An in-depth look at: The Mandalorian Wars

Aurbere

In my personal opinion I feel the Jedi should mobilized early on and should have just cut off the threat at it's source. The source being Mandalore. After all, the Jedi had numerous infiltrators (shadows in the game) that could have probably killed Mandalore early on and prevented most of the bloodshed. Also the Jedi should have recognized the threat, they say they are recovering from previous wars, well if they stopped the war before it started, they would have more time to recover before the Sith returned.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my personal opinion I feel the Jedi should mobilized early on and should have just cut off the threat at it's source. The source being Mandalore. After all, the Jedi had numerous infiltrators (shadows in the game) that could have probably killed Mandalore early on and prevented most of the bloodshed. Also the Jedi should have recognized the threat, they say they are recovering from previous wars, well if they stopped the war before it started, they would have more time to recover before the Sith returned.

Jedi aren't assassins. And they aren't galactic enforcers. Unless these systems asked for help, the Jedi and the Republic couldn't do anything. Obviously they didn't have time to ask. Its a flawed system, but the Jedi were bound by Republic law.

Like I said, the law was flawed. Which led to the Republic trying to get as many systems into the government as possible to avoid something like this happening again.

This grew a lot while i was working :-P

Lots of very good points on both sides,

What some people are ignoring is that the Republic was losing the war against the Mandalorians. This is shown in both Kotor 1 and 2. Canderous in both games comments that the Republic was losing again and again until Revan arrived. Atton reinforces this showing that Republic moral was shattered, their soldiers had little hope and were constantly retreating from a force that was only a fraction of theirs. Every victory brought the Mandalorians more slaves and more resources and higher moral while the opposite was happening to the Republic.

If Revan hadn't gone to war and listened to the Council what would have happened? What would they have saved? Lets say that the Outer Rim fell, and the Mandalorians were sacking the Mid Rim? Would the Jedi have intervened then? Why then? Would they know then about the Sith Empire? How would they find out about it?

Were they waiting for a vision to explain the entire backstory? Would they have intervened when the Mandalorians were invading the Core Worlds? We don't know exactly what would have caused the Jedi to start fighting back.

Like the dialog between the Exile and Atris at Telos shows us (at least from Meetra's point of view) the Jedi watched millions, perhaps billions die and did nothing. Why do you think it was so easy for Revan to get people to turn against the Jedi? People saw the Jedi as cruel uncaring people who were suppose to be their saviors and instead seemed to hide inside their temples as the Mandalorians tore the Republic apart.

As it was mentioned before, one of Kotor 2's prime angles was that the Council was wrong, Revan knew that the Republic couldn't defeat the Sith as they were, they had to change, and he had to do what he did. After all, as Kreia said. Did Revan truly fall, or did he stay true to himself no matter what mantle he wore? Revan saved the Republic with his actions, he just sacrificed billions of lives to make sure that it survived. Most of us cannot accept the idea that billions must die to save quadrillions.

Just my opinion on the matter, could be wrong but that is how I see it.

In the end, following the Mandalorian Wars, Revan only saved the Republic from his own mess. He wasn't a good guy, he was essentially like Bengel Morr. Kreia's theory about Revan never falling and taking on the Mantle of the Dark Lord as a sacrifice is nonsense. The Jedi Order didn't need to to turn to the darkside to defeat the Sith Emperor or the Mandalorians. Edited by OldVengeance

When I made this thread, I was concerned over some opinions. This thread was primarily meant to provide an overview of the Mandalorian Wars and to clear up some misconceptions. Specifically the misconception involving the Jedi Council and their so-called "cowardice". I can see why many believe the Jedi were cowards, but some don't look at ALL of the circumstances surrounding the war. We all have our opinions and this thread was meant to shine some light on the Jedi Council's decisions.

I can neither condone nor condemn the Jedi for their decision.

