Best Solo PvE Combinations?

ThirdDementor

Hey, everyone! ^^

As someone whose first two classes were Juggernaut and Vanguard, I've learned to appreciate the immense durability of a tank with a healer companion. But, is that genuinely the best combo to solo heroic bosses with, or am I missing a better option?

Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts on strong combinations for normal, non-heroic PvE - basically, which classes with which companions can effortlessly clear their way through mobs.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ThirdDementor

Well when I go into heroic missions that are part of dailies on my vanguard, I go in with my DPS set (instead of my tank set) and bring in Treek with my PvP Gear. If things get hairy I turn on that legacy abilities button and give them hell :p

But yeah, I think well geared DPS with good DCDs + Healer Companion is your best bet for soloing heroics quickly. It is smoother as me in tank gear with treek in my DPS gear, but thats probably cause my DPS gear is a mix of Underworld + Oriconian stuff, while my PvP gear is mostly conqueror stuff

yea not dying is always fun. But i really think any content (particularly non-heroic) is easily cleared with properly geared characters. Granted i think tank/heal can better handle most situations with less gear but personally, i like to solo Heroic 4 on BH with my guardian tank and HK droid for example. Or, Occasionally i'll go to the Illum Heroic 2 with my Scoundrel/HK as DPS/DPS and just slaughter the mobs there for a while for decent income while the rest of my crew farms mats and i wait for WZ to pop. Edited by jaytdasme

... Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts on strong combinations for normal, non-heroic PvE - basically, which classes with which companions can effortlessly clear their way through mobs. ...

For me, any non-heroic content clears the fastest with a DPS main toon + a ranged DPS companion. The ranged ones seem to be able to switch targets faster than the melee dps comps.

My personal favorite dps companion is HK-51, but the others are fine well. The fastest combat experience I've had with regular mobs was a Sabo Gunslinger (for the Thermal Grenade buffs) and Risha as a comp.

It helped that I was a Biochem for the reusable medpacks, so I didn't even need to stop and rest between pulls.

Easiest combo for quick clearing is Ranged DPS + HK. Between the stuns, slows, focused and aoe damage, along with his ability to one-shot silvers, if you're both geared it's over before it began :p I run with a DPS companion regardless of my role: Tank, Heals, or DPS myself. Makes clearing content faster and just feels a lot more fun.

Can get a little hairier in situations such as soloing the Oricon Heroics, but still doable.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer leveling/playing a tank class with a dps companion for sure. My jugg + vette ripped everything apart that got in our way. I never played him past the end of the class story or bothered with dailies or any sort of gear grind, mind you, so I can't speak for higher gear levels or even current content for that matter (since the last time I played was well before 2.0 came out). But while leveling I definitely had a better time of boss-type fights with Quinn than I did with Vette. It was hit or miss whether or not I'd do well on hard fights with Vette, or rather if I was careless it didn't leave much room for mistakes and Quinn made the fight more forgiving in that regard.

For blowing through regular, strong, and many elites a DPS companion was best, hands down. The sith warrior forum had a post that compared the various companions and the time it took to kill a pack of enemies, regenerate/heal up, to pull and kill another pack of enemies. Tests run with Vette and Jaesa were nearly identical in time, within mere seconds of one another, and everyone else was notably slowing things down by several seconds per pull. Over an entire planet arc those wasted seconds add up to minutes, potentially even hours. Doing dailies? The extra 5 minutes it'll cost you to run with Quinn instead of Vette or Jaesa is probably not worth fretting over.

Min max, a well geared player tank and equally well geared DPS companion will definitely shred their way through enemies faster than a healer or tank companion, but some fights are just so much easier and only marginally slower with a healer. Heroic content will likely go much more smoothly with a healer, but it would definitely go faster with DPS provided you're good at not dying.

Edited by eldefail