Scheduled Maintenance: July 23rd, 2013

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

On July 23rd, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.2.3 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday July 23rd, 2013

Duration: 4 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) to 7AM PDT (2PM UTC)

Patch Notes

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by AmberGreen
Added Patch Notes

On July 23rd, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.2.3 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday July 23rd, 2013

Duration: 4 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) to 7AM PDT (2PM UTC)

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account. Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Why can't you use the SWTOR site to update people about SWTOR? Why does everyone try to force me to use Twitter? You shouldn't be exclusively using a third party site for stuff like this. It would take 5 seconds to copy/paste to your own forum.

Why can't you use the SWTOR site to update people about SWTOR? Why does everyone try to force me to use Twitter? You shouldn't be exclusively using a third party site for stuff like this. It would take 5 seconds to copy/paste to your own forum.

They do, but the also use social media which thousands if not millions use these days to update those who don't get the notice from the site because shocker not everyone visits this site for information, it's actually a small portion who do. Having it multiple places makes it so that the word gets out, I for one have them followed on twitter for this exact reason. Their site may go down and have to do emergency maintenance, I can then go to twitter and see they are doing it.

Options are good.

Don't they take the forums down during maintenance?

People really do complain about anything nowadays eh.

As stated in the post, SWTOR.COM is always down during maintenance. Any time there's a delay in the maintenance, it's nice for them to be able to convey why there is one. Not that that keeps people from complaining about the delay anyway. :rolleyes:

Any chance we can get a look at those patch notes before you start the maintenance?

Give it time they should be up once you see the Patch Down Time in the launcher , the Patch notes should be just below .

Way before the Server shuts down . :) .

They are really good about that.

Yes, because people have this thing called opinions. That's how the world works. Grow up just a little dude.

Agree, some things are not all ways complaints ,, and I'm glad we have Opinions ..

I Need to Shut up now ,, :).

People really do complain about anything nowadays eh.

Maybe some genius could publish a list of acceptable complaints instead of just looking for complaints to complain about or make fun of.

Edited by TakexeNex

• Dev Post
During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account.

We added this line to help folks know where to get their info when we post the maintenance messaging that the game servers, web, and launcher will be unavailable. During those more extensive maintenance periods, players aren't able to come to the forums or even log into the launcher to read messaging, and that's the only time we exclusively use Twitter to provide updates.

However, the line has been removed for tomorrow's maintenance because we have updated the messaging and will not need to take down the web and launcher. When those methods of communication are available, we'll keep all of them updated as needed.

:ph_cheers:

We added this line to help folks know where to get their info when we post the maintenance messaging that the game servers, web, and launcher will be unavailable. During those more extensive maintenance periods, players aren't able to come to the forums or even log into the launcher to read messaging, and that's the only time we exclusively use Twitter to provide updates.

However, the line has been removed for tomorrow's maintenance because we have updated the messaging and will not need to take down the web and launcher. When those methods of communication are available, we'll keep all of them updated as needed.

It makes no sense to me that the forum would need to be down for 4 hours along with the game. Are you hosting it on the same server as the game? I have plenty of experience with coding and running websites and that's the only explanation I can think of that makes any sense. The only time one of my sites was ever down for 4 hours was during a DDOS attack or when switching hosts.

in the case that the website does need to go down, has the web team thought about putting a twitter widget on the maintenance page?

Even just one of the ones that is copy and paste and just has the normal twitter colors.

One can be created here https://twitter.com/settings/widgets

Wise words!