In the end, following the Mandalorian Wars, Revan only saved the Republic from his own mess. He wasn't a good guy, he was essentially like Bengel Morr. Kreia's theory about Revan never falling and taking on the Mantle of the Dark Lord as a sacrifice is nonsense. The Jedi Order didn't need to to turn to the darkside to defeat the Sith Emperor or the Mandalorians.

*When Revan was a Jedi Pre Mandalorian War , he was a Good Person

*When Revan went to fight the Mandalorians , was because he let his emotions control him as he could not bare to watch people being slaughtered and do nothing

*When Revan made the plans to destroy Billions to end the War , he did it for the cause of saving more .

^But as he went to War his actions became the Actions of his enemies and there for morally was losing himself to the darkside

*When he came back from finding the Emperor , he decided he was the only one who could save the Republic from him.

^ Ego

So he Saved the Republic from the Mandalorians with the help of his Generals Malek and Meetra ........etc etc

Then he destroyed the Republic in the cause of saving it from the Emperor .........EGO

Then he while not himself and back to being a Jedi killed Malek , but he didn't really clean up his own mess ! It was Meetra that finished off Revan and Malek's Sith Empire , not Revan .

It was Meetra that gave the Republic some peace time and restored the Jedi , while Revan selfishly went on to look for his past .

Revan has always been more Darksided , while his friend and Loyal companion Meetra has always been of the Light . In all and all , I feel DarkJedi/Sithlord Darth Revan is the Real Revan . He is largely the Old Republic version of Anakin without the Chosen One part !

When I think of Kreia's theory about Revan, I feel it is totally true . He stayed the Course of a Person who thought he was doing what was best , Kinda like Anakin in Ep.3 who believed by killing the Jedi and the Separatists thought he was Protecting the Republic and only through him it could be done .

But Revan did alot of Evil deeds while as Darth Revan including cutting the Jaw off his Best friend and apprentice Malek . Allowing Meetra to take the Fall for his Plan taht killed Billions was pretty evil thing to do to your Loyal Friend as well .

Edited by mefit

*When Revan was a Jedi Pre Mandalorian War , he was a Good Person

*When Revan went to fight the Mandalorians , was because he let his emotions control him as he could not bare to watch people being slaughtered and do nothing

*When Revan made the plans to destroy Billions to end the War , he did it for the cause of saving more .

^But as he went to War his actions became the Actions of his enemies and there for morally was losing himself to the darkside

*When he came back from finding the Emperor , he decided he was the only one who could save the Republic from him.

^ Ego

So he Saved the Republic from the Mandalorians with the help of his Generals Malek and Meetra ........etc etc

Then he destroyed the Republic in the cause of saving it from the Emperor .........EGO

Then he while not himself and back to being a Jedi killed Malek , but he didn't really clean up his own mess ! It was Meetra that finished off Revan and Malek's Sith Empire , not Revan .

It was Meetra that gave the Republic some peace time and restored the Jedi , while Revan selfishly went on to look for his past .

Revan has always been more Darksided , while his friend and Loyal companion Meetra has always been of the Light . In all and all , I feel DarkJedi/Sithlord Darth Revan is the Real Revan . He is largely the Old Republic version of Anakin without the Chosen One part !

When I think of Kreia's theory about Revan, I feel it is totally true . He stayed the Course of a Person who thought he was doing what was best , Kinda like Anakin in Ep.3 who believed by killing the Jedi and the Separatists thought he was Protecting the Republic and only through him it could be done .

But Revan did alot of Evil deeds while as Darth Revan including cutting the Jaw off his Best friend and apprentice Malek . Allowing Meetra to take the Fall for his Plan taht killed Billions was pretty evil thing to do to your Loyal Friend as well .

You make a good point, but I feel there is a bit of speculation here.

Aurbere made the good point that the Jedi could have entered the war as advisors. I feel like this would have worked very nicely. There's just no reason that the Jedi had to abstain 100%. You see what I'm saying? I'm not saying that the Jedi should have entered the war as Revan did, but they could have helped a little bit.

