Anyone fought near the usable Turrets in Ilum?

copasetic

I had my first experience fighting Republics near their usable Turret just outside their base yesterday and it was awesome. It was the first time I've seen the Turret used and it was both painful and hilarious watching about 20 Imperials health drop to nothing in a matter of seconds. I didn't even mind dying to it since it was far better than instantly being blown up after being pulled into the Republic base.

For those that haven't seen it, the Turrets fire a huge AoE wave that can hit unlimited enemies as long as they are in its path. It has around a 5-8 second cast and has a cooldown after being used to prevent spamming. It has a pretty far range and constantly caught us Imperials off guard. The funniest part was when they used both the left and right Turrets at the same time and had a crossfire going that nearly killed our entire Ops group.

This was by far the funnest experience I've had in Ilum so far and hope to see more Republics use these Turrets. I think Imperials should even let the Republics come out to the gun since its mutually beneficial for both sides so everyone can get the dailies/weeklies done faster. This occurred on The Fatman to those that are curious. Repubs on Fatman: use the Turrets more!

I had my first experience fighting Republics near their usable Turret just outside their base yesterday and it was awesome. It was the first time I've seen the Turret used and it was both painful and hilarious watching about 20 Imperials health drop to nothing in a matter of seconds. I didn't even mind dying to it since it was far better than instantly being blown up after being pulled into the Republic base.

For those that haven't seen it, the Turrets fire a huge AoE wave that can hit unlimited enemies as long as they are in its path. It has around a 5-8 second cast and has a cooldown after being used to prevent spamming. It has a pretty far range and constantly caught us Imperials off guard. The funniest part was when they used both the left and right Turrets at the same time and had a crossfire going that nearly killed our entire Ops group.

This was by far the funnest experience I've had in Ilum so far and hope to see more Republics use these Turrets. I think Imperials should even let the Republics come out to the gun since its mutually beneficial for both sides so everyone can get the dailies/weeklies done faster. This occurred on The Fatman to those that are curious. Repubs on Fatman: use the Turrets more!

Pwned some sithies with it earlier today.