tactical flashpoints or worst fp ever.

Dear Bioware

If you want this game see her end soon, you walking in correct direction. The last flashpoints you added in game is simply joke, no challenge at all. I remember good days when Lost island flashpoint (pre 2.0) recured good team work and coordination. please, make more challenging content.

P.S. Atleast add HM option for it.

Edited by mad_freeman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bioware

If you want this game see here end soon, you walking in correct direction. The last flashpoints you added in game is simply joke, no challenge at all. I remember good days when Lost island flashpoint (pre 2.0) recured good team work and coordination. please, make more challengingcontent.

I highlighted two words that dont really go together in this game... your expectations may be a bit high.

I was doing Black Hole dailies when I decided to queue for 55 one. 30 seconds later group finder found a group and off I went. After finishing FP I was a bit sad about the fact that I have to go back finish those dailies. Edited by Halinalle

I think it's great for a couple of reasons:

* Decent lenght. In the event that you end up with some completely useless players, which isnt uncommon when dealing with GF, you won't be stuck in the instance for what feels like forever.

*It's balanced for a geared solo player.

*Short waiting times.

*Great way of leveling.

*Only one conversation. I'm deliberatly avoiding some of the current FP'es because they are too "convo heavy" and there's always atleast one in the group that persists on watching it at all and not picking a convo option until the meter is almost full.

The last flashpoints you added in game is simply joke, no challenge at all.

Not for Lowbies ?

HM for level 20 ? Great idea ? I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see that ! :)

Not even hm was added to it, like it was did with cz flashpoints

Yes, I agree. Amn HM mode at level 20 would be an really interesting test of skill.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

HM for level 20 ? Great idea ? I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see that ! :)

Yes, I agree. Amn HM mode at level 20 would be an really interesting test of skill.

At lvl 20 you have a skillset that is too limited to really support a HM version.

It makes much more sense to add a hm version for lvl 55, which is the level most people want to be challenged at.

At lvl 20 you have a skillset that is too limited to really support a HM version

Pretty sure the commenter was being sarcastic, and that the other commenter was saying HM for level 55s--given that HM is only for level 50+ in the first place. :p

Edited by AlixMV

Flashpoints used to be a challenge.

Then they added the LFG tool, something for casual players or hardcore alt hoppers to fully max all the commedations and beyond.

The problem with casual players, is that they are typically (not always) lesser geared and to be quite frank, rubbish. When compared to the typical player who is on 3+ hours every other day, if not daily.

So they made them easier... to cater to all. The problem is, some "hardcore" players aren't very raid orientated and now have very little fun content left to do in small groups.

[...] The problem is, some "hardcore" players aren't very raid orientated and now have very little fun content left to do in small groups.

^This.^

Where's my epic solo-quest, EAWare? Where is our epically cool and challenging Flashpoint-arc, IE Kaon Under Seige ---> Lost Island, both [HARD]?

Or Hell, even another version of the Ilum story-arc, culminating in B-4-I and FalseEmp?

Biggest disappointments from 2.0 to prestent, at least in terms of PvE:

The Seeker-Droid and MacroBinocs quest-arc finales cannot be solo'ed, even though all throughout the lead-up, the main encounters are explicitly scaled to group-size.

the finale of Oricon is gated behind an Operation.

Give us brain-engagement-required content* for all group sizes and solos, with the option to do/not do, stop making everything binary wherein the only choices are NiM raids, or dumb-kiddie faceroll easy mode to cater to the bads.

*I would be perfectly fine if the solo/small group "smart content" didn't reward anything beyond vanity/social fluff, rep., and comms, as long as the quality and repeatability was there.

I wanna know why they took out the Elite coms from the HM FPs. They didn't even mention it anywhere that I noticed. SO now we have to make due with basic coms.

Wait, what?

E:

Dude, I'm in-game right this moment:

Looking at my GroupFinder pane, the Daily comms reward for all the 55 HMs is still 10 Elite comms, Galactic Conflicts [WEEKLY] (complete [0/3] HM 55s) still gives Elites, and I can't check it 'cuz I did it earlier, but I'm pretty sure the CZ [WEEKLY] still does too, along with the [WEEKLY]s for Oricon, Makeb, and GSI.

Unless you mean the level 50 hard-modes?

No higher comms for those, as they are almost all pure faceroll, and drop borderline-obsolete gear (when they drop anything that isn't pure vendor-trash, that is).