And you argue that Revan wouldn't have fallen if he stayed with the council's wishes. But what if the council HAD aided the Republic, then there's not a chance that Revan would have fallen. This holds true even if the Jedi were only helping as advisors. The Jedi made joining the war outside of their law, and this made Revan more willing to break other laws. Put yourself in his shoes. If you've already broken one rule, then aren't you WAY more likely to break a few more?

I feel that the Jedi Council was PARTIALLY correct to abstain, because they felt the Sith Empire looming in the distance.

But what would have happened if the Jedi had entered the war? And I'm talking about even the Jedi Masters themselves. If they'd been on the frontlines then they could have aided men like Revan, who were making bad choices. The Sith Empire was not an immediate threat, although the Jedi felt that they were, and they abstained for that reason. In truth, the Jedi/Republic were in no current danger of the Empire. Accordingly, the Jedi should have entered the war (or perhaps just provide light support and advisory as Aurbere said).

We obviously have loyal supporters of their respective views, and I don't think this is going anywhere anytime soon. I call this one a draw between whether or not the council was wrong or right

Correct. Like I said, everyone has their own opinions as to what should have been done and are unlikely to change their views. This is a very controversial topic and I wanted to put the reasons behind the Jedi Order's decisions in the spotlight.

You make a good point, but I feel there is a bit of speculation here.

But what would have happened if the Jedi had entered the war? And I'm talking about even the Jedi Masters themselves. If they'd been on the frontlines then they could have aided men like Revan, who were making bad choices. The Sith Empire was not an immediate threat, although the Jedi felt that they were, and they abstained for that reason. In truth, the Jedi/Republic were in no current danger of the Empire. Accordingly, the Jedi should have entered the war (or perhaps just provide light support and advisory as Aurbere said).

Jedi Masters use to leave a Jedi follow his own path. As for Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun (how easy they could be stopped in the beginning, when they showed a strange "passion" for the Sith?), so happened later, with Revan, Malak, Anakin and others. This is a very libertarian behaviour, and I can admire it in a Jedi Master, that feels something is burning in his dear and adored padawan, sees him do the wrong choices, and in spite of this, he leaves him free to make mistakes, to choice his path. For me It's libertarian, but now so wise...

If Jedi Masters led Mandalorian wars, with their wisdom and prudence, problably many atrocities never could not happen. Problably.

But Jedi Masters choose to wait and examine what happened because they felt a hidden danger, The Sith Empire, and were scared by the risk that some Jedi could fall with the war. A self-fulfilling prophecy?

I believe that if the Jedi Order had allowed the Jedi to join the Mandalorian Wars, that the Jedi Civil War never would have happened.

The Mandalorian Wars would have ended quicker and Revan and Malak would never have needed to resort to the extreme measures they took as a result of a lack of Jedi forces.

Edited by seekerofpower

We obviously have loyal supporters of their respective views, and I don't think this is going anywhere anytime soon. I call this one a draw between whether or not the council was wrong or right

NO!! WE MUST KEEP DEBATING!!

lol Just kidding.

Seriously though, I don't think there's any harm in a continued debate. It's not like we're getting pissed or anything (at least I'm not).

NO!! WE MUST KEEP DEBATING!!

lol Just kidding.

Seriously though, I don't think there's any harm in a continued debate. It's not like we're getting pissed or anything (at least I'm not).

True lol. I love a good debate, but I hate when things get really heated. That's one of the things I was afraid of when I made this thread. This particular topic is almost as heated as Revan so I was concerned over potentially heated arguments.

Fortunately, we haven't had such misfortune yet.

True lol. I love a good debate, but I hate when things get really heated. That's one of the things I was afraid of when I made this thread. This particular topic is almost as heated as Revan so I was concerned over potentially heated arguments.

Fortunately, we haven't had such misfortune yet.

Yeah, I doubt it is as heated as Revan. That's about as controversial as it gets.

