Darth Thanaton (Spoilers)

DoctorWango

I am not sure how you are specced but i completed the final fight at level 48 heal specced.

All my fights are amazingly long with a heal sorcerer but i found i hardly ever die. when i do, its because i wasnt paying attention.

I use khem and keep him healed, burn my health for power and keep an eye out for free health burns when i have them. Throw in a DOT and a stun every time its needed and an AOE HOT on khem to keep him up while i am throwing a dot.

Its not an easy fight but very doable.Long but doable.

Fought him as tank spec with Talos healing, level 50 (it's too easy to level in this game so was already 50 most of the way through Corellia). Got him down to about 50%, apparently I slacked then as he somehow healed almost all the way back up, so I pushed through harder and he died. Still took only 1 try though.

I went in this at level 47, Madness spec, and thought it was a joke. Once you learn that all he does is cast Affliction Pit, followed by Revivification, it gets simple...

I agree with this assessment, i soloed it with talos as a 46 madness spec sin in lvl 40 pvp gear set, avoid his big casts and attack when you can get a clean line.... ended the fight with 98% health.:hope_06:

Edited by Ketsuekifujo

I agree with this assessment, i soloed it with talos as a 46 madness spec sin in lvl 40 pvp gear set, avoid his big casts and attack when you can get a clean line.... ended the fight with 98% health.:hope_06:

This! Finished Thanaton at level 46 on my first try without breaking a sweat. Don't understand what's the big deal about him.

To answer the OP's questoin in two words: Use Talos.

As for the guy who had 90% health remaining using Ashara, I find that very hard to believe.

Title isn't that much of a spoiler imo. As soon as you meet him in the story you know it's coming down to him being the final battle.

Edited by jkcheng

This! Finished Thanaton at level 46 on my first try without breaking a sweat. Don't understand what's the big deal about him.

McOriginal,

Some of us aren't as gud as u. You can prolly solo warzones and Ev/Karaga as levl 46. OP was talkin to the peeple who are normal plyers, not a suprstar like u. K, thnx. Also, can u post streems so we can see u in pve/pvp so we can lrn. When u r out of school, mebe this summr. Thnx. p.s. not sure what the big deal is about dis.

Edited by Genttry

I just took him down last night. Each fight only required one try. Khem was my meat shield, and I'm a 48 sorcy running a 3/18/18 build (pretty fun and sick AoE).

I'm far from an elite player, haven't even sniffed a warzone, and got my butt kicked the one time I dueled a friend.

Interrupt his big damages and/or heals, don't stand in fire, and keep Khem bubbled and healed. In between, burn the creep down.

McOriginal,

Some of us aren't as gud as u. You can prolly solo warzones and Ev/Karaga as levl 46. OP was talkin to the peeple who are normal plyers, not a suprstar like u. K, thnx. Also, can u post streems so we can see u in pve/pvp so we can lrn. When u r out of school, mebe this summr. Thnx. p.s. not sure what the big deal is about dis.

10ish?

I just took him down last night. Each fight only required one try. Khem was my meat shield, and I'm a 48 sorcy running a 3/18/18 build (pretty fun and sick AoE).

I'm far from an elite player, haven't even sniffed a warzone, and got my butt kicked the one time I dueled a friend.

Interrupt his big damages and/or heals, don't stand in fire, and keep Khem bubbled and healed. In between, burn the creep down.

I think most of the people that struggled in this fight are Assassins. Sorcerers should be fine.

Was this impossibly hard for anyone else? I interrupt when ever its off cooldown, and i dodge his force storm when ever he is channeling it, yet i only get him to 60% health and i die. It's very obnoxious the 4th time around.

yeah when I did this I was having some problems as well, since I´m Assassin I was often caught in his AOE and I couldn´t manage the fight very well after he was imune to inturrupts. what you want to do is to place your healing companion in the doorway so he doesn´t take damage. ( you have to electricute (30m) Thanaton from the door so you dont have to walk up to him (if not your companion follows you up close) After I did that, it wasn´t a problem at all since my companion could just focus on healing me instead of us both.

Hope you understood and if it was of any help at all :p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
in Assassin at Dark Council quest seems like a bug as I cant interrupt any of Thanaton spells as i can get it first then after my companion is dead I can interrupt again but not between for some reason as I use those interrupts

as a sorc you have 4 interrupts

Jolt

Overload

Electrocute

Whirlwind (heals him though)

as sin you have a 5th with spike

use jolt first, then one of the others to delay his cast until jolt is available again. you can delay interrupting him until 0.5 sec left of his cast to allow the extra few seconds for something else to come off cooldown

I did this fight as 46 with my sorc with Xalek and did it first time without a sweat

as sin, I had to level up to 47 with Treek to do enough damage to kill him in time.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this was a glitch or not but I just finished it in seconds as a level 46 lightning - here's the scoop:

As soon as the fight started, I ran to the doorway that you come in from to get some distance to start my rotation and noticed he was pounding the crap outta poor Treek. I hit the passive button to stop Treek from fighting and bring her over to me. Thanaton rushed over to violate me in ways probably unimaginable. Just then the 2 Sith standing guard at the door intercept Thanaton and commence to giving him a nice vigorous beat down. I never even got hit once and never even finished my rotation - those two boys opened the biggest can of whoop-*** I had ever witnessed on this game. All I had to do was talk to him to finish the sequence at that point.

I was thrilled and disappointed at the same time - but it was enough to get me to come here and make my first post.

Hope it works for the rest of you - like I mentioned, I'm not sure if its a glitch and I'm not about to roll another Sorc just to find out - hope someone else finds this useful.

I'm lv 42 and got my butt handed to me.

I'm clearly doing something wrong.

he is lvl 50........try again

was a sorc spec lightning lvl 48, had no problem with Ashara, he is like every Boss in any class story, interrupt there main skills and that's all