Frequently Asked PvP Questions

EricMusco

I am a casual PvPer, and even I am alarmed by these answers.

On the flip side, the PvP community where I play is rather toxic towards new and inexperienced players. I think that we cannot pretend that our own actions in PvP at large as a community (not merely wins and losses in matches) do not sometimes chase people away from trying to play for more than one or two matches ever. By, "we," I am being ambiguous and not specific to any posters in this thread. I could also be way off base at large, but these have been my personal experiences with the PvP community.

This also in no way frees up Bioware from the disappointing information they offered in this thread. All I'm saying is, if you are playing and you are going to stick around, then try to help the new players learn and/or at least try to offset or defuse the words of the less than noble elements of the PvP crowd that end up chasing new PvPers away.

This is also not to say that such things don't happen in PvE, particularly for Ops, but that's a topic for a different thread.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have stuck with this game and i am a founder who only pvp for 2 years i not blaming people what i am saying is you all are making a mountain out of a mole hill . Population they have server transfers available to you to change your situation. But you all wanted to roll pvp server while the pve server pop is still fine hell my server has 4 version of fleet and que pops ever 2 min but hey let complain more. IT been helping for 2 year right.

No one cares about regs dammit. The population concern is about ranked.

Also as someone that used to be on JC and left for POT5...JC has fast reg pops but that server has some of the worst pvpers I have ever seen and it only got worse when all the good players bailed for POT5. I decided to leave when I was spending 30 minutes waiting for a ranked pop.

With that said, if BW bothered to implement cross server I could of stayed on the server instead of spending money moving all my toons. But of course, why would BW do something like add cross server when they can continue to rip money from people with server transfers.

The reason these questions are frequently asked is because your player base wants them and to say to 90% of them that there are no plans to implement is just a slap in the face to PvPers.

What exactly is on the PvP development time table, obviously it's nothing we're asking for. Yes we're getting a new Hutball map, and I'm sure the design will be fun, but all we're asking for is some improvements to existing content, most of which can be fixed by simply merging the warzone queues and giving us a bigger population to play with.

This is the worst PR I've ever seen from any company. Your consumers are telling you what they want and all you say is too bad you get nothing. Who runs a business like this, where is the carrot to keep us interested in PvP. What is the point in continuing to support this game when you clearly are not listening to your consumers.

this is sad news to recieve. i quite recently returned to the game, but seeing all these nonos on the part i almost exclusively do, i will probably not stick around much longer. i love star wars, but i play mmos because i love pvp in that particular gamestyle. and it seems like the future is not too bright in this game, atleast not for this aspect. :(

I doubt .02% of the PVP population leaving due to this thread is going to frighten them into action.

Id bet that the majority of the people who regularly PvP is even aware of this thread since so few of them even use the forums. This will probably have more of an impact than you think.

If you're a super casual/terrible player for PvP you're probably loving this day.

The comment of Eric on the live stream was the last shot of ignorance and arrogance ever.

You know I can read english and can understand very well what is posted on the Dev Tracker and the FAQ etc. We don't misunderstand.

Wildstar beta weekend is starting tomorrow, I'll be playing on US server again because it's been kinda cool playing while keeping my English up with voip.

We didn't understand anything wrong BW, you just have no answers.

And btw. free all those who have just been perma banned for criticizing your work. Ignore it all, I'm sure it will help improve the game.

124 days played on my Main, over 5000 hrs using Xfire... sad to have it all crushed in one day.

Id bet that the majority of the people who regularly PvP is even aware of this thread since so few of them even use the forums. This will probably have more of an impact than you think.

If you're a super casual/terrible player for PvP you're probably loving this day.

Because all the super duper players are leaving? First, don't over sell it, second, don't over sell it.

Because all the super duper players are leaving? First, don't over sell it, second, don't over sell it.
More than a third of the servers fall under the "PvP" category. I am tired of care-bears talking about the pvp population being insignificant when competitive play has proven to be a big selling point for video games. The numbers don't lie. Prejudiced opinions do.

Go and check out how PvP focused games like GW2 are doing. Then come back to SWTOR and its 100 players on fleet during prime time when there are 300+ players showing up for an event in a EU GW2 server 4 in the morning on a weekday.

Edited by Metallistic

I haven't seen this type of reaction since they delayed ranked warzones almost 2 years ago and they lost a TON of the core PvP community in which it never recovered from. Yes people are still going to PvP but the core players, the ones who're making guides, doing in depth testings will be fewer and far between.

More than a third of the servers fall under the "PvP" category. I am tired of care-bears talking about the pvp population being insignificant when competitive play has proven to be a big selling point for video games. The numbers don't lie. Prejudiced opinions do.

Go and check out how PvP focused games like GW2 are doing. Then come back to SWTOR and its 100 players on fleet during prime time when there are 300+ players showing up for an event in a EU GW2 server 4 in the morning on a weekday.

I wasn't talking about anyone's population being insignificant. I was talking about him overselling the people rage quitting on here as being so awesome that carebears are having a parade.

That being said, my server generally has 3 fleet instances going during prime time amounting to around 450 players and that's just people currently sitting on fleet. That doesn't count folks sitting on ships, planets, ops, FP's and warzones.

IOW, get a better server.

Sounds like you mad u bad.

Off to Wildstar since this games PVP officially died today. No cross server ever LOLZ

I'm not mad. I'll be playing wildstar as well. Hell I've been playing the closed beta for weeks. I just find it funny that someone like him would even be in favor of playing a game that represents many of the things he's has been very vocal about being against in the last few months.

I haven't seen this type of reaction since they delayed ranked warzones almost 2 years ago and they lost a TON of the core PvP community in which it never recovered from. Yes people are still going to PvP but the core players, the ones who're making guides, doing in depth testings will be fewer and far between.

I'm sure you guys would like your leaving to be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche, but I'm just not sure that will be the case over one post.

I wasn't talking about anyone's population being insignificant. I was talking about him overselling the people rage quitting on here as being so awesome that carebears are having a parade.

That being said, my server generally has 3 fleet instances going during prime time amounting to around 450 players and that's just people currently sitting on fleet. That doesn't count folks sitting on ships, planets, ops, FP's and warzones.

I know around 20 pvpers that have unsubbed today,probably more will unsub but unsubbing has a ripple effect game is dead for pvp anyway......

Such a useless post, I'm from The Red Eclipse... and here GOOD PvP, Raked and so on... ARE DEAD. Simple DEAD.

450 players in fleet and just if you spam over one hour you will get one rakend popped.

And the numbers are DROPPING, two months ago there was really lot more people around, most comingfor GFS and lefted after a quick shot.

I'm sure you guys would like your leaving to be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche, but I'm just not sure that will be the case over one post.

You weren't around during 1.2 were you? It took this game almost a year to recover from that pvp blunder and was pretty much one of the main reasons why it went F2P.

I honestly could not give one **** what happens in this game. I have supported it with a sub since early access and I cannot defend it anymore. It's almost like they're trying to drive away the PvP focused players, not just the hardcore crowd. Like I said, people are still going to PvP but all the players that actually give or gave a **** will be gone. These are the players actively trying to improve PvP even though nothing we provide ever even gets taken into consideration when it comes to anything.

The falling stones bit happened a long time ago, what was left were small stones trying desperately to hold it up in hopes of this game getting the PvP act together. Nobody here thinks they're special, but if you're completely blind to the fact that massive amounts of hardcore PvP types have left/leaving, I believe you need to come out from under the stone you've been hiding under tbh.