Premade groups are ruining GSF on Star Forge

LiteSideAvenger

So you want them to delete GSF because you aren't winning enough, and replace it with a worse game that will let you win more.

Splitting the queue is a terrible idea.

Why not form a team?

Edited by Verain

• 3 weeks later...

I completely agree with the original poster. That same group you're talking about, does the same thing on Satele Shan. They go from server to server, doing the same thing. As for anything happening, I doubt it. These jerks have no respect for anybody. Just mockery, when people speak out against them. This is not at all about the abilities of pilots. These people are just thugs, that use numbers to beat up people. Then they jeer each other on, to convince themselves that they are good for it. This isn't the first time this has happened. Since gsf came out, I have seen this happen a half dozen or more times, with different groups of people.

So you want them to delete GSF because you aren't winning enough, and replace it with a worse game that will let you win more.

Splitting the queue is a terrible idea.

Why not form a team?

Why is splitting the queue up a bad idea? So you can't go around doing that to people anymore? Or are you afraid of actual opposition. You are one of the people causing the problem, and you've been doing this for a long time now. This is a reasonable solution, that goes right at the heart of the problem. You'll be going against some organized teams, instead of going against a collection of individuals. If you actually cared about enhancing the game, you'd be excited about it. This is an excellent idea, and only hinders people that have been doing this abhorrent behavior. The numbers of pilots are there, as is evident when groups aren't running amok. The fan base is there. I hope you get what karma you have coming for you, when you are forced to fight organized teams. Scum like you have been doing this to the rest of us, for far too long.

Note to original poster. This section of the forum is almost never looked at by anyone but players. Try General Discussion>Suggestion Box. It's almost never looked at either, but there is a bigger chance of something being seen there.

Edited by SoothingDarkness

So what happens when there's a group of 2 or 3 people, how would your magical seperate que system work then? All this boils down to is your losing "a certain premade" is winning and you don't like it.

This is not at all about the abilities of pilots.

That is also exactly what it is about, there are alot of groups that que on the fly either through discord or gsf chat, maybe they are just a couple of friends who enjoy each others company. Nothing is said about them it all comes back to one or two groups of premades that are out perfroming you.

This is a reasonable solution, that goes right at the heart of the problem.

No, this goes right to the heart of your problem, those little groups i mentioned earlier would be forced to do your dirty work and fight these groups (assuming there is a pop since the player base would be split in half). If you truly believe that these groups have no skill and are just winning because of numbers, then why dont you find your own premade and show them the power of four solo quers. They are pretty much on the same time each day so it's not like they magically pop out of nowhere like a pokemon in long grass. Surely that would be better and more satisfying then waiting for bioware to do something which you have said probably wont happen then on top of that have a group or two who dont exist on a regular enough basis to win constantly enough for you to feel justice has been serverd.

GSF is to me like letting a top-tier basketball player play against school pupils.

And let him win, of course.

Okay, how much dirty work is needed by those school pupils to win against let's say Dirk Novitzky ? Especially since school pupils just haven't grown into that 2 metres range ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

GSF is to me like letting a top-tier basketball player play against school pupils.

And let him win, of course.

Okay, how much dirty work is needed by those school pupils to win against let's say Dirk Novitzky ? Especially since school pupils just haven't grown into that 2 metres range ?

Not really sure about the relevance of this post, is Dirk Novitzky a representation of an individual player? or is it him representing a 4 man group? If its about an individual player then yeah it sucks that gsf doesn't have a large enough player base to have tiers, so the cxp farmers and sd'ers can play all in one group while the experienced pilots play in another.

If its a representation of a group then you have to remember not every group is 4 top tier pilots on voice flying together, some are just as new as the cxp farmers, some are just average pilot, there's all different kinds of groups flying. Are you agreeing with the other two posters in saying you want seperate q's for solo and group? and if so are willing to accept that these small non competative groups are just collateral damage to achieve a so called utopia of solo q'ing? Seems a bit selfish it that's the case after all you have a choice to fly solo or group up but you would rather take those peoples choices away for a more desirable outcome for yourself.

I hope you get what karma you have coming for you, when you are forced to fight organized teams. Scum like you have been doing this to the rest of us, for far too long.

If you happen to know someone who can cast some sort of Voodoo curse that motivates people to use the free GSF educational materials, free voice clients, make some friends, and group into competitive GSF teams in such numbers that Verain never gets to fight a PUG of incompetents ever again, you may earn his undying love.

What you're calling karma, Verain calls a great game, and actively seeks out.

Why is splitting the queue up a bad idea?

For the same two reasons unranked WZ queue is not split:

#1 Because queue times already take too long. If the queue is split into group and solo, there will not be enough to fill either.

#2 It won't solve anything because of queue syncing; That same premade group can just queue solo at the same time and they will most likely end up in the same GSF battle anyway.

BELIEVE ME, I hate it when I queue solo and see a premade opposite me. And you know what I do? I stop queuing for a short time. A lot of the time this gets me out of the cycle with that premade.

Edited by psandak

That same group you're talking about, does the same thing on Satele Shan. They go from server to server, doing the same thing.

Is it better to camp one server, or go fly in different places? Remember, your argument is that this somehow kills queues if done on one server too long, or something.

These jerks have no respect for anybody. Just mockery, when people speak out against them.

Mocking whiners is not the same thing as having "no respect for anybody".

These people are just thugs, that use numbers to beat up people.

At this point I'm not even sure I know who you are talking about anymore. I thought you were complaining about the group that I run with, but at this point it could be a lot of groups. None of whom fit your characterizations either, of course.

Why is splitting the queue up a bad idea?

It's a team game, and people without teams are asking for teams to be deleted.

Or are you afraid of actual opposition.

We participate in group events and such. Here's Drako's latest request for some fun group on group combat:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=944406

Check out all those responses!

This is a reasonable solution, that goes right at the heart of the problem.

Organized groups are not a problem. They've never been a problem. These players have always represented the most passionate group of GSF. Your "solution" is to delete GSF and replace it with a crappy game. Deleting teamwork and top end play completely is neither reasonable, nor a solution.

I hope you get what karma you have coming for you, when you are forced to fight organized teams.

The zero responses in Drako's thread imply that the actual result would be, no one would challenge our team, or very probably, any team at all. There's certainly not enough full teams grouping, and the thing we have seen that gets people grouping up is to form a team and fight. Some nights, groups show up to play against, other nights, they do not. But sitting silently in queue with no pops is what you'd actually subject teams to, and you absolutely know that.

Scum like you have been doing this to the rest of us, for far too long.

This is sig-quality material, just so you know. I don't know if I'll stick it there, but like, I really want to.

Why is splitting the queue up a bad idea? So you can't go around doing that to people anymore? Or are you afraid of actual opposition. You are one of the people causing the problem, and you've been doing this for a long time now. This is a reasonable solution, that goes right at the heart of the problem. You'll be going against some organized teams, instead of going against a collection of individuals. If you actually cared about enhancing the game, you'd be excited about it. This is an excellent idea, and only hinders people that have been doing this abhorrent behavior. The numbers of pilots are there, as is evident when groups aren't running amok. The fan base is there. I hope you get what karma you have coming for you, when you are forced to fight organized teams. Scum like you have been doing this to the rest of us, for far too long.

As an excellent counterpoint to literally everything you just said, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=944406 is still sitting empty, despite being on these forums for weeks, and over 300 views. So, there's that.