LiveStream Event #2

CourtneyWoods

I would also like to know if SGRA's are still be worked on and feel I should add that many of us don't believe that confirming the existence of this content on the release schedule is a "spoiler".

If anyone at Bioware would care to read The Thread, we have discussed, at length, what is felt to be important information without delving into the realm of spoilers.

That is:

SGRA's: still coming to SWTOR?

Will SGRA's be available to all classes?

Will SGRA's be available to both genders? (i.e. lesbian and gay possibilities)

Will SGRA's be available retroactively past the Legacy completion point (i.e. the last conversation with a companion)?

Will SGRA's be available with current companions?

Also, you've gone against Mr. Erickson's comment that story content would be updated this year (2012) - this being important because he also stated that SGRA's would be bundled with a general story content update (they are story content, after all) - but have not actually commented on this action, why? When can we expect a story content update? When can we expect SGRA's? Is it 2013? Later? If so, why have Bioware decided to ignore a part of their fanbase and act against their own previous inclusive ideology?

I would also like to see these questions answered.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in with wanting to know when/if SGRes will be added to the game. A little bit of clarification would be greatly appreciated, especially considering I'm trying to plan whether or not I'll eventually be re-rolling an Agent to get that content and would like to have it in mind for whenever I roll a new character. Thank you

I have a list of several questions that I would like to see answered. These can be abbreviated if need be.

First: Will the ability to purchase additional character slots be added to the Cartel Market soon? Players have been asking for this for quite a while now, and it is very frustrating to have ideas for characters and not being able to make them, subscriber status or not.

Second: Will the fabled hood raise/lower tech ever be completed? It may not be a very important issue for you at BioWare, but it is a very big one for us players. Not being able to toggle the state of hoods can be a very jarring, enjoyment ruining thing, despite how small an issue it may seem.

Third: Will the new species, Cathar, be added to the Cartel Market soon? The players who have been looking forward to the addition of this species have been eagerly or impatiently waiting for this species to be added, which was promised to be added when the Free to Play Option was implemented.

Fourth: When will additional "special effect weapons" such as the Hyperstorm Heavy Cannon and the Black Nebula Blaster be added to the Cartel Market? I am especially interested to know if any one-handed weapons of this nature (lightsabers and pistols) will be usable in the off-hand as well as the main-hand.

Fifth: Why are there so many Custom quality single-bladed lightsabers and blaster pistols that can only be used in the main-hand? I can understand limiting the weapons with fixed stats such as campaign gear, so that other classes than intended cannot use them, but it is pointless to limit the use of one-handed Custom quality weapons. Players tend to be more interested in the looks of these weapons, removing the stats so that they can input the correct ones for their class. Limiting these weapons like this mainly serves to aggravate players who wish to obtain a certain look for their characters.

QUESTION: Any more quests/events like the Magenta Crystal and the +10 Datacrons on the horizon? These events really got guilds, and at times complete strangers, working together for a common goal.

QUESTION: Section X, the new dailies area, houses an awesome new world boss and a fun Heroic +4. The only issue most people have with it is that the terrain itself is absolutely too overplayed. This is the second daily area on Belsavis. What other planets may be used for expanded daily areas? What planet qualities are needed for a new daily area to be added there?

QUESTION: Since 1.4 went live. Endgame item modifications have been extremely popular as a crafted product. Naturally, obtaining the best gear no longer solely requires constantly clearing Hardmode TFB. In general, it is easier to get BEST IN SLOT gear since 1.4. Is this the intention of the team? Will future item modifications still have a 20% chance to learn the schematic? Will players still be able to reverse engineer products of other crafters?

QUESTION: Tauntaun mount? Other live mounts?

QUESTION: Classes that can go stealth have a potentially free battle resurrection, which makes content very easy for certain classes. When will the stealth battle revive be fixed?

QUESTION: The Molecular Stabilizer is naturally more common than the Synthetic Energy Matrix, a naturally rare crafting material. The crafting market created and maintains a much higher demand for molecular stabilizers because of the current situation of materials needed for high level item modifications. Is this intended? Are Synthetic Energy Matrix intended to not be a common crafting factor?

QUESTION: Are mini-games like Pazaak planned? Pazaak would be an great addition to the Cartel Market since player cards would be sold.

QUESTION: The most enjoyable questing situations revolve around the environment coming to life while players are in combat. Ally NPCs coming to your aid (or you coming to their aid) add a unique layer to combat not explored by this game very much. At times we see boss figures utilize their environment to perform their abilities (I would like to site specific examples but they spoil the main quest line of classes). Such elements are only heavily present in the leveling process but not so much in end-game PvE. As we say with Explosive Conflict, the potential of adding a NPC dynamic to actual combat was absolutely ignored even though it was very possible due to the nature of the operation story. Will we see a more dynamic involvement by NPCs in end-game content?

