[VIDEO] Carnage Marauder pvp guide, with commentary

darthnish

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers bro !

indeed you must, very underrated spec, i want to see more marauders running this purely cause my alts love the predation xD

Also update, Part 3 is in the works and slated to be finished by Friday ^^

Really looking forward to this. I do not have a youtube account, but I will try to remember to create one so I can give you props there too.

Really looking forward to this. I do not have a youtube account, but I will try to remember to create one so I can give you props there too.

your wish is my command!

part 3 <3

i finished this earlier than expected cause my mate who plays vanguard well isnt resubbing till Christmas ]: so i thought id just put out what i had already instead of waiting for him

Edited by darthnish

Darthnish, I enjoyed watching that. Thank you. I have found myself doing a lot of what you suggested in the earlier part of video 3. I tend to hang around the fringes and move in when I sense a kill. Mobility seems to be the spec's strength--something I was not practicing with Watchman/Annihilation.

I have been trying to burst the sorcerer bubble at range. It is getting easier. Best advice for me to date.

Great video. I will create an account and subscribe by Sunday.

Thank you.

Darthnish, I enjoyed watching that. Thank you. I have found myself doing a lot of what you suggested in the earlier part of video 3. I tend to hang around the fringes and move in when I sense a kill. Mobility seems to be the spec's strength--something I was not practicing with Watchman/Annihilation.

I have been trying to burst the sorcerer bubble at range. It is getting easier. Best advice for me to date.

Great video. I will create an account and subscribe by Sunday.

Thank you.

you flatter me good sir! thank you for your support ^^

in the vids you mention you use power augs, but your build looks like you use might. I'm currently struggling with pvp as a carnage mara with bm/wh gear - mostly bm. I really think carnage spec is amazing, but I think it only gets amazing when MOST of the gear you have is wh quality or so.

I have used this build almost religiously so far: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/5cd48d26-1023-401d-a166-527b62574fe8

I don't think this guy plays any more, but he was absolutely amazing. He popped 6k crits like it was nbd.

Oh and one last question. With ranked coms as hard as they are to get when pvping a carnage mara without a group, how do you suggest I purchase my mods. I need vindicator bonus set, but most of the vind. gear is worthless - i need mods that boost power, not crit/surg.

Edited by StoskStreen

in the vids you mention you use power augs, but your build looks like you use might. I'm currently struggling with pvp as a carnage mara with bm/wh gear - mostly bm. I really think carnage spec is amazing, but I think it only gets amazing when MOST of the gear you have is wh quality or so.

I have used this build almost religiously so far: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/5cd48d26-1023-401d-a166-527b62574fe8

I don't think this guy plays any more, but he was absolutely amazing. He popped 6k crits like it was nbd.

Oh and one last question. With ranked coms as hard as they are to get when pvping a carnage mara without a group, how do you suggest I purchase my mods. I need vindicator bonus set, but most of the vind. gear is worthless - i need mods that boost power, not crit/surg.

hi , ive always said str augs> power agus, if i mislead you in any way i apologize as for gear i would HIGHLY reccomend waiting till 1.6 for the cheapear WH gear and min max from there, i belive the WH weapon master top and boots hadsome good power mods and enchantments if you wanna farm those ^^

Hello Nish,

Thank you for the excellent video series. I watched Video #1 a few weeks ago but now when I re-watch I hear only music and no commentary. Is it just on my side or anyone else have this same issue?

Also, is there every a time to use viscious slash? I don't even have it on my bar, since it costs rage I don't use it, I use the 'freebie' filler move, can't think of the name atm.

Edited by Hatori_Hanzo
Addition

in reply to all your posts:

1) yes wh is cheaper in 1.6 same price as current BM gear

2) Yes massacre replaces VS

3) I also dont use VS at all except in pve only cause i want more buttons to press :p , but all mathematically a number crunch was made and the DPS of massacre and VS was found to be roughly equal, favoring massacre a little, but in pvp always always always use massacre, 100% ataru form strike> all

And as for the audio , i just rechecked it, the problem im getting is the audio is only coming off one speaker, quite weird, if i could get another person to check this for me id be grateful. ^^

EDIT: i would also like to add that you guys are awesome and thank you for your support

Edited by darthnish

I've found myself hardly using berserk, I normally just use bloodthirst or predation to help my team. Is this something I need to change?

P.s you shouldnt teach people how to ignore dodge/evasion. As an operative healer I prefer people wasting their burst :p

Edited by Riggz

I've found myself hardly using berserk, I normally just use bloodthirst or predation to help my team. Is this something I need to change?

P.s you shouldnt teach people how to ignore dodge/evasion. As an operative healer I prefer people wasting their burst :p

well using berserk is VERY situational, it gives you excellent rage management and tremendous burst, i pop it mostly on healers, and save the stacks for predation as you do.

Haha as for dodge for the longest time back in march i thought it was a super annoying skill! but then one time i force chocked someone and was like WAAAIIT A MINN yellow damage is awesome!

well using berserk is VERY situational, it gives you excellent rage management and tremendous burst, i pop it mostly on healers, and save the stacks for predation as you do.

Haha as for dodge for the longest time back in march i thought it was a super annoying skill! but then one time i force chocked someone and was like WAAAIIT A MINN yellow damage is awesome!

Haha well I for one don't like yellow damage XD

Yeah I think I'm going to start using it for healers when I'm trying to burn them. So far your vids have helped me tremendously! Gunslingers aren't an issue any longer, w/ camo for root removal and obfuscate. It's crazy there aren't many carnage players out there. Than again I didn't touch it untill I saw these videos lol

Haha well I for one don't like yellow damage XD

Yeah I think I'm going to start using it for healers when I'm trying to burn them. So far your vids have helped me tremendously! Gunslingers aren't an issue any longer, w/ camo for root removal and obfuscate. It's crazy there aren't many carnage players out there. Than again I didn't touch it untill I saw these videos lol

im glad i could help mate! keep popping that preddy , love it when i see a carnage mara on my team when im on my merc makes kiting smash monkeys a breeze

hello my lovlies, part 4 is done and rendering atm, it will be up in a couple of hours <3

A quick look on the topic:

I scratch the surface on how i play the marauder class,including stuff i think about , priorities, a few scenarios and finally what everyone has been asking for ROTATIONS

EDIT: FUUU o capped my bandwithdth ploading lol my net doenst get refreshed till tuesday, apologies thats prolly when youll see part 4

Edited by darthnish