh. While your at it could you answer for the ability clipping into everything including the casters lightsaber blades, other characters, walls and columns, the holocrons being lore inappropriate and ripped out of the jedi sage story quest and overall just generally being the single most hideous and constantly annoying thing in the entire game. Thanks.

Maybe you could add some more rotating obscuring customization destroying animations for the other classes in the game to make it even. Sorry for sounding irritated but I do have to look at this crap, you know, every second of combat for for the rest of the time the game is live. Ugh!

Heck whle I am at it let me go on. The animation is completely improper in the first place. For both the shadow and the assassin the dark ward and its corresponding ability should be nothing more than a mostly transparant sphere that hovers around your player much like the sages force armor ability in order to best convey its ACTUAL property.

Confusion will be minimal because the double bladed lightsaber really gives us away.

If we were going to follow a line of logical or rational thinking the spinning holocrons would belong to the sage and the spinning rocks to the sorcerer and the reason is because THEY ARE NOT WEARING A SHIELD AND WE ARE. It makes actual sense for them to supplant a defensive ability by using something in the environment it makes little sense for assassin/shadow

I am not going to try to convince anyone that this is a change that you should actually implement because both animations are unforgivably irritating.... However it would be more appropriate and follow some kind of common sense.

According to the ability description for dark ward the ability enhances the properties of the shield which we wear instead of a focus. Whats up here? Holocrons why? Is there a lore continuity manager? Someone who ever loved Star Wars for 10 seconds who can read this? I hope so.

A giant pink disco ball ... OF DEATH! Seriously though: agreed on all counts, and just checked with the class design guys and they agree the visual effects should be changed to better match the darker purpler Inquisitor theme. We'll see what we can do!

While you are at it, mind showing the class design guys this thread?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=650022

It's already 2 months old, but i'm pretty sure none of you devs took a look into it.

Edited by Trollokdamus

BW respones on first page while you haven't even notcied the 10 page thread? Great work...

BW respones on first page while you haven't even notcied the 10 page thread? Great work...

Well yeah, they have class reps now so why bother with checking that part of the forum...It was/has been there plan all along.

Well, you might be the center of a rave party then? :p

As many above are saying - Should we just post in the general forum when we want a reply to something?

Thanks for the reply it is nice to know you are looking into it. If you could also remove the effect all together (give an option to revert to pre animation change settings) that would be great as it can give motion sickness as well as missing the procs.

Also if you could reply to the Sin/Shadow Spike thread which is around 39 or so day since the 'I'll get back to you' It would be really appreciated and show that you look at the Class forums ^^

Edited by Solar_Breeze

Whoa they're going to fix it nice, if I might make a suggestion make it less like obvious. I really don't like playing tank assassin because that skills is almost blinding. Make it a bit simpler and change the color, then whats left of my brain won't fry so fast tyvm :)

Thank God!

I feel your pain because I used to tank with my assassin, pink glow + spikiness made me roll a jugg.

And I hate to play my sith warriors because Force Charge is slower than Force Leap, seems that I'm playing slow motion with my jugg and marauder compared with my guardian and sentinel.

Make a sith warrior and a Jedi knight, get level 2, get force leap and test it.