Bioware leaving their players in the DARK.

creampai

Hello everyone! We are always reading the forums and working to get responses for topics that are important to you. Your feedback is extremely important to us!

To make sure you don't miss out on any of our communications, we recommend checking out the Dev Tracker frequently to see the most recent posts from the Developers and the Community Team - you'll often see responses to concerns and helpful information there! We work to make informational posts as frequently as possible, such as this sneak peek at upcoming content from James Ohlen.

We also use our community blog (at the top of http://www.swtor.com/community) to highlight information we think is of significant interest to the community. For instance, we currently have information about our most recent patch highlighted for community members in the blog.

Thank you all for providing your feedback on the game, and please continue to do so - we will continue to work to bring you information, updates, and responses to your concerns as quickly as possible!

There you go whiners, get your spoonful.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We read many of the Forums daily, but we are never going to guarantee an answer to every question. It's really not possible.

Dev Tracker also lets you know if they've answered your questions before. :/

Edited by Iamcodex

Hello everyone! We are always reading the forums and working to get responses for topics that are important to you. Your feedback is extremely important to us!

To make sure you don't miss out on any of our communications, we recommend checking out the Dev Tracker frequently to see the most recent posts from the Developers and the Community Team - you'll often see responses to concerns and helpful information there! We work to make informational posts as frequently as possible, such as this sneak peek at upcoming content from James Ohlen.

We also use our community blog (at the top of http://www.swtor.com/community) to highlight information we think is of significant interest to the community. For instance, we currently have information about our most recent patch highlighted for community members in the blog.

Thank you all for providing your feedback on the game, and please continue to do so - we will continue to work to bring you information, updates, and responses to your concerns as quickly as possible!

lol the entire premise of this thread was just invalidated by one post. I love Bioware

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakshale

On the test server: I've gone through the Old Galactic Market, Blacksun Territory and Justicar Territory. I have not found a single bugged Archaeology node. All nodes were visible on the map, targetable and harvestable.

I have found one bugged node:

The Works: Lower Power Disribution X=897, Y=4813

Taris looks good, except for this one. The problem with this one is that you can't find it.

The Sinking City: Republic Reconscrution Grounds X=-477, Y=-224

I think this one has a random spawn site under the tree, not on the surface.

Thanks for reporting these.

Try posting your complaints in a decent format as this char did.

While they have a blog, dev tracker, and interviews, there is still not nearly enough employee feedback/commentary in many threads on these forums.

I've been a senior developer at a software company, and let me tell you this: you have no idea of the overhead it takes to respond to every client issue. If you're paying a $15,000/month service contract, then you can get an executive-level response to your issues. For $15/month, you can get a blog, dev tracker, interviews, and form responses to the tickets you submit.

Are you willing to pay what it takes to cover a dedicated customer service staff responding to every semi-legit complaint on this board?

THHHAAANNNN***K YOOUUU with just one post you shut up all of the ignorant, inpatient people who are complaining in this thread. I love it

Why so ominously silent about splicing, the hot topic of the moment. Heavy handed and underhanded (no patch note).

It was in the patch notes, and it was obvious that it needed smacked down.

And this coming from someone who has 400 slicing. It's still viable, just not an AFK goldmine.

I've been a senior developer at a software company, and let me tell you this: you have no idea of the overhead it takes to respond to every client issue. If you're paying a $15,000/month service contract, then you can get an executive-level response to your issues. For $15/month, you can get a blog, dev tracker, interviews, and form responses to the tickets you submit.

Are you willing to pay what it takes to cover a dedicated customer service staff responding to every semi-legit complaint on this board?

For the love of God, this! The sense of entitlement people base on the meager $15 subscription fee they pay is ridiculous. That's, what, the price of a decent lunch out?

There is another aspect to this: Legal Stuff. A reason why you are unlikely to see impromptu official responses (beyond noncomittal form letters) to gameplay complaints is the fear of having statements construed as binding promises. People have based lawsuits on such nonsense before.

Finally, if this mmo is the worst one you've encountered in terms of dev communication, you simply haven't played many. WoW was the same way for years. As was EQ, Shadowbane, Rift, AION, AoC, Darkfall, SWG and so forth... little dev involvement in the community is the norm, not the exception.

All you people who troll and bash on people for pointing out valid concerns for this game are why forums and MMO communities in general are simply cess pits. With all you saying "this game is kewl!" and "i'm playing just fine!" doesn't help the people who paid for the game to play it and can't because its a buggy mess right now. This just gives Bioware more reason to say that there are "more people who can play then can't" and not rush out fixes.

Forums are meant to help people, not bash or troll them.

Hello, this is your fanbase and playerbase talking. Are you out there? crickets?

