SWTOR Flirting Table

DomiSotto

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I was hoping to get my Smuggler committed to Numen Brock. When Riggs said his Chapter 3 quest goes to Balmorra I had hopes... oh, well. I guess not. Well, just one level to go till we can go there and I find out for myself if Bio thought of the obvious or forgot to care as usual. :( Edited by DomiSotto

Yeah, poor Female Consular. :(

She's a Jedi. If anything the male Consular should have less flirting options.

/edit: Aside from that, the list there isn't all that inclusive. You did notice that the consular the person writing that list played only was level 20, yes? Thats why there are so little flirting options for her. Because she's only level 20 and probably didn't even finish Taris.

Edited by Wylf

Aside from that, the list there isn't all that inclusive. You did notice that the consular the person writing that list played only was level 20, yes? Thats why there are so little flirting options for her. Because she's only level 20 and probably didn't even finish Taris.

My female Consular is Level 45, on Belsavis. I did not make a list, but I am pretty sure that's all I've got so far was my one and only (literally) Iresso and Tharan's Holographic ménage-a-trois. Of course, if starting right in the next prison yard my Consular starts getting bombarded with offers and solicitations... I'll gladly eat my hat! (But all I want is Zenith anyway).

Edited by DomiSotto

Again, it's a Jedi. If you're honestly playing a Jedi with the expection of getting much love then you're not grasping the concept of a Jedi. Quite frankly the fact that Bioware gave Jedi flirting options at all makes me shake my head.

Your consular is essentially the Star Wars equivalent of a nun.

Attachment is forbidden. Flirting is not. One of the Jedi Mastres I save is married with an adult daughter (I bet he did not find her in a cabbage patch courtesy of the Force). Even my Master was a scalding-hot thing in her days. The highly respected Bastilla Shan... well, we all know what she had with Revan, and how we ended up with another Master of that last name... 300 years later.

And, my Smuggler is not a Jedi, and she haven't heard back from Numen Brock, and she is on Belasavis.

My Trooper is not a Jedi either, and so far... there was one half-hearted. She is on Taris.

My BH did not get anything as of yet, and my IA managed to get LS points for sleeping with a (Okay, a very attractive) blackmailer (yay?)

My Sith Warrior harasses an unfortunate gay man trying to find his dignity in Imperial military for flirts.

Edited by DomiSotto

This list is missing a lot of detail. For example: Male Sith Warrior can marry Vette, not listed; Female Sith Warrior can marry Quinn or Pierce, neither are listed; Male Inquisitor has lots of flirt options with and can marry Ashara yet she's not even listed; Male Agent can marry Kaliyo, not listed; and the list of things missing goes on.

Basically every class / gender that I know about was missing flirt and marry options that are available to them.

Edited by Irongut

I've noticed that main romances were left out from some classes, not sure why. I assumed the table only included the ones that you can flirt with before joining them to the party.

That's news to me that you can marry Pierce. I thought he was a 1-night stand? Things are looking up?

Edited by DomiSotto

Are the booty calls covered by dialogues or left to the player's imagination? Inquiring minds want to know. And F!Sith Warrior gets points for the vaudeville quality love life. Faux marriage to Quinn... with Pierce on a stand-by list. Why can't she get one of those handsome Jedi to educate about passion-victory axis?

Why would anyone keep track of this so closely that they'd make a freaking spreadsheet of it?! Geezus people, get outside...this kinda stuff creeps me out and gives gamers a bad name...

This is just weird...

It is no less weird than tracking how much better you get if you have 76% of accuracy vs 77% . Look, there are so very few flirts in the game, many of them are funny, some of them are Awww... and very few would replay a class with the same gender PC. It is useful to know particularly if you like the character. It is useful to know particular if there is an alternative to the in-party romance and you don't like the in-party romance. So, if you shut down the in-party, would you have anything at all?

In addition, stats like that, in the open, well, it makes a better case when you try to appeal to Bio to please, please, please produce more female-player oriented content. It is not that content is not good, it is that there is just a pittance compared to the male content.

Edited by DomiSotto

(1) It is incorrect.

My sage had a chance to flirt with Theron Shan after completing the story on Forged Alliances (Korriban and Tython Flashpoints). This happens after you finished the Tython flashpoint and go to talk to him in the cantina about his impressions about the attack.

I have had other flirts on my sage in other flashpoints. I just didn't keep track as I saw no need in it.

(2) Why in the world would anyone keep track of flirts regarding NPC in a game? That makes no sense whatsoever. Do they make a spreadsheet for flirts in real life as well?

