WTS.. ooh, you'll have to wait 40mins for it..

DonSkuzzie

Alright first off, I love the crew skill system, but here is a massive problem i forsee.

The only way to sell things now, is just craft something you think will be bought and put it on the trade Market , this is just something i don't like, it destroys the interaction with traders.

Since crafting a top tier purple item (lets say an item mod) takes 40min for the craft alone, you can't realy expect buyers to wait for it that long.

Wouldn't it be possible later on, to implement some kind of self craft mechanic, where you don't need to send your crew to do the crafting, but can actually do it yourself in lets say, 5min.

This will make the tarde channel alot more active.

I wanted to unlock all the purple mods later on, but i can't be arsed to try and sell them if i have to gamble for it to be bought or not (it costs a ****laod of gathering time spend on the resources, and credits).

Same goes for craftable armors and weapons i guess.

Just a thought, but i never liked the auction house in wow much for epics. For materials and consumables its fine, but for the bigger crafts i always looked for people who could craft them, and let them craft it in a few minutes..

Anyone else feel like this?

In most games I've seen so far, end game trades are handled through the forums, since whatever currency tends to lose its value by then.

What I'd like to see would be an exchange system so your trades can be handled offline.

This is partially integrated by the mail system that allows you to demand credits for delivery, but a better way would be something like sealed containers, which goes like this:

if both parties agree to trade, say lightsaber a for armor mod b they could each put their stuff in a special container that then gets locked for a time (24h-48h seems ok). When both containers are sealed, the players get a mail that tells them of the contents and a choice to agree to the trade or opt out. Opt out and you get a mail with your stuff, agree and the containers get exchanged.

Maybe this is a too complicated, but I think it could work if it gets integrated in the mail system somehow.

Honestly, I don't think it will ever change as it will completely break the system they have created. What will happen however, is that people will adapt. Either the GTN will become heavily used and all sales will be made through that, or people who prefer face to face interaction will come up with alternatives. I.E. Half of the money upfront, the other half on delivery. They provide all the mats, then when complete you mail them the item or meetup and trade the item in return for your fee minus the mats cost.

Those are just two ideas I had, I'm sure people will come up with several others. I don't see it being a big issue. Personally, I prefer the GTN as I don't like to have to spam the trade channels, or watch them. Maybe the 1 guy that wants to buy what I have for the price I want doesn't play the same time I do, but with the GTN it doesn't matter. I loved when WoW added the ability for enchantments to be sold on the AH, it made it a lot easier and convenient to both buy and sell them (at least for me), plus I could finally enchant BoP items for my alts.

Whenever I request an item from a clan crafter and they say it gonna take X minutes, I just have them COD it to me. I don't see the problem. It great for them cause there pet is off doing it while they continue fighting, and its great for me because I can pick it up at any mailbox anywhere I happen to be.

I get what the OP is saying...

what if there was a crafting request market window, where a buyer puts in X amount of credits and anyone who can fulfill that contract gets the money.

or if a seller puts up a contract for a certain item and a certain amount of money the buyer takes that contract, and the seller's companion immediately starts making the item.

Wouldn't it be possible later on, to implement some kind of self craft mechanic, where you don't need to send your crew to do the crafting, but can actually do it yourself in lets say, 5min.

I like that idea a lot. Maybe once you have crafted something so many times, you can craft it yourself a lot quicker than the companion, making in game trading a little quicker.

Whenever I request an item from a clan crafter and they say it gonna take X minutes, I just have them COD it to me. I don't see the problem. It great for them cause there pet is off doing it while they continue fighting, and its great for me because I can pick it up at any mailbox anywhere I happen to be.

For guildies it doesn't matter indeed, because your almost 100% sure the trade is secured.

but for regular trades, alot can happen in a 40min agreement with random people.

I like the idea of a reverse Global Trade Market... I put up what I WANT crafted, and what I'm willing to pay for it. Then crafters can send their crew to do the deed and supply my need.

I'd also like to see some fashion to secure the craft with my materials transaction, because if I've gathered 300,000 credits in materials to have something made the last thing I want to do is pass it to a stranger, and hope I get my gear in an hour.

How is this a problem? People will wait 40 minutes for a top tier item. Even if they didn't I still don't see a problem. It requires you to be a trader also. You should know what is desired.

Also right now you have to craft things to see their true stats. What it shows the stats as in the crafting window normally aren't the actual stats it's crafted at. A bug BW needs to get on top of.

I like the idea of a reverse Global Trade Market... I put up what I WANT crafted, and what I'm willing to pay for it. Then crafters can send their crew to do the deed and supply my need.

I'd also like to see some fashion to secure the craft with my materials transaction, because if I've gathered 300,000 credits in materials to have something made the last thing I want to do is pass it to a stranger, and hope I get my gear in an hour.

Sorry this is a TERRIBLE idea. Do you even understand how many hundreds of pages crafters would have to sift through? And that's why you use reputable crafters. Giving someone mats to craft an item isn't new to MMO's....

