Favorite planet storyline?

Lavariusstar

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voss and Imp. Taris are definitely good, as well as Corellia. Worst two for me were Republic Balmorra (the ending is dumb) and Hoth on either side, because the story is lame and copied to both sides. Everywhere you go, they're getting overrun by the opposite faction. Republic is probably worse since you know the imperials are basically laughing at them the whole time, while Republic is convinced they're going to win the war on Hoth. No, sorry, I don't think this superweapon is going to be different from the dozen we've already run into. It's not going to end the war however much you wish it so.

I think now my favorite planet storylines would have to be republic Balmorra and republic Correlia.Doing all these missions to help free and retake those planets made me feel like I was really making a difference.I felt like a real hero of the republic :cool:

About halfway through Republic Belsavis for the first time. I didn't used to like the place, but taking the imperial and republic stories together I'm starting to like it. Among the highlights, an imperial scientist gushing over how great things are going: "Now we can let the galaxy know what kind of experiments the Republic was doing on these prisoners! And we get to keep the test results!" Good job, Republic. Let's keep second- and third-generation inmates who are completely innocent here, and then do drug and medical tests on them and then give them weapons and have them fight each other in war games so you know how to fight the evil Empire. Pro.

my fav

Belsavis-empire

hoth-both

corellia-both

Alderan-both (the shock collor for the empire is a better begining thougth)

Balmorra-both

quesh-both epic

My least fav

Taris-both hate them like to cut them througth ASAP its the planet not the quests TBH

Tatooine- TBH im sick of it its in all of the films and nearly every game i was just like been here done that

Nar shaddar-Could have been a epic planet but its layout is horrid and for rep feels to much like courcant

Gotta say, Belsavis really stands out for me (both sides). Sure, getting around is a pain and the planet area is huge, but the story is really well done, and i love how both sides tie together and flesh out the other side's story.

I also really enjoy Voss...this is another planet that you really need to play both Republic and Empire to get the full story, and i really like that aspect of it.

Finally, the Ilum story leading up to and including the flashpoints is actually really engaging, too.

Rakghoul Garrus (don't these look like Garrus?) says: :rak_03: Play both sides! :rak_03:

• 5 weeks later...
Wow, so many to choose from. Bioware did a good job on all of them, but I have a fondness for ones that make me feel like an elite frontline soldier, lol. So, probably Corellia and Ilum are favorites, Alderaan was interesting too. And the Tatooine questline was interesting, to this day I still think the name of the final Tat mission (at least Republic side) is funny.

If when I was leveling Corellia had more people around it'd be my favorite by far. The final story arc is awesome and should have been made a FP. Fighting three Dark Council members in a row was awesome. I wish it was repeatable. And that mixed in with the JC story was...quite awesome.

Voss and Imp. Taris are definitely good, as well as Corellia. Worst two for me were Republic Balmorra (the ending is dumb) and Hoth on either side, because the story is lame and copied to both sides. Everywhere you go, they're getting overrun by the opposite faction. Republic is probably worse since you know the imperials are basically laughing at them the whole time, while Republic is convinced they're going to win the war on Hoth. No, sorry, I don't think this superweapon is going to be different from the dozen we've already run into. It's not going to end the war however much you wish it so.

Republic Balmorra is really not that bad if you are a Consular since you

Kill Darth Lachriss and liberate the planet

Edited by GrandMasterOteg

Since my first reply to the thread I've finished Imperial Corellia, and man, that was wonderful. I love the Axial Park (?) subzone, with the run-and-gun mission that has you continuously updating in the field as you push Republic forces back. And the ending sequence was just so...Imperial. You could be such a jerk about it, or be a relatively benevolent despot. I love it.

The Inquisitor story line in Voss is awesome so far as well as the planet quest.

"Even I wouldn't make a deal with myself."

Belsavis was meh at the start but really picked up steam and was great that I was able to mouth off to the Dread Masters and resist their influence/fear. Getting their praise for being awesome was pretty sweet too.