Free Migration from Tomb of Freedon Nadd

rushx

It's been 3 days! Roll a new toon elsewhere than demand character transfer.

you made a bad pick for servers. Deal with it or re-roll you haven't invested years or even months on this character. Come on.

People love to complain about something don't they.

I DIDNT PICK IT IT WAS PRE CHOSEN

god and even if i wasdnt i still wouldnt re-roll i aint leveling again , you might not have a job or play games 12-18 hours a day but i can only play 1-2 hours a day and i had 1 day off work and got my my curent lvl , i will not being having any more days of just to play this stupid game

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well my guild has re-rolled, i however have cancel my dde

not because game is crap

i probs only play a few months before i get bored unless free transfer comes available therefor ill buy the standard that way i wont lose too much money on nothing

Facts:

-My guild was placed on Tomb of Freedon Nadd by BioWare

-The first (and second) day of Early Access there were no or minimal queues to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

-First day of the Early Access my latency was 40-50ms yesterday it was in the 130-180ms range

-We were not aware that the Spanish & Italian communities choose this as their 'official' server

-1h 30m queues at 3pm are ridiculous

-I was in the queue for more than 2h 30m yesterday evening

-BioWare can't expect us to wait such times (especially considering a lot of us have real lives)

Possible solutions:

-Abandoning the server and rolling on a new one. This would be most likely the easiest solution and the one BioWare would prefer. (Their only official communication regarding the issue suggested this) On the other hand a lot of players are going to be pretty upset if this is the only solution because we don't wanna loose all of the progres we made so far.

-Free character transfer for everyone on the server. It would help for sure for Tomb of Freedon Nadd but it could also cause population and queue issues on other realms.

-Selected guild transfer by BioWare. In my opinion BioWare should consider this option and move selected guilds to newly opened servers.

BioWare knows the accurate population numbers so they could lower it to a level where queues would be bearable. (up to 30m queue in my opinion is fine)

-Bioware could also lock the character creation on the server for a while. Because tons of new characters are being created even with the queues. (Imperial Fleet was full of new lvl10s yesterday evening) But this would also cause upset in the community because a lot of guild are still waiting for their members.

Edited by qKaC

god and even if i wasdnt i still wouldnt re-roll i aint leveling again , you might not have a job or play games 12-18 hours a day but i can only play 1-2 hours a day and i had 1 day off work and got my my curent lvl , i will not being having any more days of just to play this stupid game

You were still not forced, it's just a flag. Again, a "top guild" would easily relax, coordinate and choose a different server. If you lose members because of that you are not the type of guild you think you are. A real guild consists of friends who choose that friendship over 5 clicks of the mouse and a few more hours to play.

Secondly, there's no rush. You aren't getting a free transfer either and you know it so you are just venting which leads to nothing but making yourself look whiny on forums.

OP, chill out.

I understand your pain. Almost every MMO starts like this. Overpopulated servers, long queue times, etc.

Everyone is playing every free minute they have, so the servers are constantly full.

After a week or so things will calm down. You may still be on a high population server, but the queues will go away.

It sucks now, but it will get better.

Transferring characters may not be a smooth issue if they didn't plan ahead and create a way to do this. Stopping others from making characters on the server isn't really an option either as people may be assigned to guilds there, or may have friends playing there. The options right now are chill out and wait for queues to reduce, or just start over somewhere else.

Please can there be free Migration from Tomb Of Freedon Nadd the queues are ridiculous.

Too many people keep coming to this server because of stupid posts made in the forums.

im lvl 25 so i cant be bothered to start over again .

If you cant allow free migration at-least stop people making any more chars on this server

My gaming community is half on this server and half on another because of the queue on TOFN...everything getting screwed. If they decide to just re-roll a new server without migrating chars i think many of us will just not bother with the game tbh.

"not bother with the game"

It's not even out yet. You've probably sunk a minimal amount of hours into the game (25 is easy peazy).

Seriously, just relax. Bioware/EA will fix it come launch. Or, if you feel the need to act naively, go ahead and don't play the game over something so trivial.

You were still not forced, it's just a flag. Again, a "top guild" would easily relax, coordinate and choose a different server. If you lose members because of that you are not the type of guild you think you are. A real guild consists of friends who choose that friendship over 5 clicks of the mouse and a few more hours to play.

Secondly, there's no rush. You aren't getting a free transfer either and you know it so you are just venting which leads to nothing but making yourself look whiny on forums.

l2read my guild did re-roll i hpwever am not

i removed my money from the bank so bioware cant charge me for the DDE since they have made it impossible to cancel the pre-order by disabling the live chat feature on origin.

phone support is a joke and you cant even get through to them.

i actually like this game but i can see my self quitting for the first time just because of EA

A top guild would coordinate and manually roll on a server that would fit their needs. Seems like one piece of the puzzle is missing for you.

