"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

Transairion

So remember how in all the Stronghold/Guild Ships/Legacy Storage topics certain people always claim credits are so easy to make in such a short amount of time? And that you'll be swimming in them in under an hour?

Well I went and tested it and here are my results:

Dailies and Weeklies done:

Belsavis

Ilum

Section X

Black Hole

Czerka

Oricon

Makeb

Makeb Staged Weekly

GSI Makeb

GSI Tatoonie (only need two planets for Weekly)

Total Time Spent doing Dailies: 5 hours 17 minutes

Total credits earned: 1,385, 888

Barely over a million. And in fact the last 400k of those came from the sheer amount of stuff done on Makeb which took a little over 2 hours itself.

So with Makeb out over three hours of work it was only 985,000 credits and that includes the Dailies on planets NOBODY does to boost the numbers up. I did every bonus and every Heroic (only Section X I had to group for as it requires 4 to complete), so no "hurr durr you skipped stuff!" because I didn't.

I also didn't spend any credits on purchases and didn't die to any mobs so no repair bill inflation.

1 mil in under an hour doing Dailies? Not unless Crate-o-Matic's are dropping off every boss.

Yes by the end of the 5 hours of mindless grinding and watching 2 season's of DBZ Abridged in the background to stay sane I wasn't having fun anymore.

Edited by Transairion

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I have ever heard claim that you can make a million credits in under an hour doing dailies is that guy that was complaining about PvP'ers being left behind when it comes to credits.

And that was pretty much debunked and proved to be hyperbole in that thread long ago.

The only thing I've read anyone claim on the forums is that "money isn't hard to earn in this game" and "you can easily make millions doing dailies".

But never have I heard anyone claim to be able to make a million in under an hour in any of those threads about housing, legacy bank and guild ships.

I guess some people hear what they want to hear. (or read what they want to read as this case might be).

But like others have said, feel free to quote who made those claims in those threads.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Tempted to bookmark this thread as an example of a legitimate Straw Man Argument, since that term gets misused fairly often around here (and on the internet in general).

Props for having DBZ Abridged on in the background though, that series is hilarious. The guys who do it have a video series of playing SWTOR - D*cks of the Old Republic, that starts off slow but isn't half bad once it gets going.

Edited by DarthDymond

Tempted to bookmark this thread as an example of a legitimate Straw Man Argument, since that term gets misused fairly often around here (and on the internet in general).

Props for having DBZ Abridged on in the background though, that series is hilarious. The guys who do it have a video series of playing SWTOR - D*cks of the Old Republic, that starts off slow but isn't half bad once it gets going.

Do it, this is prime example of that.

I'll be running dailies and keeping track of time spent and credits earned. Results tomorrow.

Yeah, time does vary depending on class, companion, gear and concentration (the OP was watching a show at the same time... seems like he wasn't really concentrating to me)

But I'd be EXTREMELY impressed if someone got it down to under 2 hours.

In a group, maby... but not solo.

Speaking of which... someone should time a run of all the dailies (weeklies) as a 4 man group... because that's usually just a quick slaughter of enemies.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

The only way I could think of farming credits this fast is with the Makeb chests, but they are usually farmed by so many people it's hard to get all the chests.

With normal dailies, you can get around 200k-300k/hour, which is roughly what the OP got. Though Makeb + GSI is not really worth the time investment, it's better to switch to an alt and start anew than working on those.

Yeah, time does vary depending on class, companion, gear and concentration (the OP was watching a show at the same time... seems like he wasn't really concentrating to me)

But I'd be EXTREMELY impressed if someone got it down to under 2 hours.

In a group, maby... but not solo.

Speaking of which... someone should time a run of all the dailies (weeklies) as a 4 man group... because that's usually just a quick slaughter of enemies.

My plan is to do a solo run of dailies I used to do a few months back. This doesn't include H4 in Section X because I don't like wasting time waiting to group. I'll just post the quests, total credits earned on each planet and time required to complete said quests.

Would be nice if a few people did the same so we'd have a more accurate data to use in our calculations.

Edited by slafko

With normal dailies, you can get around 200k-300k/hour, which is roughly what the OP got. Though Makeb + GSI is not really worth the time investment, it's better to switch to an alt and start anew than working on those.

QFT

Makeb and GSI are a complete waste of time and basically one long, arduous speeder race.

Each daily area should only take you ~20 minutes to finish.

Anything involving more time isn't worth it. Just run another character through the daily areas if you need the cash.

I've easily made ~3 million credits in a day doing this. I ran the dailies on 3-4 characters. Took me...3 hours I think? Give or take.

Edited by Vinak

Anything involving more time isn't worth it. Just run another character through the daily areas if you need the cash.

I've easily made ~3 million credits in a day doing this. I ran the dailies on 3-4 characters. Took me...3 hours I think? Give or take.

If you can do Oricon and Belsavis in twenty minutes, you're my personal hero for sure. Same with Section X, especially Republic side.

Bonus missions included on Oricon BTW.

Well, we have at least someone in this thread claiming it to be possible:

You are doing it wrong my child.

Classic cooms > u get offhand from fleet sell for 15 k

Basic cooms > Iso-5 vial \ craft or sell for ******** of credits.

Also many of those areas including makeb will drop "junk loot" and raw credits from mobs worth loads loads of cash.

I once collected long ago all the junk loot from ilum \ belsavis classic and black hole it was sold for over 100k !!

Also you should really use crew skills and GTN to make money I didn't touch dailies for long time now.

You could possibly make a million in an hour crafting - but it'd be in small chunks of maybe 5-10 mins a day to log on, send companions on missions, check the GTN for bargain basement mats and lof off. 2/3 times a day. - in a weeks time you'd have a milion if the god of sales is smiling on you. - and for an hour's actual playtime.

- Do this with several characters - and yes it is possible-

BUT its like the Model T- car plant turning out a car every minute - IT DIDN'T TAKE A MINUTE TO MAKE!

But doing dailies solo? I somehow doubt it. Even the Black hole (not heroic) takes ~15-20 mins on a 'speed run' for ~50K or so. - And though not the most profitable- it is possibly the quickest. - Did the OP include the vials of ISotope-5 from the Basic comms hand-in - GSI, MSW and weeklies give 20-30 each IIRC - that-s 70-80K per vial for 35 comms each.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Can't find it now, but I swear there was a thread in the last week or two that broke down how many credits you could make per Daily Area and even included a credits-per-hour ratio based on his times (it was only the quest rewards I think).

Or am I thinking of a Reddit thread?