But I feel that this particular topic is a very interesting one because it (unlike other topics) isn't dictated by canon. We don't know for SURE what would have happened if the Jedi had entered the war, and this means that there is room for opinions. There is no absolute right or absolute wrong, and that makes this topic interesting.

The Emperor's plan would've worked regardless, that's all that really mattered.

Has it worked? He hasn't conquered the galaxy yet.

But I definately feel that it mattered.

Just imagine if the Mandos had won their war

or if Darth Revan had won the Jedi Civil War

Wouldn't that change a lot?

Yeah, I doubt it is as heated as Revan. That's about as controversial as it gets.

But I feel that this particular topic is a very interesting one because it (unlike other topics) isn't dictated by canon. We don't know for SURE what would have happened if the Jedi had entered the war, and this means that there is room for opinions. There is no absolute right or absolute wrong, and that makes this topic interesting.

That's true. We don't know what would have happened. But like Rayla said, the Emperor would have come in eventually.

The way I see it, there are many different ways the war could have gone down.

1. What did happen

2. The Jedi don't join the war at all

3. The Jedi join the war when things get really bad

4. The Jedi join the war right away

Option 1 led to the Jedi Civil War. Option 2 would lead to the Republic being destroyed. Option 3 would lead to the Jedi Civil War and the Republic being destroyed. Option 4 leads to the Jedi Civil War and the Republic being destroyed. But the outcome doesn't matter as the Emperor would have attacked eventually. What matters about these outcomes is who the Emperor would fight.

Option 1 is what we have now in TOR. Option 2 the Emperor takes control from Mandalore, with or without conflict. Option 3 and 4 the Emperor fights the "Sith" and the Star Forge.

EDIT: But these are only a few outcomes and paths that could have been taken.

Edited by Aurbere

Mmmm, very true.

And I agree with you Aurbere, the Council weren't twiddling their thumbs at first. They analysed the threat and realised what Revan did not, that there was a greater power, possibly the Sith, behind it. But they ultimately became apathetic dodo heads (:p) when they chose to do nothing - i think this is the point KOTOR 2 is trying to stress. For instead the war became a bitter irony, for the choice the made led to that which they had tried to prevent. But I concede, full scale war wasn't the answer, and Jedi don't grow on trees, taking an advisory role (perhaps putting a few Jedi on the ground) was an answer. However, I don't think Revan would have fell anyway like many people here seem to believe. Revan was a Jedi, not a Sith at heart. (the fact that after suffering amnesia he became a Jedi is evidence of this). He only became Sith because outside sources corrupted him, not himself e.g. the Emperor, Malachor V (held Sith teachings), the Mandalorian Wars and the Star Forge. And he waged war against the Republic partly because he had been brainwashed by the Emperor and partly because he felt the Republic needed to be reformed, become stronger to face the True Sith. So his fall could have been prevented. In a way he was a bit like Anakin, but remember in the end Anakin turned back to the light, and really was inherently a Jedi (as a Sith he was broken etc). So in a nutshell the Jedi Civil War could easily have been prevented, (very easily, just prevent him finding Malachor and meeting the Emperor), after all, he loved the Republic, didn't he?

But enough arguing, I think we can all agree that the Jedi Council were partly wrong, and I different course of action should have been taken.

But before I end this, I must address a personal affront to my favourite Star Wars character. (yes you, OldVengeance, how dare you call her prophecies nonsense :D)

Kreia's theory about Revan never falling and taking on the Mantle of the Dark Lord as a sacrifice is nonsense. The Jedi Order didn't need to to turn to the darkside to defeat the Sith Emperor or the Mandalorians.

Firstly, this wasn't Kreia's point. Her point was that Revan turned to the dark side and waged war against the Republic to make them strong enough to face the Sith. Not that the Council should turn to the dark side in order to defeat the Emperor and the Mandalorians. Basically she realised Revan saw the Republic as weak, not because their were Jedi, but because they were apathetic and overcautious, the True Sith would have made short work of them. She is not advocating Revan's actions. She is merely stating that his reasons for attacking the Republic were not for personal conquest and power, but to defend the galaxy against a greater threat that the current Republic could not hope to defeat. Hence he made a sacrifice, he sacrificed his loyalty to the Republic (remember Revan was fanatically loyal to the Republic).

