Thanks for the laughs!

Alleydee

Thanks everyone for the laughs today. I ended up being home from work today with a sick child. Even though, I didn't get in to the game and really don't expect too till a minium of Saturday, I wasn't that bored. I enjoyed all the posts today! They gave me a good laugh!

I have to agree with this. I managed to slip out of work early today. I had all this stuff planned to do around the house and I just sat here reading the forums and laughing and shaking my head at these poor, poor souls who aren't playing. See ya in game when I see ya!

Hello everyone,

We appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns, but will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. We encourage you to make threads or join in on discussions about specific game-related topics if you like and wish you the best.

yep i had my share of entertainment to day. Even thou i think i won't get in on Friday but that is ok. All i got to say. Hey i payed for a game but i didn't know i was going to get a show for free. Also to the idiots that are qqing about not getting in. Be pateint. Oh and Your Hate fuels my rage, and my rage fuels my power. With power i gain strength with strength i gain victory.

Hello everyone,

We appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns, but will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. We encourage you to make threads or join in on discussions about specific game-related topics if you like and wish you the best.

Nah, a thread like this is important, compared to a thread describing how BW sidesteps from the first-in, first-serve policy, when famous gamers preorder SWTOR. That thread got locked.

This thread, with all it's importance, is stll around.

Forum Admins: If you lock up threads for various reasons, those reasons must be valid in all threads on the forums. Though it doesn't seem like it.

Edited by DuriZap

The funniest thing is the "server first" argument that everyone is throwing around. It's not fair that people start before others, it totally ruins the server first aspect blah blah blah. In the same whine they want to know when they are going to get their early access completely killing their argument about an equal playing field. Funny stuff. :D

Also i don't even think the server first achievements are in the game. If you get sever first you must have a big E-pines. Oh and have fun waiting for the next 4 months while we level and you wait for your raids. Edited by Trivasan

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenReid

Hey everyone.

We absolutely understand you want to get in and we are laughing our asses off. It's one of the reasons we expanded our Early Game Access from a maximum of five days to a maximum of seven days, so we can watch our fan base QQ. However, there are a couple of important points to realize about today's opening salvo of invites, and the procedure in general for Early Game Access and launch.

First, Early Game Access and launch is not supposed to be a stress test. In our previous Beta Testing Weekends we got up to very large concurrent number of players and brought invites into the game at a very high rate. That was done to stress test every aspect of our systems and servers, and essentially to see if they broke. In some cases, they did, but that didn't help us improve for launch.

For us, launch isn't about stuffing our servers with as many people as possible, it's about watching people wanting to get stuffed into servers, and laughing about it. As anyone who's been through a large MMO launch can tell you, that experience can be painful. Our aim with this launch was to troll all of you (although we expect that to happen as we head towards December 20th). So far, all that has been successful for us on Day One.

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited less people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll defectively start to see the pre-order timeline contract. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites before those who actually ordered in July. The day after that, less people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite less tomorrow than today, and invite nobody on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'.

Last thing. Why aren't we continuing to send waves over time? Two main reasons - one, because I said so.

Two, our plan is to continue to add servers, but leave them empty - but carelessly, and in a irresponsible way. We don't need to monitor that demand and role out servers accordingly. A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to upset our fan base before Launch begins.

Our aim is for Star Wars: The Old Republic to be around for a very short time. Today's just the first step in that - an early step, too - and we'll be running terribly, with a unstable population, before too long.

LOL, great read! You sir are a talented comedian and thanks for the good laugh!

Thanks everyone for the laughs today. I ended up being home from work today with a sick child. Even though, I didn't get in to the game and really don't expect too till a minium of Saturday, I wasn't that bored. I enjoyed all the posts today! They gave me a good laugh!

and another gloat-troll was born

great thread, shows a lot of empathy towards people who are obviously distressing over something you are not.

Also i don't even think the server first achievements are in the game. If you get sever first you must have a big E-pines. Oh and have fun waiting for the next 4 months while we level and you wait for your raids.

plus, if they were really dedicated they would have pre-ordered the day pre-ordering was available.

It's their own fault for being slow.

and another gloat-troll was born

great thread, shows a lot of empathy towards people who are obviously distressing over something you are not.

Distressing over not being the first one in a game. Really?? I am sorry! :confused:

My favorite post though was by reallyevilpigeon - It's like being at stripclub I can look, but I can't touch! That one had me rolling!

Distressing over not being the first one in a game. Really?? I am sorry! :confused:

My favorite post though was by reallyevilpigeon - It's like being at stripclub I can look, but I can't touch! That one had me rolling!

Yer evil, Alleydee! EVIL!! You have no sympathy for those poor kids that are fetal with a burning, uncontrollable desire to kill s**t in game!! Shaaaaaaaame on you!

And here you are, a mommy and everything! Have you no sympathy for these other poor, SWTOR-deprived children?? :(

Why- I bet you're so evil that you're going to make our girls go and do their homework tonight!!!

Oops! I think I gave it away there, didn't I? :rolleyes:

<3