[Suggestion] Merc quality of life changes

Ryannnnnnn

I know that a lot has already been done for mercs in 2.0, but I was just trying to think of some ideas that would improve the class for pvp without affecting pve (biggest class balance challenge). As most people who have played merc as their main since launch know, mercs aren't and even with the 2.0 pts changes, won't be viable for rateds. Here's just a few suggestions that would improve mercs situation without going overboard. Please feel free to add or comment. I'll try to keep it short, also, bear in mind, I'm not advocating for all these changes together, any one of these would help the class.

1. Instant cast concussion missile - would be nice to make this a baseline ability for the class.

2. Power Shield first tier in bodyguard - this would enable all specs to have interrupt immunity.

This is actually my biggest suggestion for mercs. Of the 3 range classes, only mercs don't get some sort of

interrupt immunity. Is there a reason for this?

3. Unload uninterpretable - in lieu of power shield, making unload uninterpretable, like ravage, would improve both

dps specs since unload procs are a staple of dps mercs rotation.

4. pve set bonus (15% crit for tracer/ps) set bonus availability for pvp - for those that choose to play arsenal

in pvp. With the crit changes in 2.0, tracer will rarely crit without this set bonus.

5. Bodyguard kolto shell deployable on multiple targets - this one might unbalance pve healing but I'll throw it

out there anyway. After competitive rated teams stopped taking merc healers, I rolled an op healer. Now and

then I'll go back to my merc healer and when i'm focused by any single competent dps, getting off a single heal

can be an uphill battle. It literally only takes one good dps to shut down a merc healer. Making this deployable

on say, 3 targets would at least enable merc healers to get some heals out there while being focused.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Just a few changes that if implemented individually could improve the class without making it op.

Better yet, Give us a move that has our jetpack make us fly back 15-25 feet that shares a cooldown with an ability that does the same thing, but launches us forward. Both are off the GCD, but share the same cooldown.

then make unload and power shot channeled/cast while moving, and return missle salvo to it's original "3 missles for one heat cost" ability. This would instantly solve the lack of mobility mercs SHOULD NOT HAVE, I remind you ,we are the only class with a jetpack, and are HUNTERS. We should be the most mobile class in the game.

Snipers stand still and burst you down, Operatives stealth and kill you as fast as they can in a short amount of time, a marauder refuses to get off you, a sorcerer has speed, stuns, bubble shields and heals, A assassin is just too versatile, and somehow, the bounty hunter, the class BASED ON A GUY WHO HAD MCGYVER'S LOCKER IN HIS ARMOR, is the one with the least escape tools? WHAT?!

I think trying to make a channel or cast usable while moving - without making it an instant like Immortal Jug's Force Choke - could cause serious problems, particularly if you're talking about making it baseline instead of something you spec into.

Right now, moving is pretty much the only way to cancel a channel or cast you're in the middle of, and even aside from saving heat by canceling a cast that you realize will be useless, sometimes you *need* to stop a cast in reaction to something happening - like the Nightmare Pilgrim's shield going up.

We need work, but I don't think that's the way to fix it.

Hey folks,

I've played my arsenal merc since early access. We don't really have to many problems when it comes to dps. Our biggest problem is our ability to escape. Since launch there has been one ability suggestion constantly made for Merc bounty hunter's. That suggested ability is a leap back aka "A Warcraft hunter's disengage". For whatever reasons the Devs have not graced us with a ability like this yet. We are getting some great tools in 2.0 though.

Electro Net in its last known state prevents the ensnared target from moving, All bounty hunters will have hydraulic overrides which makes us immune to all movement impairing effects for 1 sec and grants a 30% bonus to our movement speed. Combine those together and you can put quite the distance between yourself and that melee opponent. As far as dealing some dmg on the go, I believe they made some adjustments to Power Surge, when spec'd properly you can get 2 instant casts from it; which means 1 fusion missile/1 tracer or 2x tracers. Also in case you guys missed this developer post.

"No, it doesn't work like that. Prior to 2.0, you need 5 stacks of Heat Signature in order for your HSM to deal +25% damage. After 2.0, you will need only 1 Heat Signature to achieve the same +25% effect. Also, Tracer Missile only ever applies the 1 Heat Signature. Heat Signature no longer stacks, it reduces armor by 20% all at once, and it lasts 45 seconds.

What this change does is remove the "build up" at the start of a new fight. There are still "build up" mechanics in the Arsenal tree, but none that affects the TM and HSM relationship. The effect is marginalized by longer fights, but it should be noticeably more awesome in short fights (soloing, non-boss fights, and PVPing).

Also, I triple checked this, but HSM does about 16% more damage in 2.0 than it did prior to 2.0 (from a coefficient of 2.39 to a coefficient of 2.77). I believe this change went undocumented. In any case, HSM won't be getting any stronger than it already is, which is very, very strong by the way."-----APeckenpaugh.

I hope this was informing to you all.

I think trying to make a channel or cast usable while moving - without making it an instant like Immortal Jug's Force Choke - could cause serious problems, particularly if you're talking about making it baseline instead of something you spec into.

Right now, moving is pretty much the only way to cancel a channel or cast you're in the middle of, and even aside from saving heat by canceling a cast that you realize will be useless, sometimes you *need* to stop a cast in reaction to something happening - like the Nightmare Pilgrim's shield going up.

We need work, but I don't think that's the way to fix it.

Well, using another ability would cancel it, like rapid shots, otherwise you could just turn around for a second.

Well, using another ability would cancel it, like rapid shots, otherwise you could just turn around for a second.

Turning around while in a cast or channel won't cancel it, and using another attack to cancel it - even rapid shots - can hurt you severely on Nightmare Pilgrim, if not kill you.