Grenades!!

stsao

I'm actually leveling up bioanalysis and scavenging at the same time... was either going to go bio or cyber... if anyone has opinions on which they think would work better for a sentinel do let me know!

Thanks

The grenades are on a 5 min cooldown timer. The knockback grenades are awesome crowd control units, which is the most useful. The difference between the cybertech only epic grenade (Wynz-Tek experimental shockwave device) and the level 20 tradeable V-1 Seismic Grenade is only the damage dealt and reusability.

In my opinion your are best of taking biochem on your main and craft the level 20 grenades on an alt.

You can use Cybertech Grenades about twice per warzone (5 minute CD.)

Or if you go Biochem... You can use a Reusable Adrenal about four times per warzone (3 minute CD.) You can use a Reusable Medpac about 7 times a Warzone (90s CD.) You also will always have the benefit of Stims.

I wonder why most people go Biochem for PVP... Very nicely balanced...

Sadly Biochem is still the dominating crew skill.

Reusable Adrenals

Reusable Medpacs

Resuable Stimpacks

Those really make a difference in a fight, more then Grenades do. Especially since they mess with the resolve bar.

If the grenades didn't share a cooldown (using a medpac doesn't put your adrenal on cooldown) and didn't have such a terribly long cooldown of 5 minutes they would be useful. 2 min cooldown? Sure, but 5 minutes is longer than every defensive CD in the whole game.

Nades are godly if used right.

You can snare packs of imps while running away with the ball in huttball.

You can AoE stun the whole imp respawn in Voidstar so your guy at the door can plant the bomb.

You can AoE dot those imps at the tower you defend just one moment before you die. When you come flying down they still try to cap with the dot ticking.

Nades are great. I get "f##king cheater!" shouts from imps all the time because of the nade cc.

Biochem is better. But nades are still great, very situational but great.

Nades are godly if used right.

You can snare packs of imps while running away with the ball in huttball.

You can AoE stun the whole imp respawn in Voidstar so your guy at the door can plant the bomb.

You can AoE dot those imps at the tower you defend just one moment before you die. When you come flying down they still try to cap with the dot ticking.

Nades are great. I get "f##king cheater!" shouts from imps all the time because of the nade cc.

Biochem is better. But nades are still great, very situational but great.

Yeah, one problem-you can only do all those things once per match and if the guy breaks out, than you cc is wasted. Nades would be great if they had a lower or separate cooldown.

I have a couple that i reuse all the time depending on the warzone.

1. The one that does 2kish damage over 12 sec to up to 6 players. Awesome in voidstar and

civil war defending the nodes.

2. Reduces movement speed by 70% for 8 sec (i believe its 8). Great when the other team has a group moving the ball and your team is out of position.

3. The one that stuns for 4 sec. Again, great in all of them when your trying to cap a node or your getting a surge push and need some time for reinforcements to arrive.

I do think the 5 min shared timer is too much though. If they were on different timers or if the cooldown as 2 or 3 min then it would be alot better. They don't have the same impact on the game that biochem does but they are by no means useless.

I have Cybertch and 3 of the purple reusable grenades thus far for lvl 50.

THey are really useful in PvP, however as useful as the **** you get from Biochem... probably not even close.

They're a trick, a gimick. They have their use (firestorm grenade the door at voidstar when your team is in trouble to avoid a cap, the 70% 8s snare gren is really nice imo) Throwing the Root or Snare gren in a fireput in Huttball jsut as they're trying to score royally screws them up, they never see it coming.

Every day I think about switching to biochem... I'm going to wait to see what the new crafting for cybor gives with the patch, if it's **** I'm switching.

Edited by KruelhandJorb

Every day I think about switching to biochem... I'm going to wait to see what the new crafting for cybor gives with the patch, if it's **** I'm switching.

I feel the exact same way.

At the moment, after valor rank 60 you don't need commendations, so you can make up for not having Biochem medpacks/adrenals by using the WZ variant, you can afford about 10 per WZ.

The WZ medpac does have a 3 min CD though, which sucks.

But in the next patch you need all your commendations to convert into BM tokens, so bio chem becomes even better, until you are full BM anyway.

There are some very unclear tooltips around Grenades and their effects. Some read : "stuns enemies briefly", "knocked down", "Stronger targets recover faster" with no real specific number on how long a target is affected.

Although the 5 minutes CD is a real lackluster, the range of the grenade is horrible. You target an area like you pass the hut ball, but it only has alike a 10-15 range. Compare that to the IA's grenade attack that hits at 30 m range with a 6 sec CD.

And a shallow cosmetic rant:

The animations on the knockdown grenades specifically (the ones I used 99% of the time) create a huge crater on a mud area. Even though you target a metal or grid like area (like the ledges in the Pit[hutball WZ]). And if the animation hits an edge or stairway, the animation has no bottom and looks like a big doughnut or something sticking out into the air.

The edges of the crater doesn't even prevent a player from moving through them like Jarvan's Cataclysm ability in League of Legends (how awsome wouldn't that be).