Call for Ebon Hawk Imperial pilots

Seems Eclipse Squadron's been either gone or inert for a while. The result (which can't be blamed on them, really) is that there's a very healthy Republic pilot roster suffering due to lack of Imperial engagement.

So that's where I'm gonna main from here on out. I would appreciate any assistance in this regard. Ebon Hawk used to be the destination for GSF. I wouldn't mind seeing even a little bit of a resurgence in that.

This is a call to arms. Any who answer it are appreciated and valued. I will be most easily reached Impside as Calteru (I have a Nine, but it uses multiple alt codes naturally and is a PITA to type) and I will be flying support unless it becomes necessary for me to buy another strike fighter.

Thank you for your time. -bp

Edited by DownloadStarter
Extraneous punctuation

A year or so back it actually was One of if not THE GSF server. Eclipse had it going pretty well round the clock almost. Some pretty epic duels with her sister squadron Nova and some other guilds as well.

Also plenty of events were run regularly.

It's been ages since I've set virtual foot on TEH, but I do still have toons there, so I can certainly stop by. The main reason I stopped making TEH appearances was because it seemed to take so damn long to get a pop. Not Bastion bad, but bad.

However, this was a while ago...back in 4.x, at least. Sounds like it's gotten better since then (maybe due to 5.0/GC rewards?) so I'll give it another shot this week.

Hey, glad to see it guys, thanks! :) I'll see you up there at various points, I'm sure.

When?

Believe it or not, for the first year of GSF Ebon Hawk was a top-flight (pun totally intended) destination for the game mode. Several groups there took a VERY active hand in shaping the early community and it was a very welcoming environment with lots of pops and lots of variation. Saberwing and, to a greater extent, Eclipse Squadron deserve virtually all the credit for making that happen.

Despite only being around for 3 years, GSF has a very rich history already. Ask some of the vets sometime about it if you haven't.

Hey, glad to see it guys, thanks! :) I'll see you up there at various points, I'm sure.

Believe it or not, for the first year of GSF Ebon Hawk was a top-flight (pun totally intended) destination for the game mode. Several groups there took a VERY active hand in shaping the early community and it was a very welcoming environment with lots of pops and lots of variation. Saberwing and, to a greater extent, Eclipse Squadron deserve virtually all the credit for making that happen.

Despite only being around for 3 years, GSF has a very rich history already. Ask some of the vets sometime about it if you haven't.

Believe it or not I have been there from the beginning. I was one of the few people to main strike and be called an ace while doing it (Tune & Ramalina) being the others. I remember Nemarius, Eclipse, Saberwing...etc

but to say TEH was "the" GSF place is just silly, It was in the beginning in POT5, The Bastion ,The Harbinger & SL's shadow....a good server with good pilots indeed, but definitely not "the" GSF place

I will say this for TEH, it has faired better in the long run than POT5 & The Bastion

Edited by Lendul

Ebon Hawk was top dog for quite awhile until a lot of the pilots went mia. To say it wasn't "the place" for gsf especially at the beginning is naïve at best. I could sit here and write you a long list of pilots that were pretty good. No other server had that good of a collection of pilots on either side for the longest time. Not knocking other pilots from other servers. To further prove that, most of the forum gsf talk was about Ebon Hawk.

If you guys can get both sides slugging at each other like the days of old, more power to you. Would like to see it happen again as a vet of the old Saberwing vs Eclipse Squadron wars.

To further prove that, most of the forum gsf talk was about Ebon Hawk.

Actually, in the beginning, most of the forum talk was coming from POT5 Black vs Death Squadrons(Nixx, the best GSF streamer at the time was here) second was The Bastion with Drak, Verain, Tune, Stasie(it was also propped up by the devs streaming from that server) third was The Harbinger with Flyboys & Ghost Squadron vs Despair & Gone Sithing(The first Ace & records threads were started by Harbinger people) after that was either Shadowlands or The Ebon Hawk who indeed had and continues to have some very impressive pilots.

Ebon Hawk was top dog for quite awhile until a lot of the pilots went mia. To say it wasn't "the place" for gsf especially at the beginning is naïve at best. I could sit here and write you a long list of pilots that were pretty good. No other server had that good of a collection of pilots on either side for the longest time. Not knocking other pilots from other servers. To further prove that, most of the forum gsf talk was about Ebon Hawk.

If you guys can get both sides slugging at each other like the days of old, more power to you. Would like to see it happen again as a vet of the old Saberwing vs Eclipse Squadron wars.

We have been getting some very, VERY nice matches lately that are almost impossible to predict at launch. Tactics are coming back in vogue, lots of chatter at pre-launch discussing the attack plan, and I ain't been in a match yet that wasn't a total blast win or lose.

We're not back to ES v. Saber yet. But it is starting to feel a lot like it did waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, when a bunch of roleplaying yahoos decided to go smash themselves into asteroids and die laughing in the process.

It's good to be home again. :)

Actually, in the beginning, most of the forum talk was coming from POT5 Black vs Death Squadrons(Nixx, the best GSF streamer at the time was here) second was The Bastion with Drak, Verain, Tune, Stasie(it was also propped up by the devs streaming from that server) third was The Harbinger with Flyboys & Ghost Squadron vs Despair & Gone Sithing(The first Ace & records threads were started by Harbinger people) after that was either Shadowlands or The Ebon Hawk who indeed had and continues to have some very impressive pilots.

If you say so, but one thing's been bothering me ever since you showed up angry on another thread - I don't remember YOU at all.

I was Siddain/Sidenti/Calteru/Kalteru/Dainan. I've flown over 3,000 matches across the few years we've been up, and I don't recall seeing anyone by the name of "Lendul" or even a guild called "Grace By Faith". Do you fly?

If you say so, but one thing's been bothering me ever since you showed up angry on another thread - I don't remember YOU at all.

Maybe the ability to retain knowledge is not a strength for you, not sure. My best guess is you did most of your flying on TEH and don't know much outside of it.

As far as being angry goes, I have no idea what you are talking about. Me disagreeing with you doesn't mean I am angry, it just means I do not agree with your opinion and am willing to support my own.

Edited by Lendul