However Kreia is partly wrong, but only because she did not know the full story, she did not know that the Emperor turned him to the dark side and sent him to fight the Republic, and that then he broke free of his control and continued his campaign. But that doesn't matter, the principle of her statement remains true. Because Revan remained 'Sith', he didn't stick to them because he had become hungry for power, but because he wanted to destroy the True Sith. He held on to the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith because only through command of the Sith forces he had accumulated could he reforge the Republic and fight the True Sith, so he did make a sacrifice. He fell when he faced the Emperor, but he was 'redeemed' when he broke free of his control. After that he didn't 'fall', he stopped being Sith and instead became something else, an emotionless weapon needed to reforge the Republic.

Perhaps I'm making assumptions, perhaps this isn't the truth. But Kreia's opinion can make perfect sense and their is a lot of evidence for it. Its as just as plausible as what you believe.

/end rant

Mmmm, very true.

And I agree with you Aurbere, the Council weren't twiddling their thumbs at first. They analysed the threat and realised what Revan did not, that there was a greater power, possibly the Sith, behind it. But they ultimately became apathetic dodo heads (:p) when they chose to do nothing - i think this is the point KOTOR 2 is trying to stress. For instead the war became a bitter irony, for the choice the made led to that which they had tried to prevent. But I concede, full scale war wasn't the answer, and Jedi don't grow on trees, taking an advisory role (perhaps putting a few Jedi on the ground) was an answer. However, I don't think Revan would have fell anyway like many people here seem to believe. Revan was a Jedi, not a Sith at heart. (the fact that after suffering amnesia he became a Jedi is evidence of this). He only became Sith because outside sources corrupted him, not himself e.g. the Emperor, Malachor V (held Sith teachings), the Mandalorian Wars and the Star Forge. And he waged war against the Republic partly because he had been brainwashed by the Emperor and partly because he felt the Republic needed to be reformed, become stronger to face the True Sith. So his fall could have been prevented. In a way he was a bit like Anakin, but remember in the end Anakin turned back to the light, and really was inherently a Jedi (as a Sith he was broken etc). So in a nutshell the Jedi Civil War could easily have been prevented, (very easily, just prevent him finding Malachor and meeting the Emperor), after all, he loved the Republic, didn't he?

But enough arguing, I think we can all agree that the Jedi Council were partly wrong, and I different course of action should have been taken.

Revan's actions during the war led to his fall to the Dark Side.

Now as to what I would do in this situation if I were the Jedi Grand Master.

I would work in conjunction with Republic heads of the military to analyze the attack plan of the Mandalorian. Using the information that we gathered through meditation and the attack plan of the Mandalorians, I would create a blockade to protect the systems that the Mandalorians are attacking most ferociously. I would then put small groups of Jedi on these planets and two Jedi per military fleet, but only as advisors and fleet commanders. They would also command the ground forces from the safety of the fleet*.

Once the blockade is set, I would then move the Republic fleets to systematically take system after system, slowly but carefully. Eventually, the Mandalorians would be routed and defeated.

This approach would allow the Jedi to fulfill their role as peace-keepers, while protecting their numbers from death and the Dark Side. For the war with the Sith Empire would be won in the Force, not with weapons and starships.

But we do agree that the Jedi could have acted differently.

* Safety as in safety from the Dark Side and the trappings of war

Edited by Aurbere

I think you are part Correct ,

*If Revan didn't go to aid the Republic more than likely someone who followed him would have anyways

*Maybe because Revan never went to War neither would have Meetra who was talked into it by Malek and Revan

*If these event never happened the The Jedi Meetra helped Rebuilt might have no been as Wise and ready for the Emperor !