ANSWER: Yes, my favorite Office character is Dwight.

Question 1: Are there any plans in the future to redo Illum to make it a go to place for open world PVP?

Question 2: This kind of has to do with my Illum question, when are we going to see some walker mounts in PVP to be used for possible siege weapons, on maybe an open world Illum type of place?

Question 3: Will we ever be able to customize the exterior of our player ships? Hoping for a future free roaming space expansion but until then, at least this would be interesting.

Question 4: Any plans to diversify endgame gear?

Question 5: When will the Looped music and Mini games be added?

Question 6: When will we get some kind of PVP warzone where we can use our companions?

Question 7: More non human looking Aliens races for us to choose from? Are we going to see those in the near future?

Question 8: Can you guys please increase the mount speed to reflect a more realistic riding mount in the star wars universe. Or at least come out with a separate very expensive and fast new mount.

Last question: When will it be useful endgame to be a crafter? Will we be able to make gear that will be uniquely obtainable by crafting? And will there be any more evens in flashpoints that require someone with a certain craft to use like in the Hammer station FP?

Edited by Avengerfx

Beyond the fact that chat bubbles world pvp cross server queing, (should be almost standard for any new game) what about faction defection mainly why are the bounty hunter and smuggler not a nutral party ither republic or empire. And whats with the stupid long load times into new zones. Why not follow funcoms faction model for Anachy Online? Adding the ability to change factions, could put the spring in SWTOR step it needs to pull in a larger player base

I would also like to know if SGRA's are still be worked on and feel I should add that many of us don't believe that confirming the existence of this content on the release schedule is a "spoiler".

If anyone at Bioware would care to read The Thread, we have discussed, at length, what is felt to be important information without delving into the realm of spoilers.

That is:

SGRA's: still coming to SWTOR?

Will SGRA's be available to all classes?

Will SGRA's be available to both genders? (i.e. lesbian and gay possibilities)

Will SGRA's be available retroactively past the Legacy completion point (i.e. the last conversation with a companion)?

Will SGRA's be available with current companions?

Also, you've gone against Mr. Erickson's comment that story content would be updated this year (2012) - this being important because he also stated that SGRA's would be bundled with a general story content update (they are story content, after all) - but have not actually commented on this action, why? When can we expect a story content update? When can we expect SGRA's? Is it 2013? Later? If so, why have Bioware decided to ignore a part of their fanbase and act against their own previous inclusive ideology?

This, please.

1. Is Malgus alive? :D

2. When will we get double-seat speeders?

3. When will we get more character customization options? (Longer hair, more body-types, more make-up...)

4. Will you remove companions from PvP on PvP servers?

5. Will you remove guards (one-shotting turrets) in enemy's bases on PvP servers?

6. Will there be more companion storylines?

7. Will there be more individual class story-lines (not the same story for every class like Ilum. I mean on single class story like we had during our leveling)

8. When are we getting companion health bars as raid frames?

9. Are you considering some changes in PvP such as: looking into resolve system, damage numbers of certain classes, mobility and survivability of others?

10. Will there ever be PvP matches for less than 8 people? Lets say: 4?

11. Are you considering increasing the number of quick-bars for F2P players? (I am a subscriber, but I am wondering)

12. When will you fix Security Key issue? (if you do not know what am I talking about try buying it or look on forums about the problem)

13. Will we ever be able to customize our ship?

14. Many people would like to know will we ever be able to buy apartments/offices to our guilds/characters?

:cool:

Edited by Boyana

Hello there.

1) Is the Super Secret Space Project (SSSP) still alive? I'm refering to the 'space overhaul' previously mentioned a few times by Daniel Erickson. It was stated that this overhaul has nothing to do with the new space missions currently on the PTS but little else was released. With no mention since august I was wondering if the project is still ongoing or has it been scrapped?

2) If it is still being worked on can we know anything more about it? 3D flight sim, space pvp, actual space exploration etc.

3) Will Makeb be free to subscribers?

4) Are you currently working on implementing any mini-games (Pazaak, Sabaac, Dejarik, Swoop racing etc)

5) Chapter 4 is rumored to be the same story for all 8 classes. Any truth in this?

Would be overjoyed if you could answer the 1st question. The rest are secondary to me.

Thanks in advance.

I read following a link to a interview from some post on this forums, that Bioware intends to implement the character locks with 1.6.

I'm a subscriber with 16 characters on one server, due to the merges.

Currently when i log out a character, it goes to the end of page 2 on the selection screen.

1 - I would like to know what criteria you will use to determine what characters to lock, since I fear you will end up locking my mains (wich i play the most).

Q: Are you looking at adding phasing tech to help show the progression of the player as they move through the story content on a planet? Eg, Start Taris and see the planet as a ruin, complete several missions and the main base will look more completed.

