calphayus SM exploit

pugs continue to go all left during the first portal phase, i think this is an exploit, take away the hint to plant the seed, or put portal lock debuff in SM aswell. story mode is already easy, this is retarded..and sad: all these uber op dps with l33t numbers and super expensive outfits and mounts are scared by a small add casting mass affliction? it's horrible everytime.

i won't dish a drop of dps or heals everytime i'll be on left without that being my role..

pugs continue to go all left during the first portal phase, i think this is an exploit, take away the hint to plant the seed, or put portal lock debuff in SM aswell. story mode is already easy, this is retarded..and sad: all these uber op dps with l33t numbers and super expensive outfits and mounts are scared by a small add casting mass affliction? it's horrible everytime.

i won't dish a drop of dps or heals everytime i'll be on left without that being my role..

It's story mode dude. Get over it.

it's just stupid..i mean if i had to skip something going wrong even with competent people 9 out of 10 tries i'd understand, but it's 1 or 2 adds casting for ages a not so lethal dot..

and dp got already nerfed..

Edited by JouerTue

i see i cannot win this. reminds me about other wrong things which doesn't change because of people playing blind.

hopefully we'll all have an healthy guild to do nim wiht, but one day soon, when all will be on holiday, someone will q, and have 7 people out of 40lvls of kuat and just zoned inside DP sm with him and will understand my point.

#bothriumbeast/eldersubtheroth/commanderanyonehelp

#cannotbeatthearchonhelp

Try to teach a bad player what is left and right and you'll see why so many people do this way. It's good to have a guild but it's bad when most of them are not playing at the time, and you can't choose players until it's too late.

I've had one operation where people did this, I actually thought they had the strategy wrong so I corrected them saying that we have to split up.

Then they explained their strategy of all left. It is lame but not worth the fight. I'm sure they'll fix it at some point because they didn't put that portal and mobs to kill there for nothing. I wouldn't lose sleep about it, just enjoy a simpler operation for now.

It's story mode ops, what's the big deal?

You also mentioned Pugs. Who don't use TS and have zero communication. This is an organised fight. So any tactic that aleviates it's difficulty when you have no in game communication client is all good by me.

It's story mode ops, what's the big deal?

You also mentioned Pugs. Who don't use TS and have zero communication. This is an organised fight. So any tactic that aleviates it's difficulty when you have no in game communication client is all good by me.

Maybe they could make it so the blue light thingy doesnt appear if nobody went right side ? (meaning 80% chance of wipe)

Personally this glitch doesn't really annoy me. Yeah it's cheesing but what does it matter ? IT's not like it allows you to underman the rest of the fight. Everybody's still participating. Mr-Mass-Affliction's feelings were hurt because nobody showed up to kill him ? c'mon...

I'd rather they fix the "super-team" exploit on scum&villany oasis city infiltration. This one means up to 3/4 of the group have to fiddle their thumbs for nearly 10 minutes. Of course some people will not listen or get confused, so maybe instead of wiping the entire group if somebdy attacks something they're not supposed to, the story mode mechanics should only punish the offender. Good way to learn the hard way, imo.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

But is it learning anything? HM is very different in that you can't just have a left and right side team and must switch.

The object of the orange right side in phase 1, on SM, is to survive. The easiest way to survive is to not be there. I don't see it as an exploit. I see it as a valid tactic for SM mode.

But it probably will be fixed. Although it's been there since the start of SM, people only just starting to see it pop up more often as people slowly learned it.

EDIT: ^^^ - exactly

It's really unfair to call this an exploit at all. I'm sure that when Bioware developed the operation they understood that this strategy was a possibility. If they really wanted to make you split up, they would have included a mechanic that forced the group to split up (like in hardmode).

Calling something an exploit is basically calling something cheating, and I would not go so far as to say everyone going left is cheating. Everyone going left is the optimal strategy, so you can't really call people cheating for doing it.

I find it hard to believe that Bioware did not consider the option of everyone going left in SM, but I could be wrong, they have definitely missed things before.

Edited by bromotion

so with this logic, certain positioning on nefra (nim modes) wasnt exploit at all, it was just following imlemented mechanics

No, because that was a bug with a mechanic that is already implemented. In this case there is just no mechanic at all.

IMO, an exploit is when users take advantage of a bug in the game. There is no bug in this case, at least from what I can tell.