Heres the What ifs

* Likely the Jedi would have no choice but to get involved later in the War which would have lead to more Jedi turned DarkJedi

* Maybe even a Republic distaste for the Jedi for letting them lose so much

* A weaker Republic because if Revan , Malek , Meetra and the others that followed them did not get involved , they would not have been stronger .

* likely the Emperor would have increased further on their weakness and the Republic would eventually became the Empire .

I know I am missing a few What IFs and Maybes

But we can all say in the end Meetra helped make the Jedi Stronger after the events of KotoRII , and if she would have never followed Revan , she might have not been so skilled and wise in the end after learning from War .

She being the only one out of the Many Jedi to follow Revan that never turned DarkJedi or so I can think of.

This is what makes Meetra's character so important and intresting , she remained a loyal friend with a man that turned on what they believed . I still think maybe there was some feelings involved but that is JUST MY OPINION !

I would work in conjunction with Republic heads of the military to analyze the attack plan of the Mandalorian. Using the information that we gathered through meditation and the attack plan of the Mandalorians, I would create a blockade to protect the systems that the Mandalorians are attacking most ferociously. I would then put small groups of Jedi on these planets and two Jedi per military fleet, but only as advisors and fleet commanders. They would also command the ground forces from the safety of the fleet*.

Once the blockade is set, I would then move the Republic fleets to systematically take system after system, slowly but carefully. Eventually, the Mandalorians would be routed and defeated.

This approach would allow the Jedi to fulfill their role as peace-keepers, while protecting their numbers from death and the Dark Side. For the war with the Sith Empire would be won in the Force, not with weapons and starships.

Agreed

War changes people , Jedi themselves are open to their own opinions at times and intrest . More often do Jedi change to Darkjedi through out Lore then talked about . Exar Kun , Revan , Malek , Dooku , and Anakin are not the only ones to go from Jedi to Sith or DarkJedi's . War changed Jacen as well , it takes a Toll on you when you see the defenseless die hopelessly and without mercy .

(I know War did not change Exar Kun or Dooku , they were on the Path no matter what was going on at their time and neither fell in a War but both were Key members of their own Wars)

Even if the Jedi Council would have got involved from the getgo , it would probably quickened Revan's fall to the darkside and he would still have likely taken those who followed him when the Council did not get involved , it is highly likely he would have gotten more Jedi to follow him down his path if the Council did get involved .

Its MY OPINION if the Coucil got involved , it would be likely Meetra would have fallen and followed Malek and Revan to the Darkside as she wouldn't have a Council to judge her on her actions !

So in the long run if you look at it as if it was fate , than these events that did happen all have a purpose for the greater of the timeline .

Meetra who is oddly not talked about in this Debat had to go her path in order to help teh Jedi order become more wiser to the cautions of what might come and she did !

Edited by mefit

This sound likes a sound course of action, why weren't you on the Jedi Council! What would you say to Jedi strike teams (similar to SWTOR) striking out at key Mandalorian targets so a Republic victory could progress more smoothly? I feel that in such a format, and detached from the frenzy of full scale war (as well as not being in a position of command, they would simply have objectives to complete) and would prevent fall to the dark side. And didn't they do this in the Clone Wars? How many episodes are about Jedi teams taking out targets, performing rescue missions etc. rather than full scale war?

As for your first statement however, partly true. Revan's actions did lead him close to the darkside. But it was Malachor and meeting the Emperor that gave the final push. If these events were prevented, his fall would never have happened. In fact I think the main reason for his fall was the True Sith threat, like Kreia said he never 'fell', but felt it was necessary to become a Dark Lord to reforge the Republic (and he was brainwashed by the Emperor - people seem to forget this). If he had never discovered the True Sith, he would have no reason to fall to the dark side, because that would mean turning against the Republic, and Revan would not do that without good reason.

Edited by Beniboybling

Problem with the Revan Debat is there are two sides of it that will never agree and there is a middle trapped because of their like or don't care about the whole Revan bit .