Maybe it is something they do just seems a bit overboard to me.

(3) What is the big deal of NPC and flirts? Honesty they say the same thing to every person. It like someone coming up to you and flirting with a friend of yours and then turning to you using the same line on your.

Maybe it is me but I kind of like someone to be a little original (sort of like my boyfriend is with me) and not use the same line.

(4) If you really all that interested in flirting what is stopping you from roleplaying flirting with all the male players in the game if you are interested in flirting. You can make up your own flirts in your roleplay.

Anyways have a good day.

Edited by casi

You experience a game in a unique way, it all relates to your character and her story, her choices. Flirts are among the very few things in the game where you glean the character's personal life and can RP her as something other than a hero or a villain. It's something you do that doesn't involve killing. Romances and Friendships provided by the game are very special venues because of that. It goes beyond taking down notes on the next quest or getting the red/blue stars so you could use a relic or get an achievement.

I don't normally do Flashpoints. :) Time investment, grouping with strangers and hit and miss of the outcome is too much to bother.

Edited by DomiSotto

I think creating friendship with people online would create a better story than with a NPC that you basically see once or a companion that will repeat the same thing to another smuggler. You can create your own RP story without the flirts on the NPC. I know I did. I have created some wonderful friendships with people here and we have had a forum roleplay ongoing for at least two years or longer. If that is what you are looking for then try creating friendships with people online and making your own unique RP story that way.

I am not saying the NPC aren't fun, if you like that, but I find creating friendships and a roleplay story with others better and a lot more fun as you never know what will happen as you can't guess what the person you are roleplaying with is going to do.

Edited by ArielaKnight

You experience a game in a unique way, it all relates to your character and her story, her choices. Flirts are among the very few things in the game where you glean the character's personal life and can RP her as something other than a hero or a villain

There is no such thing as a "personal life" with these avatars. These are simply pre-scripted replies and actions based on limited pre-programmed "choices". It's nothing more than a digital choose your own adventure book. There's nothing unique about this either - your story can be identical to my own.

No amount of programmed flirting or sex in-game makes your avatar unique...YOU DO! This list is creepy imo.

There is no such thing as a "personal life" with these avatars. These are simply pre-scripted replies and actions based on limited pre-programmed "choices". It's nothing more than a digital choose your own adventure book. There's nothing unique about this either - your story can be identical to my own.

No amount of programmed flirting or sex in-game makes your avatar unique...YOU DO! This list is creepy imo.

I could kinda see where you're coming from if the point of the list had been "hehe, I wanna make sure my characters can have as much sex with as many different people as possible!" but the author points out at the top that this was motivated by hearing about the blatant double-standard between how the genders are handled in this aspect of the game and trying to put together some actual examples to point to.

Since I see no reason to doubt that account of why s/he did this, I really don't see how it comes across as "creepy" at all.

It isn't conclusive evidence, either, but the author acknowledges that it's purely anecdotal, and I think it still does an alright job of drawing attention to the idea that "hey, things are kinda out of whack here."

Edited by DarthDymond

This game is a hybrid, and I try to take an advantage of it. If it did not have Bio signature environmental interactions I would be playing Dragon Age.

I play these games as a character story, and I like to base it off what game has to offer, rather than what I wish it offered (I create a head canon as well of course, but I try to base it as much around the game events and dialogues as possible). I play it as a SP game, even when I play it with my husband - we do have fun (because it is a great MP mode), but I certainly prefer scripted digital interactions to unpredictable strangers. I like the control and I like to decide what happens and when. I do not like being judged by strangers as to how I equip my character and how inept I am at playing my class, and feel guilty because I drew agro by not cutting corner close enough, and things like that. When I play, I like feeling that I am co-creating a story supplying a protagonist and building up her emotional profile and adding a touch of special. I also run separate characters from the pairings we have with my husband, and for those one digital interactions are crucial. And, I also greatly appreciate BioWARE writing, voice-acting and cutscenes :)

More content means more ability to pick and chose, and well, it's always nice to see species, gender, class - special things. I am blown away by 8 different class stories. I love it when my char's gender is noticed. I wish Miraluka had different way of saying things. Things like that are awesome. Well, I think so. :)

And yet, the 2 characters who get laid the most (in monogamous relationships) are both women.

Which is great if you really like the character. If you don't, you won't see it, and won't get any alternatives. I like the system in this game, I just want it to offer variety to the different classes and genders.

Edited by DomiSotto