Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

spectreclees

It's definitely not hard, it's just a huge time sink, but that's what MMO's are about. It's designed to keep you logging in every night. If everyone could get augmented War Hero within a week there would be even less players then there are now.

I think my only gripe with the current system is you're tied to your gear spec, so if you're a Tank spec with WH and want to switch to DPS, you effectively have to redo the entire grind.

That and brand new 50's have an awful time if they face premade WH groups. But once they get full BM then it's not as bad and luckily the grind for that is pretty quick, it's the WH stuff that takes forever.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carebear? right... so you would pvp just for the sake of pvp? after 1 month u would be fed up or not even that, better play unreal tournament or something if you want that... Mr pro pvper 2012

Maybe he likes third-person perspective and more abilities than "shoot gun"?

Recruit 2 armour is free and certainly makes you competitive. You'll have full BM gear within a couple of weeks and know the crazy people at BW have made augmenting easier than stealing candy from a baby..who is asleep...and not actually holding the candy, you can have fully augmented BM gear within 3-4 weeks so long as you hit your dailes and weekly's.

How easy do you guys want it to be?

Recruit armor does certainly NOT make you competitive in any sense of the word. I literally three-shot a sage in recruit gear with my operative. I have full war hero, fully augmented. This is no exaggeration, it took me 3 GCDs and he was dead.

Augmenting isn't easy at all. First of all you'll need 14 augments. If you want to make them yourself, you need to craft 140 green items. If you've made all the augments yourself you need to apply them to your gear it will still cost you 420k credits (the recruit gear in 1.2 costed around 360k if I recall). That's the cost of applying the augments to your gear mind you, the augments themselves usually sell for around 60-80k on my server. You can of course make the augments yourself, but do you know how tedious that grind is? Sending companions out on slicing missions constantly in hopes for epics? Unless you settle for blue augments which will then put you at a disadvantage.

In BM gear, the set bonus is not tied to the armoring. What does this mean? This means that if you augment your BM gear, you will lose the augment slots when you trade them for war hero gear, which means you'll have to repeat this very expensive progress that's "easier than stealing candy from a baby."

No, the gearing in this game outright sucks. And for people that do not have a clear lack of vision, this makes pvp less enjoyable. Having the worst gear available is annoying because you won't be able to compete against people in full war hero. Having the best gear available is boring because people with recruit/BM, unaugmented, won't stand a chance against you unless your computer freezes, or if you're just extremely bad at the game.

To answer your question; how easy do I want it to be? Give out fully augmented war hero to everyone that wants to pvp and I'd be the happiest PvP out there. I have two characters decked in full war hero with epic augments, I have endured this ****** grind twice. It's not rewarding, it's a f***** necessity.

Edited by Majspuffen

carebear? right... so you would pvp just for the sake of pvp? after 1 month u would be fed up or not even that, better play unreal tournament or something if you want that... Mr pro pvper 2012

Yes, I PvP for the sake of PvP - Just like I have in every MMO I've owned. Maybe you need a carrot to persuade you to queue up, but that doesn't mean everyone feels the same. The PvP in this game is pretty bad, but as long as my guild continues to play it, so will I.

Yes, I PvP for the sake of PvP - Just like I have in every MMO I've owned. Maybe you need a carrot to persuade you to queue up, but that doesn't mean everyone feels the same. The PvP in this game is pretty bad, but as long as my guild continues to play it, so will I.

then its not an MMORPG, RPG envolves character progression.

Stick to high-end PvE gear if you have any and stop worrying about the grind. I played seven games today with only 103 exp, for the sake of getting a WH relic for PvE (I would otherwise never spend time on the PoS that is PvP), and ended up top dps in four of them and 2nd in the other three. I had 329K in one game where the second best on my team only had 78K. Yeah it was bad but we still managed to win somehow. Loved the game where my team mates were bickering about my lack of expertise at the start. Post-game comes up and what do you know; 439K , 200K more than second best on team and 100K more than closest opponent. Far less deaths too. Edited by MidichIorian

I don't have the talent, patience, or time to work hard for a PVP set

I dont want to lose to people who spent time grinding their gear coz it's unfair that (they can play more)

I want to be on equal footing against others even though I don't put effort in stuff

Coz that how games should be, everything should be handed free and easily.

I also wish there was an easy mode in swtor. And I level up per kill. Heck add experience everytime I sell items, craft, and discover new places... then make everything drop BIS gear and 1 million credits

Sounds like a lot of players are just lazy with the "give me give me give me everythign i want to be on par with the peopel who spent months obtaining and modding and tailoring their gear but wahhhhh this guy beat me who put all this hard work in its not fair BW you suck im going to GW2".

Does make me chuckle.

