Top 5 PvP Guilds on Shadowlands

RyanReagan

Balls have nothing to do with it. No matter how skilled a player you are, if you go against someone else of similar skill-level you WILL lose if you're playing an inferior class/spec. Why would anyone want to put themselves or their team at such a disadvantage? Just so you can be like "Yeah, you beat me, but you're playing a more viable PVP spec/class so you have no balls!"? That's just asinine.

This is true...

I personally prefer advanced prototype over pyro but for PVP it's just more practical to use pyro. It's really not the player's fault, it's up to BW to balance out the classes and find a means to make each spec viable in PVP which isnt' easy.

Also, with the way resolve works now, I frequently feel like the only reason my jugg is useful in a WZ is due to that one op rage smash I get to do before I'm chained stunned to death. If I'm lucky, I get a second one off.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I play a gunnery commando, and I *really* can't fault teams for wanting to run with an assault vanguard or smasher instead, no matter how well I try and play. The objective is to win, not carry some underpowered class.

Now here's hoping things are shaken up at least a little bit in 2.0. Electro net looks fun for focusing called targets.

I don't do ranked but ... I always see the same type of premades (classes and specs).

In my opinion, to be good in pvp, you have to win using not common specs.

How many premades have Healing Mercs/Commandos, Juyo Sentinels/Marauders, AP/Assault Powertech/Vanguards?

You always see Pyro/Assault, Focus/Rage, Bubble Sorcs, Deception/Infiltration.

Grow some balls and play something else.

hmm lets see in a rated warzone

healing commandos are going to die once they get focused

juyo sentinels will get cleansed and do very low damage

people arent going to eat pulse cannon in a rated match if you're a tactics vanguard

and thats pvp in swtor right now

Edited by bigheadbrandon

Wanna hear something funny?

I've seen one of the "good" guilds form two groups of four and queue at the same time, trying to get on the same warzone in the same team.

I've seen this happen 5 times. Too much for a coincidence. I don't think they do rated.

No no, the halarious thing is 3 of those "top 5" guilds have mysteriously had incidents where

A: There stats don't match their gear.

B: An entire enemy team has crashed right before their defeat.

C: Continuous sprinting while in combat.

D: Been able to outrun force speed classes while out of combat running in a strait line

And my personal favorite

F: Have had multiple reports filed against them and mysteriously lose members when anti-cheating measures are taken.

As for the two that don't engage in activities of a "questionable" nature, good show and always a pleasure to duke it out.

No no, the halarious thing is 3 of those "top 5" guilds have mysteriously had incidents where

A: There stats don't match their gear.

B: An entire enemy team has crashed right before their defeat.

C: Continuous sprinting while in combat.

D: Been able to outrun force speed classes while out of combat running in a strait line

And my personal favorite

F: Have had multiple reports filed against them and mysteriously lose members when anti-cheating measures are taken.

As for the two that don't engage in activities of a "questionable" nature, good show and always a pleasure to duke it out.

Cool story bro.

To be honest, the few times I have seen things that were dodgy, none of those guilds were involved, pretty much every time it has been what @#&*en guild is that.

And to be honest I have seen enough Physics / ID people queu solo or with 2 and be on the wrong side of a face roll and stick it to the end to assume they would not do this kind of thing, unless they did not want to play the game. People need to stop making excuses for their losing warzones, the same allegations were made against top guilds on all servers before the merge, either man up or screen shot/video or it didn't happen. While ranked may be different in 1-4 pvp runs, it is always interesting to see what you are up against, I just wish there were more tight warzones now days but there are so many poor pvpers playing now days, with the stabilizer price they cant still be playing for stabs can they?

Who is Kraiden, only gunslingers I knew who really pvped a lot were Wesson and Wyatt (back from original Corellian run server).

^^^

Sweet reply homes. (Obviously identified himself in one of those guilds)

For your amusement here is who I am, I was a founder on Giradda the Hutt and one of the first people to recieve BM gear, a SWG player on Radiant server in guild OWI, and just to nail it in, someone who got his rear handed to him for the first 2 months of the game in pvp as two guilds (who are no longer here as BW banned their accounts for cheating in anti-hacking mesaures in march) decided they were the "BEST" on server just like the currently listed.

Now as for the MAN UP challenge, I do have the vid, which I sent into BW and have ongoing ticket investigations. Problem is these peeps always seem to show up under new IP's, new accounts, and new names a few months later. Face the facts man, the best usually cheat to get to be the best. Wanna prove you are the best, STOP playing in pug game general WZ and stay in ranked. Or are we really calling guilds that do (as mentioned above) que at coordinated times to get 8 players on their team while at best 4 from same guild on opposing team, the "BEST"

--Peace--

Edited by KraidenDove

^^^

For your amusement here is who I am, I was a founder on Giradda the Hutt and one of the first people to recieve BM gear, a SWG player on Radiant server in guild OWI, and just to nail it in, someone who got his rear handed to him for the first 2 months of the game in pvp as two guilds (who are no longer here as BW banned their accounts for cheating in anti-hacking mesaures in march) decided they were the "BEST" on server just like the currently listed.

Now as for the MAN UP challenge, I do have the vid, which I sent into BW and have ongoing ticket investigations. Problem is these peeps always seem to show up under new IP's, new accounts, and new names a few months later. Face the facts man, the best usually cheat to get to be the best. Wanna prove you are the best, STOP playing in pug game general WZ and stay in ranked. Or are we really calling guilds that do (as mentioned above) que at coordinated times to get 8 players on their team while at best 4 from same guild on opposing team, the "BEST"

--Peace--

Actually "homes" I come from a pub guild, "Bad Motivator Units", we still have a few active pvpers, however within the guild only 5, that I would be comfortable bringing into a ranked warzone.

