Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! It looks amazing. I can't believe the people who say its nothing special. They've clearly gone all out on the scenery, cut-scenes etc. It looks far better than any of the other planets I've seen, and the story sounds pretty epic. I look forward to this.

However I am a little peeved their not continuing class stories. To all those who are asking its pretty obvious they are not, if they were the developers wouldn't have been avoiding that question, and the advertising would clearly state that that was the case. You can tell by all the footage that is going to be a Ilum style planet (but hopefully alot better) with one big, major planet questline that involves all factions and some big characters. Its not new class stories, but I think I'll still enjoy it.

And if this expansion is successful, we will probably see more planets and more class stories in the future.

And a final qualm, although not really one that can be fixed. Its just Makeb looks a little too awesome. I'm not saying BioWare can't deliver, but it may make the other planets look a little sub-standard...

But altogether amazing, I'm looking forward to this and have already preordered. I suggest anyone else who wants new class stories in the future does the same. If this is successful, its a guaranteed Chapter 4.

It explains what the Republic is doing there and we see a few shots of them battling the Hutts but what are the Empire up to? Tomb raiding to make the Sith Inquisitor feel at home?

What of the 20 trait trees that will have 5 new skills in them. Any Chance of seeing what sort of new skills and how they will be worked into the existing trees?

Not impressed, this reveals nothing we didn't know, it's simply a glittery promotional video. More importantly Hutts?!?!?! *** Hutts are a side track in Star Wars, main story lines should follow along with Imperial/Republic light/dark conflict as Star Wars always has.

maybe this is not the place to ask this question however the answer is not found anywhere else!

If the person does not buy or do not pre order the Rise of the Hutt Cartel he'll be able to play and get the level 55 or even for someone who is free to play will be able to get the lvl 55 among other bonus that is bringing Expansion ?

Not impressed, this reveals nothing we didn't know, it's simply a glittery promotional video. More importantly Hutts?!?!?! *** Hutts are a side track in Star Wars, main story lines should follow along with Imperial/Republic light/dark conflict as Star Wars always has.

The annoying thing is, the Hutts have always been a 3rd wheel to the conflict - yet no game has made massive use of this potential faction. If you imagine the Empire and Republic both being 40% of the map and the Cartel owning maybe 15% of the remaining 20%... they can really make a difference.

It kinda irks me they didn't include a 'freelancer' smuggler/BH that followed the Hutt side of things - the two classes have never been 100% on one side.

maybe this is not the place to ask this question however the answer is not found anywhere else!

If the person does not buy or do not pre order the Rise of the Hutt Cartel he'll be able to play and get the level 55 or even for someone who is free to play will be able to get the lvl 55 among other bonus that is bringing Expansion ?

No they won't, level 50 is the maximum level if tou don't buy the expansion.

The annoying thing is, the Hutts have always been a 3rd wheel to the conflict - yet no game has made massive use of this potential faction. If you imagine the Empire and Republic both being 40% of the map and the Cartel owning maybe 15% of the remaining 20%... they can really make a difference.

It kinda irks me they didn't include a 'freelancer' smuggler/BH that followed the Hutt side of things - the two classes have never been 100% on one side.

I agree, I think its a good idea to explore a relatively neglected faction.

Concerning smuggler and bounty hunter I think its important that SWTOR, being an MMO, ascribes them to particular factions. But yes, while they often if not always side with Republic and Empire respectively, they do often work for Hutts. But like I said, they need to conform to the MMO format.

However I definitely feel a sense of independence from the Empire and the Republic in those classes. The first chapters at least are all about YOU, not the factions. And throughout the game you always side with whoever pays the most and whoever gets the most freedom and have perfectly 'freelance' motives for assisting Republic and Empire.

And personally my BH would side with the Empire over the Hutts, the Empire are more powerful and have more money, and the Hutt's a strictly neutral so my BH can work for them when he wants. Any 'rebellion' like Makeb will be swiftly put down, and more money can be gained by being on the winning side. Still, I reckon you can probably dabble with both sides when you get on the planet, but we shall see.

Negs: Looks a bit too much like Alderan with some new skins (maybe not new skins even). Culturally looks like Alderan.

I think it looks more like Naboo than it does Alderaan - I'd like to point out that even the armor has a very "Naboo" look to it...the blue and burgundy I mean. I guess both planets are quite similar, but I kept seeing "Naboo".

Honestly, they need to list all the features soon that will be in it. I want to buy it but just a planet and a few levels isent enough for the 10 bucks imo. For a expansion it should have more then what they are currently stating, i personally think it should run along the lines of:

1. New Planet - This has been confirmed.

2. New Levels - This has been confirmed.

3. New Story Quests - Hasent been confirmed if i am correct.

4. Two New PvP Warzones - No confirmation.

5. One-Two New Ops - No confirmation.

6. One-Two New Flashpoints - No confirmation.

This is what i think should be made in the expansion without a doubt about it. Just a planet that looks decent along with quests is no where near the money. They still havent said anything about the extra stuff but hopefully they do sometime soon for i can make my decision :).

Edited by JunkBag

I actually think this looks cool. I think the only challenge will be making it seem like a world under Hutt oppression other than yet another war torn world. The concept looks good just hope the execusion is as good.

Is one planet an expansion, personaly I say no but hopefully there will be more coming out that just the single planet and 5 extra levels.

Edited by Izorii