Heroic Areas are terribly designed

In my opinion the idea for Heroic Area was to provide a nice learning curve for Flashpoints. So you could complete them in any setup, while making mistakes, and just enjoy questing with others.

Mega fail.

I just done Bonus Series on Tatooine, two of Heroic 4 area quests are only accessible to those who at least completed the main portion of Tatooine. Why, when all the previous ones could be shared with no problem?

On my server (Standard population) Tatooine has 50 people at peak time, yesterday a group of two guys spend 1-2 hours looking for a group to do these two Heroic areas. Is that how it should be Bioware?

Also, Heroic Areas are way too hard for their place in PvE progression curve. I played WoW for 5 years, so I know which buttons to push. Yes, I CC mobs as much as possible. However, what's the point? A large number of people play SWTOR because of Star Wars magic, not because they are hardcore MMo players.

Guess what? People break CC.

Now in Heroic 2+ this is not a problem. However, Heroic 4 has 3-4 elite pulls. It is simply hard for me as a healer to keep up during the initial spike. Can I keep up? Yes. Are people dying? No. The point is the area is way too hard given rewards/PvE curve.

I don't really give a crap about loot, the quest rewards are fine. But don't make me slog through 20 minutes of mobs to hear one dialogue.

The only good thing about people failing during these heroic quests is they are in it for Star Wars feeling, fortunately I didn't encounter "L2P Noob" yet, but my guess is it's only a matter of time.

It's mega fun times as a tank when the CCers fail to remember which symbol they're supposed to be CCing, or some dimwit forgets to CC their target entirely, and you're sitting there with taunt on cooldown wondering if they're going to CC it or...

... oh dear, there it goes for the healer, I better pick it up...

And then all within a second, they FINALLY decide to land their CC right as I whack the mob with Stockstrike. Then they whine: "U broke cc!"

/facepalm.

What's even worse is when some dimwit DPS decides to pull FOR you by chucking a sticky grenade or something. Real handy.

Anyway, back to your point. Yeah, doesn't sound like YOU need to L2P, but I agree that a lot of people do. I kindof enjoy the heroic 4+ missions though I do think some of the elites have MOUNTAINS more HP than they need. Kinda reminds me of all the fun I had as a tank in Upper Blackrock Spire. Man, those were the days.... when we had to be careful. :(

Yeah ÛBERS was really fun as rogue.

Heroics are cake walk if you are SORC, and very easy to find groups if you choose a good server (reroll?)

Doing PUGS is pretty funny since you end up with clueless noobs who uses 1-3 abilities on their hotbar and seems oblivious to the importance, of CC, stuns, kite, Aggroswitching..

And the buttloads of Marauders who think they are TANKS and jumps into the middle of 3-4 elites (with one champion pat,..) lol y u no heal? And people tanking as sins....and actually getting hit...***-;)

PULL THE F***K BACK! Don't stand and fight in the middle of the room and get knockbacked into other mobs. Move out of the AOE etc. Clear DOTS

And PEOPLE work on your rotations...

I think the difficulty is pretty good for the average pug.

Yeah ÛBERS was really fun as rogue.

Heroics are cake walk if you are SORC, and very easy to find groups if you choose a good server (reroll?)

Doing PUGS is pretty funny since you end up with clueless noobs who uses 1-3 abilities on their hotbar and seems oblivious to the importance, of CC, stuns, kite, Aggroswitching..

And the buttloads of Marauders who think they are TANKS and jumps into the middle of 3-4 elites (with one champion pat,..) lol y u no heal? And people tanking as sins....and actually getting hit...***-;)

PULL THE F***K BACK! Don't stand and fight in the middle of the room and get knockbacked into other mobs. Move out of the AOE etc. Clear DOTS

And PEOPLE work on your rotations...

I think the difficulty is pretty good for the average pug.

^^ this. people need to get better, not have the content nerfed. personally i have yet to see a heroic area that required all 3 pieces of the holy trinity. the majority of them i have done with 4 dps.