Sorry this is a TERRIBLE idea. Do you even understand how many hundreds of pages crafters would have to sift through? And that's why you use reputable crafters. Giving someone mats to craft an item isn't new to MMO's....

Why would crafters have to sift though hundreds of pages?

Eve Online has the ability to place orders for items in this manner and it works fine.

Edited by Stewsburntmonkey

This is the best idea I've ever read on the forums. It solves inflation, it solves the OP problem, it makes buyers happy, it makes crafters happy.

Mod stations and craft station should

1. allow you to craft things instantly

2. give you a higher crit chance on crafting things.

I'm not sure what the purpose of those stations are now since you can mod and craft on the fly and from anywhere (with a wait time on items none-the-less). It would also make cities feel more alive. The options should be there if it isn't already planned.

O.oa It takes 40 minutes to craft purple gear? I've only done the purple biochem thus far, but I believe it only takes me like 8 minutes to craft the purple lvl 25 stuff.

Also, if you're gathering the mats yourself and then crafting the gear... Why not just craft it first and then find someone to sell it to? Too much of a risk for you? If someone else is gathering the mats and having you craft it for them, there's always going to be a leap of faith taken whether it takes 5 seconds or 40 minutes to craft.

I do like the suggestion of adding a 'wanted' section with the item and price you're willing to pay though. It would make the link between crafters and buyers a lot better, in my opinion.

Edited by Fuin-tor

I vote no.

I may hate IRL analogies with economics in MMOs, but the truth is you have to try and sell it to see if there's a market for it. Which is part of it. I can create a few "test items" of red crystals, blue, and green and throw them on AH and whichever sells first I decide to craft a few extra of. I like that system much better than "I CAN CRAFT EPIC CRYSTAL PST" spam on trade chat. Its more realistic, and more money is "wasted" in general by people making useless stuff (thereby providing a counter for inflation).

I vote no.

I may hate IRL analogies with economics in MMOs, but the truth is you have to try and sell it to see if there's a market for it. Which is part of it. I can create a few "test items" of red crystals, blue, and green and throw them on AH and whichever sells first I decide to craft a few extra of. I like that system much better than "I CAN CRAFT EPIC CRYSTAL PST" spam on trade chat. Its more realistic, and more money is "wasted" in general by people making useless stuff (thereby providing a counter for inflation).

Right up until the gold farmers start exploiting the market for profit which they are already working at doing. Demand should drive the market and it needs to be regulated change the auction hall to a consignment house where players place purchase orders and crafter's fill them if no one fills the order in time the game fills the order. The game also sets the price with a fee for the purchaser to suck some of the currency out of the game and the crafter gets a profit based on a percentage of what the item cost to make.

Right up until the gold farmers start exploiting the market for profit which they are already working at doing. Demand should drive the market and it needs to be regulated change the auction hall to a consignment house where players place purchase orders and crafter's fill them if no one fills the order in time the game fills the order. The game also sets the price with a fee for the purchaser to suck some of the currency out of the game and the crafter gets a profit based on a percentage of what the item cost to make.

I never understood why games didn't do ordering systems, they're always so awesome.

I guess even if you could place a simplified order (I want an Orange Level 20-22 chestpiece heavy armor, with aim on it) that'd be better than nothing.

I don't really see it as a problem. Keep some stock on hand or Mail it to them COD.

The fact that it takes time to create items has a lot of positive implications as well, and requires you to stock up on product ahead of time.

For example if I'm biochem and selling stims, I know during the weekends demand peaks with people playing more and raiding, so during the week I build up stock so if I sell out I can quickly resupply and corner the market while my competitors are waiting for their stock to be made.

I don't really see it as a problem. Keep some stock on hand or Mail it to them COD.

The fact that it takes time to create items has a lot of positive implications as well, and requires you to stock up on product ahead of time.

For example if I'm biochem and selling stims, I know during the weekends demand peaks with people playing more and raiding, so during the week I build up stock so if I sell out I can quickly resupply and corner the market while my competitors are waiting for their stock to be made.

Relatively cheap to produce consumables are quite different than more permanent items of gear or mods. There is no practical way to stock up on all the items arms or armor crafters can produce, both in terms of the number of items and the cost of the high end purple and orange schematics.

How about being able to send my guys to craft a level x item token. This item token can be use to instant craft any item of its level or lower instant.

You can have it take more time or cost credits to make to level it out if they want. maybe even limit a person to like y number of tokens.

This will allow you to be able to sell items in real time in the trade channel without having to guess what people want.

The idea of a crafting "bounty board" is a great idea. Especially since the time to craft and item can be quite substantial.

If I want Schematic A I can place a "want ad" and someone can fill this or they can lock if for an hour but if they fail to craft they get a "black mark" and cannot lock a request for a day. Increase 12 hours with each failure to complete a locked request.