Edited by bromotion

Now I am not siding either way in this argument I just wanted to point out what a friend pointed out to me when we were discussing something similar. If you go back in the raiding forum and read, you will learn that in this game what we have defined as an exploit is something that allows you to "skip mechanics". So if you are skipping mechanics you are exploiting and if your not it's just cheesing to make something go faster, easier, whatever. Of course that is the definition as defined by the progression raiding community. Bioware may see it different. I kinda see it like it's story mode, so who knows man. It's different then say, the NiM Nefra exploit where you were really actively skipping mechanics and pretty much cheating. Then again maybe it's not so different. If ya say it's just story mode it's fine, ya get flamed for being a elitest pig cause you don't care about story mode. If you say it's cheating ya get called an elitiest pig cause you want everyone to do it the hard/right way. Which actually did happen to me when I contradicted the raid leader about his explanation of the fight. I had totally forgot about this thing and I wasn't trying to oust his authorita, but I got told that sorry we can't all be leet like you, this isn't hard mode. Really though, unless Tait chimes in, it's all a matter of choice

Now I am not siding either way in this argument I just wanted to point out what a friend pointed out to me when we were discussing something similar. If you go back in the raiding forum and read, you will learn that in this game what we have defined as an exploit is something that allows you to "skip mechanics". So if you are skipping mechanics you are exploiting and if your not it's just cheesing to make something go faster, easier, whatever. Of course that is the definition as defined by the progression raiding community. Bioware may see it different. I kinda see it like it's story mode, so who knows man. It's different then say, the NiM Nefra exploit where you were really actively skipping mechanics and pretty much cheating. Then again maybe it's not so different. If ya say it's just story mode it's fine, ya get flamed for being a elitest pig cause you don't care about story mode. If you say it's cheating ya get called an elitiest pig cause you want everyone to do it the hard/right way. Which actually did happen to me when I contradicted the raid leader about his explanation of the fight. I had totally forgot about this thing and I wasn't trying to oust his authorita, but I got told that sorry we can't all be leet like you, this isn't hard mode. Really though, unless Tait chimes in, it's all a matter of choice

If we go by that defention, then skipping trash is exploting and cheesing. Your are exploiting somethig to skip a mechanic.

I know this is not your personal defention and you obtained it from the communities sense of what it means.

If we go by that defention, then skipping trash is exploting and cheesing. Your are exploiting somethig to skip a mechanic.

I know this is not your personal defention and you obtained it from the communities sense of what it means.

Yes, I could see this point, but I am of the opinion that our forebears were talking the actual boss fights, as adds and trash are not really mechanics. That of course is my opinion. I believe it pertains more to the mechanics that are required to defeat a boss, placed by the dev's as part of that fight. I will again use the Nefra exploit cause it's a perfect example. Instead of doing the tank swap and the turning of the boss to split the cleave at 15 stacks, someone just basically stood in an area where Nefra couldn't hit them and kept her attention while someone wailed on her and someone healed, while on 16 man. Thus getting two dread master implants and some dread touched gear. I think that can be looked upon as a classic exploit. Again, I am saying this from a neutral ground. I don't care if folks cheese stuff, a friend said to me: If people HAVE TO use that exploit to get their implants, they don't deserve them. While I kinda think that that is true, another friend said if you can clear something legit but find a way to do it faster after that, then why waste time. I guess it's all a matter of how you look at and feel about things in regards to raiding. Just some food for thought, as again I am not taking a stance on the issue. The only ones that can say for sure if that is either cheating or a convenient work around is bioware.

beefcake

Ah, someone gets it. A better, funnier cartoon personality you would be hard pressed to find. Beefcake indeed!

As I go through life, the one lesson I will be sure to impart on my progeny is to make sure you can always take a sht at bestbuy.

Edited by jrwellworth
forgot

pugs continue to go all left during the first portal phase, i think this is an exploit

It's laziness. People just want a fast run and can't be bothered explaining fights to new people - although with this "strategy" being used so often I am quite sure most people actually think it's how the fight is meant to be done so the raid leader wouldn't have a clue what's meant to happen on the other side anyway.

This doesn't annoy me as much as the "super group" strategy for Oasis City though. I've been in groups where most of the members have only ever sat behind waiting while other people have done the work, so there hasn't been enough people there who actually know the fights to form a "super group" anyway and this results in as many wipes as it would have if everyone had participated.

Yeah, it's only story mode but people aren't getting a chance to learn anything, they aren't getting to enjoy the full experience, and they won't have any understanding of the basic fights if they go into HM. Whether you see it as an exploit or not, I think it's a shame that SM ops are so often just about getting fast ultimate comms. Some people are there for the experience and to have fun.

My favorite thing about the "super-group" Oasis strat is the fact that the ones who insist on doing it are always story-mode heroes who have never even cleared the instance on hard mode, and they think they should be in the "super-group" when there are members of the group with Dragonslayer standing right in front of them. In fact, my favorite part of any SM op is the guy who thinks he's the expert because he's done SM 50 times, even though he's never killed any boss on HM.

My favorite thing about the "super-group" Oasis strat is the fact that the ones who insist on doing it are always story-mode heroes who have never even cleared the instance on hard mode, and they think they should be in the "super-group" when there are members of the group with Dragonslayer standing right in front of them. In fact, my favorite part of any SM op is the guy who thinks he's the expert because he's done SM 50 times, even though he's never killed any boss on HM.

Hehe have to agree seen this alot of times, even with half the raid comprised of our NIM progression raiders haha