Skrigg - 50 Vanguard Shield Spec - PvP Live Stream

Skrigg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at your spec I noticed you had 32 points in Shield instead of the usual 31/8/2 split I see for most tanking builds and just had a couple of questions.

Is Neural Overload worth the point? Does Ion cell proc enough to make it worthwhile?

Why didn't you take Rebraced Armor? It seems like more armor would always be a good thing.

Is smoke grenade worthwhile in PvP?

Thanks for streaming these matches. They're great for growing Vanguards. :)

I like Neural Overload alot, it allows my Hammer Shot to snare which is nice.

Rebraced Armor: Its just a matter of preference. I would take it until you have a full set of pvp gear. I drop it because I like having the points elswhere since I'm already basically unkillable.

Smoke Grenade: To be honest I don't know. I keep it for the chance that it does work in pvp.

Also enjoying the vids, keep em coming. I'm learning a lot just by watching your movements and what not.

Thanks!

These videos are awesome. Thanks for posting. Can't believe how much you can survive.

Sure thing, thanks for watching.

Edited by Skrigg

When people cc'd me and I was getting ammo from Parallactic Combat Stims it felt very good and hybrid shield/assault is a good spec. That said I felt ammo starved a lot, and with having the potential to still put out 380k+ damage as full shield and not having ammo problems because of Energy Blast I ultimately went back to that. Edited by Skrigg

Nice work, Skrigg.

Q: Have you tried a Storm/Gut spec? Not really any more ammo hungry than an EB Shield spec, unless you spam Gut, but you get similar up-front damage and a really useful long-duration DoT that's a winner for node cap interrupts.

Nice work, Skrigg.

Q: Have you tried a Storm/Gut spec? Not really any more ammo hungry than an EB Shield spec, unless you spam Gut, but you get similar up-front damage and a really useful long-duration DoT that's a winner for node cap interrupts.

I tried this spec briefly and I felt like it was ok but if I were to drop EB I would probably stick with 23/0/18.

He is one tough cookie to kill in warzones.

Karsus - 50 sorc from Jung Ma

So...much...lightning....

whats your take on the claims that almost all dmg bypasses shields?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=158112

It sucks, I would prefer shield mechanics to be more useful in pvp. That said I get a noticeable amount of shielded attacks as indicated by ammo gains from Shield Cycler and Stock Strike proc's from Static Shield.

It sucks, I would prefer shield mechanics to be more useful in pvp. That said I get a noticeable amount of shielded attacks as indicated by ammo gains from Shield Cycler and Stock Strike proc's from Static Shield.

okay thx

Skrigg you stream! cool! and you posted all your builds! I was gonna bug you in game yesterday, but now they are linked here. I'm going to try them. By far one of the better known Vanguards on our server you have become.

Heh, so your Shields build was very very close to my original one.

I have since moved into a build with a focus on lower cool downs on movement abilities (for huttball) & gut for a long dot to keep them from getting points in voidstar and alderon.

I'm now using this: http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/trooper/vanguard/#::f6e3fef4ef3ece7fefefe6f18

This build is very low on dps IMHO, but focus on movement & tanking.

I tried a spec with incendiary round last night, it just felt like a weak ability to me for the three ammo it uses. It seems it would not get the dot on more than one target at a time. I prefer just tab cycling and using gut to keep them all dotted when I am trying to defend a point by myself in a WZ.

I will be back on this thread again, As I have been constantly messing with my skill trees the last few days, cant wait to try the ones you have been using.

Smoke Grenade: To be honest I don't know. I keep it for the chance that it does work in pvp.

I've found that Smoke Grenade was useful only while standing still, moment you move one step in either direction you'd lose buff it provides.