Is Mercenary Overrolled?

Frostbird

Its the damn 1 blaster thing I think, the npcs basically laugh in your face if you roll PT. They should get a blaster rifle, shotgun, something. To be some hulking armored tank with 1 tiny blaster just puts people off. Which is a damn shame because PT has all the other BH goodies people want, grappling cable, jet charge, freezing people in carbonite, etc.

In fact, I love to run with that single blaster. Lack of weaponry? Come on, my entire armor is weaponized. If any NPC wants to complain on my 'light' weaponry, I'll gladly punch him through the nearest wall.

Aaaaanyway, on my server, Mercs largely outnumber PT's, although I somehow tend to run into other PTs while doing group quests. And yes, the server is crawling with sorcerers.

OP,

Yes, absolutely. Currently Mercs are as overplayed as Sorcerers were at launch. My guess is, everyone who made a Sorc also made a Merc alt.

Also many people expect a nerf to Arsenal's damage. Currently it's far too much. I doubt there's a class out there that can out-DPS a Merc at level 20.

OP,

Yes, absolutely. Currently Mercs are as overplayed as Sorcerers were at launch. My guess is, everyone who made a Sorc also made a Merc alt.

Also many people expect a nerf to Arsenal's damage. Currently it's far too much. I doubt there's a class out there that can out-DPS a Merc at level 20.

Level 20 matters?

But yeah, all I see while leveling is Mercs and Sorcs, with the occasional Operative.