Time is the issue for a lot of players including myself. After months of grinding for gear I only have a few pieces of WH. AS WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE THE ONES THAT HAVE THE TIME TO SPEND ON SOMETHING WILL ALWAYS BE AHEAD OF THOSE WHO HAVE LIMITED TIME.. Just a fact of life.... Not a big deal for me I just keep grinding and get what I can when I can.... I just enjoy the game and always have a blast when I get to play... Yes I wish I could get gear faster so I can do better in PvP, but it is what it is and you should not be QQing about getting gear if you , like myself, have limited time... That is all.....

I don't have the talent, patience, or time to work hard for a PVP set

I dont want to lose to people who spent time grinding their gear coz it's unfair that (they can play more)

I want to be on equal footing against others even though I don't put effort in stuff

Coz that how games should be, everything should be handed free and easily.

I also wish there was an easy mode in swtor. And I level up per kill. Heck add experience everytime I sell items, craft, and discover new places... then make everything drop BIS gear and 1 million credits

Yes, the grind takes time. Yes, it's forced non-content. One more thing needs to be mentioned here: these conventions exist in most MMOs, also in many other games (mainly RPGs) like old school Final Fantasy, Pokemon, etc. Also, Farmville. To suggest that these things are universally hated concepts that are neigh untolerable would be ridiculous . Furthermore, if all content was accessible to any an all comers, there wouldn't be any really unique characters. Some things to think about.

With nothing but the new recruit gear and two wh sabers, I jumped into pvp on POT5 a couple of weeks ago. It was a little rougher for me because I was getting used to a new spec at the time (focus). But I was getting in the top half of dmg in every match and hit #1 in one of the games that day. You just have to get used to a faster paced game that is less forgiving of mistakes than most others. Gear isn't the only component for success - I had no problem soloing several different, better geared marauders that day. I've found that most of the people complaining are just making excuses - they don't do much better when they get the gear (if they get the gear).

Yes, the grind takes time. Yes, it's forced non-content. One more thing needs to be mentioned here: these conventions exist in most MMOs, also in many other games (mainly RPGs) like old school Final Fantasy, Pokemon, etc. Also, Farmville. To suggest that these things are universally hated concepts that are neigh untolerable would be ridiculous . Furthermore, if all content was accessible to any an all comers, there wouldn't be any really unique characters. Some things to think about.

Keefer is lying, and GAR is behind sarcastic. Don't take their posts seriously dude.

Sounds like a lot of players are just lazy with the "give me give me give me everythign i want to be on par with the peopel who spent months obtaining and modding and tailoring their gear but wahhhhh this guy beat me who put all this hard work in its not fair BW you suck im going to GW2".

Does make me chuckle.

It is awesome to be in an environment where people are called lazy because they don't spend enough time putting in 'hard work' playing video games. Makes me chuckle.

And no, none of my characters have WH gear. I'm definitely too lazy to play this game for hours on end, each day, each week. I just don't have that kind of tenacity. Even if I got my WH gear in a week, the people who slave away at this should still be better, since they can probably play the game blindfolded.

In the last game my sniper was dying for 1-2 seconds with 3/4 BM gear + augments. ALL my team members also died really fast even with 20.000 hp...

But ONE enemy player can fight vs SIX ours for 20+ seconds... How this fken possible in a normal game, and most importantly why this possible? :confused: Its not fun, its just stupid. :rak_02:

WH gear needs to be strictly on RWZ warzones, separately from the BM. :(

sry for my english lol :D

Hehe that was the funniest sentence I've seen all day. On our server war hero players usually leave when they see more than 2 recruits. That's how competitive it is....

OK, if you find it funny - good for you.

I was able to survive, gain coms and be useful when I entered my first Lvl50 when recruit gear didn't exist and I was in 3 pieces of Centurion and that was about it.

When an alt of mine hit 50 and got Recruit Mk1 I was able to compete, be useful and gain coms. Guess what my current Sorcerer did when I hit 50 and got the Recruit 2 set? Yup, was competitive, gained coms and was useful.

End result - All my characters are in at least Battlemaster as it is quite straight forward to get it. Play the games, finish middle towards bottom, gain come and move on.

You can be competitive and useful no matter what you're wearing and Recruit 2 makes you even more so. All I can say is I'm extremely pleased I don't play on "YOUR server". Because if that's the standard of PvP'ers I'd be looking to move.

Don't the "leet and kewl" PvP'ers relaise that eventually they will run out of competition. Each time you drop from a game, don't bother playing with new Lvl 50's, slaughter than at respawn they will eventually just get fed-up and move on.

Anyway, pleased I made you "pee ya pants" with laughter. I stick by my statement and shall now just sit back and watch the usual amount of "We want fully augmented Warhero when we hit 50" posts...because for some reason that's the only way they can do something in a WZ.

You want an MMO with a focus on balancing PvP and no gear grind? Play GW2. The PvE may be a grindfrest chore compared to TOR, but at max lvl there is not a single stat point of gear difference between the best and worst PvPers in the game. All PvP armor rewards are cosmetic.