Please let us know you are listening.

Did it occur to you they might be busy trying to fix all of the stuff you people spend your entire day sitting on here complaining about?

The playerbase has millions of people with 16-hours of awake time to generate new things to complain about. They've got a few hundred people with 8-16 hours of work-time to fix them. You do the math.

Edited by Bibdy

It's Christmas... I'd hope that most of the team have had at least a few days off!

I think the problem is you don't attempt to release a major MMO and then vanish for a couple of weeks of vacation. That's just not how MMOs work.

Now, that is not to say that I don't feel the developers should have Christmas through New Years off like the rest of the game industry. I completely expect them to be takeing that time off. Most of their peers are, after all. And I'm sure they would be very disappointed to crunch like crazy all the way up to the Christmas holidays, release their game, and then be expected to continue crunching through Christmas. Nobody desires that kind of setup.

However, that is exactly the kind of position you put yourself in when you choose to release a major MMO five days before Christmas. It's either that or irritate a lot of your customers (who are playing your game through the Christmas holiday) with the resulting poor communication and lack of quick updates. And that's why it's ridiculous to release an MMO five days before Christmas. Release it at least a month before so you've gotten some patches out by Christmas and can go on vacation feeling a little more secure, or don't release until after Christmas.

Or, create problems and do what Bioware did and leave a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of customers. This is one of those "make your bed, sleep in it" situations. You don't get a free pass from the players when you purposely choose such a poor release date (which was entirely based on giving them the maximum amount of time to finish development while still releasing in time to collect on the holiday sales). There's going to downsides to milking every advantage.

All you people who troll and bash on people for pointing out valid concerns for this game are why forums and MMO communities in general are simply cess pits. With all you saying "this game is kewl!" and "i'm playing just fine!" doesn't help the people who paid for the game to play it and can't because its a buggy mess right now. This just gives Bioware more reason to say that there are "more people who can play then can't" and not rush out fixes.

Forums are meant to help people, not bash or troll them.

Forums in general are for discussion, which on occasion will involve differences of opinion. By posting in a relatively public general discussion forum, you open yourself up to everything from differences of opinion to outright verbal abuse. While the latter is unfortunate, these are the breaks. There are special purpose forums for things such as technical support, of course, but this thread is in the general discussion forum.

Also, I believe you may rest assured that BioWare isn't using something as simplistic as the ratio of forum complaints to posts by players as a deciding factor in which issues to focus on. Bioware is 100% sure to know of the major issues, and the extent to which they affect players, by data gathered by the client as well as through customer service. Posting continuous bile about how horrible BioWare are to not have fixed your particular issue in general discussion one week after launch isn't going to do anything useful beyond riling up the fans.

Forums in general are for discussion, which on occasion will involve differences of opinion. By posting in a relatively public general discussion forum, you open yourself up to everything from differences of opinion to outright verbal abuse. While the latter is unfortunate, these are the breaks. There are special purpose forums for things such as technical support, of course, but this thread is in the general discussion forum.

Also, I believe you may rest assured that BioWare isn't using something as simplistic as the ratio of forum complaints to posts by players as a deciding factor in which issues to focus on. Bioware is 100% sure to know of the major issues, and the extent to which they affect players, by data gathered by the client as well as through customer service. Posting continuous bile about how horrible BioWare are to not have fixed your particular issue in general discussion one week after launch isn't going to do anything useful beyond riling up the fans.

You sound like Bioware damage control...but very intellectually well written good sir. I applaud the response without it turning into being demeaning.

Lets see. We've had 2 or was it 3 hot fixes and 1 med sized patch since release. We are at 15 days from EGA and 8 from official release

Oh wait, and there was a major holiday in there.

Just because they aren't saying "we hear you" on every post doesn't mean they arent reading.

By far the best quality of CS at release (well mythic did good with that when DAOC started but they had full zones with no loot and completely missing content for anything over 45 to max level.

Stop whining and go outside. Life isn't just this game and the forums

I am happy with the level of communication and I hope you stay true to your vision and make sure any changes are in alignment with your vision of an accessable story driven mmo that provides emotional impact, ethical challenges and is fun to play.

9 days after a release of a MMO and youre complaining about the lack of communication? Its christmas holidays too. MANY workers have taken time off until the new year.

Usually, i dont even EXPECT most people to be in office until january. Also they deserve some time off after the final run before release. It is very common for developers to stay quiet for a while when they release a new game or a big update.

If they wouldnt share any information in january, now that would be disapointing.

But actually, hey, they all HAVENT taken time off and are posting new information, and that is very much ABOVE AVERAGE communication. I have played about 10 MMOs and this dev team so far communicates VERY well.