Is nightmare for epeen?

I've fully cleared Nightmare, and I don't feel like it is for epeen. The game is so simple that the only real challenge are the unintended bugs that you have to deal with. This combined with more damage and more boss health are the only thing that make Nightmare mode a challenge. Some of us don't like completely faceroll games and nightmare mode is the closest thing here to escaping that.

I've fully cleared Nightmare, and I don't feel like it is for epeen. The game is so simple that the only real challenge are the unintended bugs that you have to deal with. This combined with more damage and more boss health are the only thing that make Nightmare mode a challenge. Some of us don't like completely faceroll games and nightmare mode is the closest thing here to escaping that.

That guy here seems to have a very large one. ^^

Think of it this way. Lets say that you move from Moreno Valley, California to Groton, Connecticut. On the way along, you constantly find his epeen. ^^

Whats all this epeen crap about?

Whats the purpose of doing nightmare mode... is 'for fun or the challenge' not a valid answer?

To the OP: Whats the purpose of any part of this game, or any MMO for that matter? To advance you character, advance your gear, to what end? If its not for the fun/challenge of the game, it must all be to advance your epeen right?

Are you only doing raids for the gear, and purely for Rakata? then for the most part NM is not something you would have to do.

what it is though, for 16man is 1: a bigger harder challenge (Thinking railshot on Jarg/Sorno here and like mechanics with autoonshots) 2: you do get in 16mans 2 mounts off the last boss instead of one, and since i have the SOA mount i have to wait until half the raid gets the Karagga mount before i can roll on it (btw im raid leader and thats the rule i choose for fairness) 3: a way to turn content youve already done into a lil bit newer and more fun, tho yes this is just 1 rehashed to an extent.

so yeah, if you wanna do the minimum work to get Rakata gear and ignore everything else that is PvE, HM looks like its all you need.

oh, and there are the titles you can get for speed clearing 16man NM. Personally im looking forward to the Infernal title, especially cause so many people in my guild have it already :(

2: you do get in 16mans 2 mounts off the last boss instead of one, and since i have the SOA mount i have to wait until half the raid gets the Karagga mount before i can roll on it (btw im raid leader and thats the rule i choose for fairness)

We get 2 mounts in 8 mans all the time (each boss). IMO i think its the chest has a chance to drop 2 special boss items (ie. Karagga has the mount/minipet/hat)

We get 2 mounts in 8 mans all the time (each boss). IMO i think its the chest has a chance to drop 2 special boss items (ie. Karagga has the mount/minipet/hat)

The pet and hat drop right from Karagga. The chest only has a mount and more commendations.

The Speeder can drop from Karraga himself as well.

Personally, I see it as 60/40 or maybe 70/30 Epeen vs. gearing, because atm, other than a few goodies, the biggest difference in loot tables between Hard and Nightmare is that Nightmare gives more, which is nice if you really, really want the mods and enhacements to fully customize the stats of your Rakata gear (or whatever orange gear you pick when 1.2 arrives.)

Edited by Foefaller

• 3 months later...
You're an ******e. You just necroed a thread that was pointless to begin with.

Actually this thread is informative to those of us who haven't read much about nightmare modes. I was about to ask the same question. My guild has cleared HM EV, HM KP, and Denova Story Mode, and we were wondering what value there was to starting nightmare modes.

The Speeder can drop from Karraga himself as well.

Personally, I see it as 60/40 or maybe 70/30 Epeen vs. gearing, because atm, other than a few goodies, the biggest difference in loot tables between Hard and Nightmare is that Nightmare gives more, which is nice if you really, really want the mods and enhacements to fully customize the stats of your Rakata gear (or whatever orange gear you pick when 1.2 arrives.)

What do ya mean it gives more? More loot drops? Every list Ive seen says the drops are the same as HM

Yeah, what do you mean more? This is of interest to me.

Edited by Qonor

Actually this thread is informative to those of us who haven't read much about nightmare modes. I was about to ask the same question. My guild has cleared HM EV, HM KP, and Denova Story Mode, and we were wondering what value there was to starting nightmare modes.

Yeah, what do you mean more? This is of interest to me.

I will explain. You know how Story EV, KP drop Columi? And how HM EV, KP drop Columi & RAKATA? Well NIghtmare EV and KP drop twice as much Rakata as Hard Mode. So you can gear up quicker for HM EC. That's the only reason to do Nightmare IMO, to get those last few missing pieces of Rakata. So if you are 4/5 and you want a piece then do Nightmare I guess.

If all your guys are geared you don't have to do ev nightmare.. However KP nightmare drops your black hole comms which will help gear your guys up for EC HM. So I'd suggest doing that. EC Story drops mats to make black hole stuff, as well as a black hole piece on the boss, and EC HM drops campaign gear. When they release EC nightmare they said it will come with a new tier of gear, so then that will be worth doing, not just for your "epeen".

Nightmare modes are a lot of fun. They don't have any new mechanics, which is a bummer, but the amount of damage and size of health pools you're dealing with require everyone to be really spot on with everything they do. I wouldn't say that there is *no* room for mistakes, but the margin for error is definitely quite low. Nightmare modes are really the only raids where you are *forced* to use your cooldowns, relics, adrenals just in order to keep up, whereas most content allows you to reserve them as panic buttons.

If you're a progression raider, pushing through nightmare modes once makes a lot of sense, and thereafter farming nightmare KP and EV (they drop different pieces). Once you've got your gear, most progression raiders are just going to ignore nightmare mode raids since there's really no point. Though, I have heard of people doing crazy things like 8 manning a 16 man nightmare mode, but I've never been part of such an attempt.

Personally, I am *not* a progression raider, and I intend to keep running nightmare modes until they stop being fun. So, basically the same policy that I have with everything else in this (or any) game.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I will explain. You know how Story EV, KP drop Columi? And how HM EV, KP drop Columi & RAKATA? Well NIghtmare EV and KP drop twice as much Rakata as Hard Mode. So you can gear up quicker for HM EC. That's the only reason to do Nightmare IMO, to get those last few missing pieces of Rakata. So if you are 4/5 and you want a piece then do Nightmare I guess.

This is false. Nightmare gives the exact same amount of loot as hard.

This is false. Nightmare gives the exact same amount of loot as hard.

Oh, yeah I forgot to qualify my statement - ONLY Soa and Karagga drop different stuff in Nightmare, the first 4/5 bosses have the exact same loot table. Sorry for the confusion.

How much harder is it? 20%?

Oh, yeah I forgot to qualify my statement - ONLY Soa and Karagga drop different stuff in Nightmare, the first 4/5 bosses have the exact same loot table. Sorry for the confusion.

Aww, I was excited there for a second.

Simple. All bosses have IDENTICAL loot tables. Soa and Karagga included. The only difference in NiM KP is after each boss, you get a chest with BH comms, and for both KP and EV, after killing the end boss, you get another chest that contains the speeder.

Karaggas hat drops on HM as well as NiM.

Last couple raids on HM my guild got two rakata drops off each boss. This begs the question then, what is the point of nightmare mode? Is it just to show off a guilds epeen?

Yes, it's all about the epeen for now.

BW looks like it might make it better to run Nightmare Mode for gear and loot. Karagga's Palace Nightmare now drops Black Hole commendations.