Considering the hellish time I've had grinding out my BM gear on my Balance Sage, I'm tempted to give up on PvP. The FotM classes dominate, weak classes are next to useless, and gear makes such an enormous factor that people with any life outside the game will never be able to compete seriously when they do log in.

Let's be honest, gearing up for pvp in this game is bad. I'm recently coming back and can't stand how hard it is to grind out the gear. First BM, then War Hero then E War Hero Weapons. You need over 30k commendations to get yourself close to fully geared. That's a huge grind for anyone trying to gear up their character and then after they do that getting gear for another spec if they want to try something else. Something needs to be done about the grind, it didn't work in Warhammer. It won't work here.

so u want everything handed to u? is that it?

to the guy above... GW2 is boring, if you play it more then 1 month something is just wrong with you.

Edited by xxIncubixx

OK, if you find it funny - good for you.

I was able to survive, gain coms and be useful when I entered my first Lvl50 when recruit gear didn't exist and I was in 3 pieces of Centurion and that was about it.

When an alt of mine hit 50 and got Recruit Mk1 I was able to compete, be useful and gain coms. Guess what my current Sorcerer did when I hit 50 and got the Recruit 2 set? Yup, was competitive, gained coms and was useful.

End result - All my characters are in at least Battlemaster as it is quite straight forward to get it. Play the games, finish middle towards bottom, gain come and move on.

You can be competitive and useful no matter what you're wearing and Recruit 2 makes you even more so. All I can say is I'm extremely pleased I don't play on "YOUR server". Because if that's the standard of PvP'ers I'd be looking to move.

Don't the "leet and kewl" PvP'ers relaise that eventually they will run out of competition. Each time you drop from a game, don't bother playing with new Lvl 50's, slaughter than at respawn they will eventually just get fed-up and move on.

Anyway, pleased I made you "pee ya pants" with laughter. I stick by my statement and shall now just sit back and watch the usual amount of "We want fully augmented Warhero when we hit 50" posts...because for some reason that's the only way they can do something in a WZ.

You may have thought you were "competitive and useful", but I assure you, both your team and your opponents didn't think so.

Edited by Minack

LOL

There is no point talking to some people, really there isn't.

They have their mindset and there is no way anyone is going to change that. Fingers in your ears, hum a lot - that way you don't have to listen to what otehrs say and that way...by default....you'll always be right.

Carry on believing that the gearing up to PvP is really bad. That there is actually no point even trying these days because you'll enter in Recruit 2 and be nothing but a burden...who dies a lot and doesn't even get any commendations.

You carry on that way.

Forget all those people who will tell you otherwise. Fail to listen to those people who will tell you, from experience that isn't the case.

I shall now exit this thread. It's full of the usual "me leetz, recruit nooobie 50s suxor and stopz me doing welz in da wz's bro" so good luck to ya.

For me it is not the time needed to get the gear.

Yes WH gear is endgame pvp gear and it should be hard and time consuming to get. But the problem is the poor matchmaking. Going full recruit against min/maxed gear just isnt fun. You die in 2 seconds.

I recall this one time in voidstar where we were 4 ppl with recruit/BM gear and we couldn't kill fully min/maxed sentinel. He basically 2 shot everyone. Now that isn't fun at all.

And at the dude who thought he was useful in full recruit. I am sorry to break your bubble but you weren't useful as much as you think you were. Even the best pvp player in SWTOR wouldn't be as useful as some average in BM.

For me it is not the time needed to get the gear.

Yes WH gear is endgame pvp gear and it should be hard and time consuming to get. But the problem is the poor matchmaking. Going full recruit against min/maxed gear just isnt fun. You die in 2 seconds.

I recall this one time in voidstar where we were 4 ppl with recruit/BM gear and we couldn't kill fully min/maxed sentinel. He basically 2 shot everyone. Now that isn't fun at all.

And at the dude who thought he was useful in full recruit. I am sorry to break your bubble but you weren't useful as much as you think you were. Even the best pvp player in SWTOR wouldn't be as useful as some average in BM.

I agree, it should take time to acquire the gear. They really need a matchmaking system based on expertise not valor.

I agree, it should take time to acquire the gear. They really need a matchmaking system based on expertise not valor.

No, too many detours... Just restrict completely WH+ gear/mods on normal WZ. Do not allow it to wear.

But Bioware just dont care! :D ( :( )

Let's be honest, gearing up for pvp in this game is bad. I'm recently coming back and can't stand how hard it is to grind out the gear. First BM, then War Hero then E War Hero Weapons. You need over 30k commendations to get yourself close to fully geared. That's a huge grind for anyone trying to gear up their character and then after they do that getting gear for another spec if they want to try something else. Something needs to be done about the grind, it didn't work in Warhammer. It won't work here.

REALLY???????? It is easy to get PvP gear in this game and I am a casual player. I like earning my gear and I focus on it so what I am getting out of this is "I want a hand out, NOW".

Edited by Asturias