Character Analysis: Cin Drallig

Wolfninjajedi

Another thread of mine, looking more to the character of Jedi Battlemaster(or Sword Master) Cin Drallig. While he doesn't have a whole ton of information on him, he still is overlooked by a lot of people...so am here to shed some light on this under used character while throwing in some other tid bits here and there so lets get started.

==========

"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"

―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Cin Drallig was taught by Yoda himself in lightsaber combat, his regular master is unknown however. But regardless being trained by Yoda made Cin, one of the most powerful duelists in the entire jedi order and eventually his skills progressed so far enough that he was named Battlemaster(Sword Master) of the entire Jedi Order by the High Council. Cin was a master of every lightsaber form save for Form VII, but he knew enough to give his students an accurate description.

Cin Drallig was also a swordmaster, something that took years and years to achieve and that in itself is no small feat. He also trained Obi-Wan and Anakin in lightsaber combat, with Anakin becoming one of his greatest students ever. Cin was also very proficent in the force, using force speed against his opponents. However sadly, even with his skill Master Drallig couldn't defeat Vader and died protecting his students, later on when Yoda and Obi-Wan found his body Yoda stated that Cin wouldn't abandon them. It is unknown however, how the fight with Cin and Vader really went.

Should also note, that Cin was one of the last hope's in stopping the temple's fall and that when Vader was in his suit he reflected back on Knightfall and him crossing blades with his former teacher was one of his more clearer memories. His knowledge of saber combat however, survived and was recorded in the Great Holocron and rediscovered by the NJO.

====

Anyway that kinda ends the lore bits, now for my thoughts. I would take a guess, that his fight with Vader was a bit of a challenge for him. It would be kinda rather stupid, to have a character know all of what he knows only to get cut down within a couple of seconds and being that Cin was really the only significant threat to Vader at the temple would make sense.

But anyway, there ya go folks enjoy the read. Shall do the last character I have on my list sometime this week, will do more but I just had 3 put down so stay tuned for the 3rd.

Cin Drallig was one of the Greats I feel. A true swordsmaster, who taught many generations of Jedi. I would espect the battle between Vader and Cin to be quite a show. I think what we see in ROTS is the final seconds of the battle so maybe Cin was able to hold his own for quite some time.

Cin Drallig was one of the Greats I feel. A true swordsmaster, who taught many generations of Jedi. I would espect the battle between Vader and Cin to be quite a show. I think what we see in ROTS is the final seconds of the battle so maybe Cin was able to hold his own for quite some time.

Eventhough the game was actually horrid the game of ROTS the fight with Cin Dralling is actually an epic one. That was almost worth the game.

My question is, why the hell doesn't he appear in the Clone Wars often?

Thats what I wonder lol. Has yet to make an appearance, which makes me sad..

You can see him in the hol movie from the tempel in epis III.He is fighting Vader while Vader is chocking another jedi.

Here is the image http://images-mediawiki-sites.theful...3264826377.jpg

Ya but you really only see like...3 seconds of the holo vid, a shame that Nick got all dressed up and everything and that was his only appearance. Eh...perhaps when ROTS is released again, they might add in the fight and show more of the temple.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Thats what I wonder lol.

Ya but you really only see like...3 seconds of the holo vid, a shame that Nick got all dressed up and everything and that was his only appearance. Eh...perhaps when ROTS is released again, they might add in the fight and show more of the temple.

I wish, Lucas was a gigant fool for not showing the epic fights Vader hadd against the masters.That way

people would understand how powerful Vader really was.

Hey its possible, he added in a few new scenes in a New Hope when he released it again.

Again, play the actual game ROTS, granted most of it is just run here and do this, but the assault on the jedi temple when you are vader, you actually get to see that epic fight between dralling and anakin as well as actually fight it :cool::cool:

Again, play the actual game ROTS, granted most of it is just run here and do this, but the assault on the jedi temple when you are vader, you actually get to see that epic fight between dralling and anakin as well as actually fight it :cool::cool:

Ya I know, I have the ROTS game. But would prefer something more canon, then a game fight...especially since the game fight was different then what was shown in the movie of what was going on and who else Cin had with him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

OP, what about Cin's apprentice and the events (give or take canon) of the Star Wars Ep III game where Vader battles it out with Cin?

Was mainly focusing on Cin himself, not so much anyone else being that this is his analysis. As for the fight, I did include that he fought Vader but its unknown as to how that actually went down being that from the holo vid it shows differently then the game.