Revan was not all powerful , he was a key Character defined by his roll in a War that made him stand out . If not for that War we will never know because then it becomes a What If that will likely never happen other than fanbase imaginations .

Personally I been playing Kotor I and II recently and it did make my want to like Revan and Meetra more .

Revan is not a George Lucas character so there for hes trapped by Rules that were set in stone , but those same rules say the All Powerful GrandMaster Luke never happens , nor does it say he ever married or taht Mara Jade ever lived .

Now that Lucas is gone , so is Plot Armor and those Rules .

I like my characters with faults , able to die, and not all powerful .

Last year I was a Big Revan Fanboy but between the disappointment of the Revan Novel and Foundrey and the Revan Fandoys it kinda hurt him to me .

We are all welcomed to like who we want but since this game "TOR" was made , the majority of debats have been created by those who hate/really dislike his fanbase or character. The Counter reply by his fanbase has been as bad as the attacks .

I like Luke Skywalker ,Ep4-6 . I really dislike EU Grandmaster , wipe the floor , pwn everything Luke Skywalker .

But I like EU Luke married to Mara Jade , after all Luke is not beyond Romance and is not Jesus for Petter sakes.

So in the end the KotoR lore always gets the most opinionated and most full out fight Debats in the whole StarWars Series .

Problem with the Revan Debat is there are two sides of it that will never agree and there is a middle trapped because of their like or don't care about the whole Revan bit .

Revan was not all powerful , he was a key Character defined by his roll in a War that made him stand out . If not for that War we will never know because then it becomes a What If that will likely never happen other than fanbase imaginations .

Personally I been playing Kotor I and II recently and it did make my want to like Revan and Meetra more .

Revan is not a George Lucas character so there for hes trapped by Rules that were set in stone , but those same rules say the All Powerful GrandMaster Luke never happens , nor does it say he ever married or taht Mara Jade ever lived .

Now that Lucas is gone , so is Plot Armor and those Rules .

I like my characters with faults , able to die, and not all powerful .

Last year I was a Big Revan Fanboy but between the disappointment of the Revan Novel and Foundrey and the Revan Fandoys it kinda hurt him to me .

We are all welcomed to like who we want but since this game "TOR" was made , the majority of debats have been created by those who hate/really dislike his fanbase or character. The Counter reply by his fanbase has been as bad as the attacks .

I like Luke Skywalker ,Ep4-6 . I really dislike EU Grandmaster , wipe the floor , pwn everything Luke Skywalker .

But I like EU Luke married to Mara Jade , after all Luke is not beyond Romance and is not Jesus for Petter sakes.

So in the end the KotoR lore always gets the most opinionated and most full out fight Debats in the whole StarWars Series .

lol, DON'T BRING IT UP!! You'll wake the Revanites! :D

That's true. We don't know what would have happened. But like Rayla said, the Emperor would have come in eventually.

The way I see it, there are many different ways the war could have gone down.

1. What did happen

2. The Jedi don't join the war at all

3. The Jedi join the war when things get really bad

4. The Jedi join the war right away

Option 1 led to the Jedi Civil War. Option 2 would lead to the Republic being destroyed. Option 3 would lead to the Jedi Civil War and the Republic being destroyed. Option 4 leads to the Jedi Civil War and the Republic being destroyed. But the outcome doesn't matter as the Emperor would have attacked eventually. What matters about these outcomes is who the Emperor would fight.

Option 1 is what we have now in TOR. Option 2 the Emperor takes control from Mandalore, with or without conflict. Option 3 and 4 the Emperor fights the "Sith" and the Star Forge.

EDIT: But these are only a few outcomes and paths that could have been taken.

That's very interesting.

However Option 3 (I think) would have gone better then you say. If the Jedi had joined the war (I mean join mostly as generals) then everything would've been fine. There wouldn't have been an opportunity for people (like Revan) to fall to the darkside. because the moment Revan did something remotely bad, then the Council would have been on top of him and would have prevented any fall.