We did we moved off chun because of the whole RU thing then 2 days after acccess started and a bunch of us are 20 plus the spanish decide that tomb is the unofficial server for them italians as well

l2read my guild did re-roll i hpwever am not

i removed my money from the bank so bioware cant charge me for the DDE since they have made it impossible to cancel the pre-order by disabling the live chat feature on origin.

phone support is a joke and you cant even get through to them.

i actually like this game but i can see my self quitting for the first time just because of EA

That's honestly sad. You're one of those for guilds unwanted and unloyal members. I'm sure the guild is the same though as they took you in. People like you weaken communities.

Next time when you can't handle reality, just quit and at least leave with your honor intact instead of whine on forums. And you're also slamming EA for BioWare's guild system you CHOSE to accept. Logic.

Yeah there is a rush for top guilds its called server and world firsts

o hi guys! Also coming to this server, guess what, my friends already playing there, not gonna roll somewhere else, sorry tho

bw probably didnt realize that adding more server After the initial launch isnt gonna solve the problem

Dude you'll bust a blood vessel in your brain if you don't chillax. I don't work... I slave. Yes SLAVE. I'm helping my parents build a house and spend my days doing physical labor and my nights studying cause I go to school part time. I probably have less time to play than you but you know what? I'd spend my time lvling on a new server than wait 2hrs in a queue and shout that I want a free character transfer THREE days into early access.

Someone said it best. What's going to happen when more people joins the game and decides to hop on your server? Ask for another free transfer? You have 2 choices. Stick it out or move to another server because ABSOLUTELY NO COMPANY that runs an MMO is going to give you a free character transfer this soon.

Level 25 in 2 days. Why can't you be bothered with starting over... it only took 2 days?

You want someone who has played solidly for 2 days to repeat the process? Bear in mind that many guilds have recruited specifically for certain classes so what you are asking is for a complete carbon- copy of the last 48 hours simply because Bioware slightly messed up it's server deployment by not releasing the list early enough for the "unofficial" crap to wash over.

I'm not on Tomb but on Legions of Lettow which is also massively overpopulated - half of the guild is on and levelling fine, having taken time off work to ensure they get gametime, the others are frustrated and wondering if it's worth the trouble.

I'm not sure that there is an easy fix for this but I do hope that the "reroll or just play at a strange time" response that we've had so far isn't all we get.

/Back to queueing

I'm not sure that there is an easy fix for this but I do hope that the "reroll or just play at a strange time" response that we've had so far isn't all we get.

/Back to queueing

SR on twitter, today: "We're aware, and we have plans."

My guild is on this server and I lvled up to 17, also spent long time on crew skills. Now, there's more than 2000 ppl in the queue and estimated time to wait is 2h 20 min. This is unacceptable.

Me and my guildies are seriously thinking of moving to another server. Shame on you bioware for this ridicilous server placement.

If BW has problems with free character migrations (from, let's say, lvl 20+), than there is a bigger issue than just long login ques. People coming from large MMOs are used to excellent customer service/support and will use it as a basis for comparison.

But to be really fair, I don't think any of the people playing now have really right to complain, as we are not paying for early access time. However, if such troubles (as we experience on ToFN) persist once we actually "pay" for our play time, I bet BW will lose lots of people. I would really hate that happen as I would love to see SWTOR succeed agains WoW.

we shall see

Keep in mind that they're still balancing things out. Part of that is keeping population caps artificially low in order to encourage people to pick newer, less populated servers. as things slow down and even out, server caps will go up. This is the best way to do it. Be a little patient, allow things to settle down, and you'll soon find that everything's all right. Try to look beyond your personal inconvenience for just a moment and try to see the big picture.

Server and World firsts on a PvP server? Are you mad?

Uh no not at all most world firsts are on pvp servers see wow a lot of raiders are massive pvpers also yeah there will have to be server firsts on pvp servers as you know they are kinda restricted to the server they are on /facepalm

I was reading through this and wondered to myself, why not just choose a new server and have all your guildies go to the new server. Leave a message for everyone else the name of the new server. **shrugs**

Because most of us are 25 plus and have been spending long hours nuking levels

Because most of us are 25 plus and have been spending long hours nuking levels

It's not Biowares problem that you CHOSE to level before all your guildies got in game. That you CHOSE to play on that server (because you could have played on any server and reformed the guild.) That you CHOSE to continue leveling when the server was filling up days ago. Or, that you CHOSE not to reroll on a different server.

Bioware didn't force any of you to do anything. You put yourself in your situation, and you expect them to change the foundation of their game to dig you out of it.