Chapter II: Run For The Shadows : Defeat the GenoHaradan

InfamousDolphin

I am at KOTOT Chapter II: Run For The Shadows : Defeat the GenoHaradan

I am on "Veteran" mode.

Item level is 248, and I am playing a Jedi Guardian/Defense.

I last about ten seconds before these GenoHaradan kill me. I can't even group with guildmates. I have never seen a fight this difficult. Is there a trick to this?

Thank you.

Edited by InfamousDolphin

Uh, yes those guys are mean, I had to get help there in master mode, buried tons of credits with my assassin there until I gave up on doing it alone, sad thing is, for two players it is just no challenge at all then.

Now, to get other people join your story phase first of all you need to have enabled the "Allow Access to Same Class/Personal Phase" option found in > preferences > social > general.

Then being within your chapter phase or having the chapter active, you first invite people into a group and then per right click on your name/portrait there should be something like "rally group to your story" or similar to be found in the portrait menu. Unfortunately I'm not at the PC right now and can't look up the exact wording of it.

In other instances they would be able to just walk into the green entrance and get the option to join you or open their own phase, with the chapters though there often isn't a green portal, you manually have to invite them, they get a teleport to your phase once they accept and should be appear at your side.

Uh, yes those guys are mean, I had to get help there in master mode, buried tons of credits with my assassin there until I gave up on doing it alone, sad thing is, for two players it is just no challenge at all then.

Now, to get other people join your story phase first of all you need to have enabled the "Allow Access to Same Class/Personal Phase" option found in > preferences > social > general.

Then being within your chapter phase or having the chapter active, you first invite people into a group and then per right click on your name/portrait there should be something like "rally group to your story" or similar to be found in the portrait menu. Unfortunately I'm not at the PC right now and can't look up the exact wording of it.

In other instances they would be able to just walk into the green entrance and get the option to join you or open their own phase, with the chapters though there often isn't a green portal, you manually have to invite them, they get a teleport to your phase once they accept and should be appear at your side.

Is that just MM, or can you do it in Vet mode too?

So there are two suggestions I have.

1) get acina’s influence rank up. Make sure she is at least at rank 20 before trying again, and it’s cheap (though time consuming) to get to 20 with green premium rank 1 or 2 gifts. If you have the legacy of altruism perk you can do it with 457 rank 1 gifts as the cheapest method. Acina loves Cultural Artifacts

2) do the bonus quest to get the temporary ability “relic” that lets you use a key ability with no cooldown. This is that chapter’s “trick” to completing the harder modes that the devs put in to just about every chapter of KOTET.

Edited by phalczen

Yes! I found the relic, and tried a few more times. I focused on the hunters, and was careful to stay out of the fire, and put Acina on passive when there was fire so she would follow me. It was close, but I did it. I'm actually not sure if the relic helped or not. Edited by InfamousDolphin