I would like a Nightmare version of some of these that gives Ultimate comms, though :)

Edited by midianlord

This fp is basically BW's attempt at what Guild Wars 2 did with PvE. Doing away with the trinity sounds nice on paper but it comes with its own set of problems. Lots of trash coupled with a few bosses with easy to learn methods to avoid most of the damage ( or heal a lot by using scenery, like the kolto stations here ) will lead to one thing only:

People stacking as much dps as they possibly can and heavily discriminating against everything that's not full on dps.

Gw2 dungeon PvE is by far the worst aspect of the game because of that and I don't think it's a good idea for BW to go down the same road.

HM for low lvl. where did i say that.:sul_confused: it's obviously that i speak about 55 hm,

Role-neutrality as one possiblity is great, shorter waiting times for DPS. However, why bolster. I just hate it. Whats point of being geared if we are bolstered anyway, and I really hope that bolster is removed.

Another thing is why to take Czerka FP SMs away, I dont want to play my favs with stupid bolster.

Good idea, but BW sucked it with that no level req thingy. IMO game would be better without it:(

Lol why not instead of insulting bioware and then asking for them to do something for you that you'd like, how about you just write a suggestion in the suggestion box where it belongs. You QQers make me sick play the game or dont if you dont like something well do you really think acting like a spoiled kid on christmas is going to solve your problems?

See my edited post up there.

Unless you meant the comms that come from the bosses in the instance?

I was on earlier, the only thing that gave elite coms was the weekly 3/3 quest. I ran one of the Czerka FPs and I ran the same one last night and it dropped elite coms, it was rewarding basic coms today. I didn't change anything from the GF so I was queued for only HM FPs plus the new ones. The GF weekly quest is now dropping basic coms as well as the daily quest. Yesterday they were dropping elite coms. Saw nothing of this in the updates or anything else.

OK I just back on, APPARENTLY, if you're queued for the new TFP and the SM Czerka ones, they ONLY reward in Basic coms. I thought since I did Czerka it was HM, apparently not. My bad.

Edited by JediTev

*Only one conversation. I'm deliberatly avoiding some of the current FP'es because they are too "convo heavy" and there's always atleast one in the group that persists on watching it at all and not picking a convo option until the meter is almost full.

I do that, but only if people rudely insist that I press spacebar. If you ask first if people would like to skip and nobody else in the group says they would like to watch the cutscenes, then I will skip too (assuming I have seen them) but if you just outright INSIST that I press spacebar... then yes, I very much will wait until the last second to respond. When someone assumes, they... well look it up... it's an old saying about what happens when you assume.

I do that, but only if people rudely insist that I press spacebar. If you ask first if people would like to skip and nobody else in the group says they would like to watch the cutscenes, then I will skip too (assuming I have seen them) but if you just outright INSIST that I press spacebar... then yes, I very much will wait until the last second to respond. When someone assumes, they... well look it up... it's an old saying about what happens when you assume.

LOL Shame on you!! :p I've seen them enough times I just spacebar, I figure most of the wait is because someone else's computer is slower than mine.

I'm not to terribly impressed with it either. In the 15-54 version you get horrible combinations of completely new people who have absolutely no clue what they are doing, alongside people on their 10th lv 54 who have absolutely no patience with the new players.

I'm also not a fan of the whole role-neutral thing in it either. Healers either can't keep up healing when all four players are being attacked seperately, or they feel useless because all that is needed is DPS, and those scenarios depend entirely on the levels/gear of the other players. Tanks just get mobbed and dropped without a healer, and a whole team of DPS tends to involve at least one person dying on both of the zone champions unless several of them have, and use taunts to pull it off eachother when their health gets low. I even had a team of four healers, which makes for very long, slow boss fights.

Speaking of the bosses, I've done five runs, and got the jedi/sith four times. He seems to be specifically designed to irritate everyone. Any attacks with long casts/channels are nearly impossible to use because of those circles he throws around, and melee fighters are constantly having to back away from him because of them. Not to mention his constant jumping around makes melee nearly impossible anyways if the players don't stick nearby. Fighting him seems to mean the ranged players slowly chip away at him with weak attacks while constantly running away from circles, while the melee player pointlessly runs back and forth trying (hopelessly) to get close enough to attack. I imagine that if it was a decent team, they would stick together to keep the boss reasonably close to the melee players, but decent teams are hard to find, especially when EVERYONE who is leveling can access the same FP. The fourth player is relegated to simply running back and forth between the medstations. It's not challenging, it's just annoying.

It also doesn't help that there is no loot worth getting from it anyways. A starfighter customization. A very ugly (adaptive?) armor set. And one of those oversized speeders that get on everyone's nerves when they completely cover the mail boxes, etc.

One other thing. Who decided to call it a TACTICAL FP? There is no tactics, no strategy, no roles. Just straight up DPS. Aside from running for medstations during the bosses.