Amazon pre-orders arriving too late?

TheRabbit

I recall there was a thread about this prior to the forums being wiped, but I don't believe there was ever a resolution to the issue.

The issue is that if you pre-ordered from Amazon then your physical product isn't scheduled to arrive until some time around the end of the month. For example, mine is scheduled to arrive between December 28th and January 2nd.

Considering that Bioware announced that pre-order access will be ended on the 20th until a code is entered, how is this going to be dealt with?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you all checked your order status lately? I checked mine earlier today. They have fixed the ship dates!! Mine now says delivery on the 20th and they waived my 9.99 shipping and just charged me .99! I was on 1 day shipping with delivery on 22nd.

Mine hasn't changed yet either.

Things are just all over the place right now. Someone who lives near me has had RDD for a couple weeks now. And the CSRs don't know what's going on. Some are saying all orders will ship this week, some say nothing will ship until the 20th and nobody will get RDD, and others are saying they will be emailing activation codes on the 20th (which I highly doubt since they're not supposed to open the packages).

I'm still in a wait and see mode.

Here's what I did yesterday, folks.

First, I filed a support ticket with Amazon asking if I could get my shipping upgraded to release-day delivery. I never received the option to change to this when it was offered to some customers some time in early October.

The customer service rep who emailed me back apologized kindly but said my ship date was still the 20th and I would receive it on the 22nd (with 1 day shipping). However, they removed the shipping charge. While this was very thoughtful of them, it wasn't what I wanted.

There was a link in the email asking if this had solved my problem or not. I clicked that it had not. I then had the option to receive a phone call. THIS is the important part--talk to a live person.

The CSR I initially spoke to was very polite, but she had no way to change the ship date to release-day delivery. Her system simply would not allow it. I was polite but persistent, and asked her nicely, "May I speak to your supervisor, please?" She very kindly said yes, and a short time later I was on the phone with the supervisor.

This person did indeed know about the TOR problem with being locked out on launch date if you have no product key. He told me that while he couldn't promise anything at all, he was going to try everything he could do so that I could at least play the game on release day, even if I didn't have the rest of the product. I told him that would make me a very happy customer indeed. This morning, I checked my order after hearing reports of some customers having their shipping changed to release-day delivery, and found to my great delight that mine had been changed to that as well.

Kudos to Amazon and BioWare for keeping up the hard work on making sure we're happy.

For those who haven't yet seen this change, contact Amazon to get help. This may apply only to the US, too. I don't know about international orders.

"Your Amazon.co.uk order has dispatched (Order #XXXXYYYYY)

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic

Dispatched via Royal Mail Tracked (estimated arrival date: December 14, 2011).

Tracking Number: XXXXYYYYZZZZZ"

No probs here.

Yeah, Amazon.uk and Amazon.de have been shipping for a few days already. It's specifically US Amazon that is behind.

I really want to know if you guys actually really want it on release day. I'm thinking of not playing that day at all. Yes, I'd love to play, but the queue's are going to be hell.

Login before dinner and let the queue tick away while eating. Shouldn't have to worry about crowded areas because we should be level 30+ by then and in completely different zones (just don't make any new chars that day unless you're going to be playing with someone who didn't get EGA).

I really do hope they can get my CE edition to here in Australia before all the Christmas Public holidays and the shutting down of most of the postal service here during the period...Will suck to have bought the game and not be able to play it over my Christmas break... Edited by Goonbag

Called 3 times now to amazon, spoke to a supervisor and still am getting my CE on the 22nd. Said if I was getting the normal one they could dot hat by the 20th. So frustrating, and Bioware isn't giving any leeway on this either from what I've seen like other MMO's usually do. Cut off on the 20th without the code, no love or help for people waiting for their orders to arrive. Frustrating :mad:

i'm from singapore and i'm facing the same problem with amazon USA. had i known there would be this kinda trouble i would've ordered from amazon UK. i just clicked the link from this very website to place the order thinking that hey.. we might get it earlier than most other countries.