Q: Any plans to add a day / night cycle to show the progression of time in the world?

Q: When you add chat bubbles, will you be scripting NPCs to walk around and talk to each other and to players near by?

Lots of great feedback and questions in this topic, but I'd like to add one thing:

A couple of months ago, one of the devs said that they're planning to add mentoring system in SWTOR (a.k.a. down-leveling to the lower level areas you visit) 'at some point in the future', to help friends and keep the content still on level. Any news on that, will it be coming to SWTOR soon? :D

Edited by MrToxin

A crafting question :)

Currently Armormech and Synthweaving are probably the only two profession that hasnt got any thing unique to offer as far as end game crafting are concern with the exception of the auments (which are spreadout over a few professions)., and its looking even worst with the Tionese giveaway introducing in 1.6.

I like to know whether there's any plans to rectify this in some way? e.g. new schematics for endgame?

Hello Bioware. There are many things I would love added to the game. And many things that have been announced that I can't wait for. (Makeb, Cathar, Chapter 4, etc....) But there is one thing that I always think of that should be added when I play it. And that is multi-player space missions. Any chance of making this a reality in the future? Thank you for your time and great game!!! I love it.

When are you guys going to get around to fixing the serious lag issue that have made the game virtually unplayable for many of your subscribers since 1.4?

Please see THIS 6-Star thread for further details:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=545658

I would also like an answer to this question. Since 1.4 ability delay and CTD on loading screens is a major problem for some.

When will you stop ruining the game? Putting in a clear cash grab Black Market system, punishing those who want to enjoy the game but can't necessarily pay for it, completely destroying class balance for PvP, filling the game with countless bugs after releasing a "bug fix" patch, come out with PvE content that isn't cleared on it's hardest difficulty within 2-3 days of its release, give us server transfers, race changes, faction changes, and finally, tell EA to get lost.

What is in the works for ranked PVP?

Will there ever be a season one?

Is it even possible to move to season one without cross server queues?

Will there be more incentives to queue for ranked warzones?

Is a proper match making system in the works for ranked matchups?

We've had many people and guilds leave this game because ranked isn't even close to what it should be. If you want more subscribers, it is very important that the above issues be addressed and talked about. Remaining silent on them is losing you subscribers on a daily basis.

Will you ever Update the Holonet to make it similar to a Wiki (search functions, full time writers for new content (week after it comes out))

It's really annoying this far into 1.5 still not being able to find any information about current content anywhere online or on the forums. I was looking up the new Mount that drops from NiM EC and couldn't find anything.

I'm on board with wanting to know about the ridiculous lag now as well. Especially whether or not you attribute it to grossly overloaded servers... speaking of which are you going to adding more servers back? I mean a week night with a minimum of 3 full instances per planet and 5 or 6 per fleet have got to be taking their toll on your hardware.

This is an issue that should be answered with much priority because many people that stayed on as subscribers are starting to lose patience with it.

Edited by bahdasz

1. When will we get the free name changes (for subscribers) that is advertised on the website.

2. Will we ever be able to hide dead/obsolete currency. i absolutely hate having to scroll down over and over to see the pvp currency. And when will that be implemented. New characters i create.. i purposefully do not pickup planet comms bcz of this, and im sure thats not what you guys intended.

3. You want the pvp gear gap to go away. Why not just sell the gear blank and sell the mods on their own. That will save you guys time on itemizing and allow you to focus on creating new armor sets. and let us min/max.

So you start with recruit gear. And you buy and mod your own replacements. I really feel this will be a time saver and the people who grind out the wh then ewh gear wouldnt be so mad when the next step of gear comes out. as you could instantly start upgrading to the new mods (since they would obviously be cheaper then a full piece of gear). As of right now, you grind the gear. then you grind other gear, to pull out those mods to min/max/optimize.

Edited by Nieosatlio

Will non-subscribers be able to have more than just two character slots per account in the future? Or at least have the option to buy more slots with Cartel Coins?

I would like to know this plus why restrict the number of characters you can make per account? There's 8 servers now instead of 20+ from launch. From what people have been posting on this forum most are dead mainly because you only allow 2 characters per account. Adding more servers won't solve the problem.

And another question, why can't you make a 4th tier of membership between the Preferred Members and Sub Members so the people that bought the game from launch either Collector's Edition or Digital Deluxe have slightly less restrictions. Having paid $60+ for the game and an additional $15 per month for however long doesn't seem fair to have many of features and characters locked out. Bumping them to only Preferred status and putting them in the category of new players that just spend $5 just doesn't feel right to me. People that paid for the game at launch should have the features unlocked that came with the game. For instance the hot bars and the hide headslot both were in the game from the start, why charge for it now?