Jedi guardian ...please advise

Dminz

Hi everyone

My dilemma is I dont know whether or not I want to make a Jedi guardian. I currently play a merc and love it, but I wanna switch up and try something new. I was wondering how the guardian plays and if it's worth making for end game PVP.

I have a 36 marauder and just don't like it, it's one of those classes I just cannot get the hang of so I have decided to stop playing him. Is the guardian play style very similar or different? I felt like I was too squishy as a marauder and want a class that can take a few hits without looking at my health bar the whole time.

Secondly, how do guardians do in PVP at 50? I assume not so well because I don't see that many when I am in wz or open world. How does their damage look because I hear many are avoiding guardians because of bad damage in PVP.

It's either guardian or damn sage like everyone else :p appreciate all feedback!

Hi everyone

My dilemma is I dont know whether or not I want to make a Jedi guardian. I currently play a merc and love it, but I wanna switch up and try something new. I was wondering how the guardian plays and if it's worth making for end game PVP.

I have a 36 marauder and just don't like it, it's one of those classes I just cannot get the hang of so I have decided to stop playing him. Is the guardian play style very similar or different? I felt like I was too squishy as a marauder and want a class that can take a few hits without looking at my health bar the whole time.

Secondly, how do guardians do in PVP at 50? I assume not so well because I don't see that many when I am in wz or open world. How does their damage look because I hear many are avoiding guardians because of bad damage in PVP.

It's either guardian or damn sage like everyone else :p appreciate all feedback!

If you don't like your marauder... you're not going to like the guardian, exact same mechanics... we're actually squishier than marauders if you don't go tank spec..

/thread

Not EXACTLY the same. Sentinel is the mirror AC. You do get heavy armor at least as a JG. You don't get some of the cooldowns that Sentinels get, but I believe I've read that Vigilence is pretty good for both pvp and pve, and at high level focus is pretty decent, but can get focus starved if you don't play it right or spec it right.

Well, if you're looking for something different then the Guardian is about as different as it gets. From what I heard though the Guardian is a little more challenging to level because you don't get the leet ranged abilities and AoE's but from my experience things balance out quite well when you get fully leveled to 50. If you want a challenging melee Tank/DPS then the Guardian is great and can be very rewarding when you beat people senseless with what many people say is "the weakest class in the game."

Just something you'll want to keep in mind, all those annoying knock backs and stuns that all the ranged classes do will become the bane of your existence. But once you figure out how to deal with them then you're pretty much golden.