View Single Post

vVvCheese
01.24.2014 , 05:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
The shadow name is pretty lame: accelerated project. Just say energized shock; we all know what you mean. :-)

Using gcd4 on Thrash (or Maul) is definitely a good idea, not just for the extra Particle Acceleration/Energize proc, but also because it allows you to open the next block with Project/Shock rather than Slow Time/Wither.

Regarding the triple Recklessness/Force Potency, see the note in my article addressed specifically to you. :-) It's a noticeable DPS gain to do what you recommend, but you have to play with fire on your stacks to pull it off since you need both gcd4 and gcd5. On top of that, it's a bit RNG-dependent. I think it's something I would do if the enrage timer on a fight was tight enough that 12-17 DPS would make a difference, but it's just not worth the effort or risk in most cases.
That's why I didn't discuss it, though this simple rotation actually does allow for the double proc if you get a proc off the thrash/maul before FL and have already triggered it on the previous run through. Also, I would thrash over maul even with a proc immediately preceding FL since you have a 49% chance to trigger shock opposed to the 30% a maul grants (conceding you get more DPS out of mauling). Just makes stack maintainance easier, and I usually do that during farm since I tab out and such.

Anywayyyyyy, beyond the scope of this thread. Good stuff.
Tenebras/Simulara
I've cleared all the content, probably before you.
Now I just PvP, and probably farm you.