BTW Grats on winning the lucky box prize back in January 2012 with the BM gear, getting the BM tokens was always a pain in the @#&* back in the day, present system is 100x better however too easy to get war hero gear IMO. So you are accusing the current guilds on the server of being the cheaters you were up against months ago?

I never made claims to being the best, I just don't like people calling others of cheating, and then not backing up their claims, and from what I can see this being your first post on server forums being to call someone out for cheating very interesting way to make yourself known.

And actually a lot of reasons why threads like this happen is they are trying to encourage people to form groups to go against them (as well as the obvious ego trip to themselves). I remember when the first server merge happened and IT hammered many members of the current top guilds and started a similar thread. While it was not the thread itself, it was the fact the A team of IT was much better than the A-teams of other guilds that made other guilds better, most notably ID.

Link your proof videos here and I am sure some people will watch them before they get deleted.

Yeah I play a gunnery commando, and I *really* can't fault teams for wanting to run with an assault vanguard or smasher instead, no matter how well I try and play. The objective is to win, not carry some underpowered class.

Now here's hoping things are shaken up at least a little bit in 2.0. Electro net looks fun for focusing called targets.

Ya......... If 2.0 stays the way it is now I just going to quit. electro net is kinda suckish imo anyway. And the Mando buffs really cant compare with all the new changes, but meh maybe I was just on a ton of bad teams:(

^^^

--Peace--

im from Giradda the Hutt "homes" and i would very much like to know your toons name from their with that "one of first to BM" claims because i personally was guilded with the first 2 people to have it

2.0 plays awesome.

in my personal experience i find 2.0 to be pretty frustrating to play as an operative healer, but I think this is most likely because the players are a bit more competent than the average player I'm used to playing in pugs and I'm actually getting focused.

I do like basically all the class changes they have made however. Each class really brings something to the table now and nothing strikes me as inherently over or under powered anymore.

Edited by thesadplanet

Wanna hear something funny?

I've seen one of the "good" guilds form two groups of four and queue at the same time, trying to get on the same warzone in the same team.

I've seen this happen 5 times. Too much for a coincidence. I don't think they do rated.

the list isn't to be taken serious. also this post is old as dirt.

in my personal experience i find 2.0 to be pretty frustrating to play as an operative healer, but I think this is most likely because the players are a bit more competent than the average player I'm used to playing in pugs and I'm actually getting focused.

I do like basically all the class changes they have made however. Each class really brings something to the table now and nothing strikes me as inherently over or under powered anymore.

Yeah, you have to figure that the people testing the stuff are the more competitively minded players. Bob the pug who has alacrity as a vanguard tank is much less likely to jump on the PTS let alone bother to understand how the stats in the game currently work. Good news for bob however, alacrity is important to all classes.

Edit: Also, if you haven't take a look at lethality as an op. It's a lot of fun now and the damage is hellishly good. It got a lot of goodies anyway and will be one of a few tank busters.

Edited by Ryvirath

Yeah, you have to figure that the people testing the stuff are the more competitively minded players. Bob the pug who has alacrity as a vanguard tank is much less likely to jump on the PTS let alone bother to understand how the stats in the game currently work. Good news for bob however, alacrity is important to all classes.

Edit: Also, if you haven't take a look at lethality as an op. It's a lot of fun now and the damage is hellishly good. It got a lot of goodies anyway and will be one of a few tank busters.

Not sure I like the Commando changes, but I really haven't had a chance to play with it yet either. The main thing I wanted back was my Cryo Grenade at 30m. Snipers laugh at my candy arm. :(

I was more worried about the Sent/Marauder changes to the middle tree. When I'm on mine, thats the tree I like to play. I realize the 30% alacrity is about the same at it was as far as the CD is concerned, but hows the focus without the cost reduction? Does the regen rate from alacrity cover it?

Loved 2.0 on my Concealment OP though. He will definately be getting more playtime.

2.0 plays awesome.

Not for me:( my probe still sucks I got a very minor aoe heal boost my knockback heal is hardly useful in pvp they nerfed my alacrity =/ I have to take a 2 useless points to get the *upgraded trauma probe* . They made a talent that used to be 1 point 3 points just to get my extra crit from having combat cell on. The new Adreniline rush is horrible imo b/c it works around being at 30% hp and thats when other classes start doing more damage...My main thing is that I still get intterupted like crazy, even more so like Rav said b/c the majority is really good. All hold the line does is let me run away to heal myself not even a teamate. So far electro net has been horrible for me anytime I use it someone just uses they're cc breaker. What really crushed my heart was that mandos still cant compare in overall healing to operatives and sages(even with the nerf to bubble) I was in a voidstar and did 997k healing yay for me...I go to check the other 3 healers and all of them r over 1.5 mill:confused: a sage did 1.7 and the scoundrel did 1.6 on the other team while the sage on my team did 1.5. The stupid part is that I died the most out of all of them.... and it just felt like its got even worse for me in the fact that pvp healing needs to be more mobile and has no place for semi tankish heals..........so ya I dont like 2.0 for my mando ofc im prob not doing somthing right, but I hate it so far:(

Also I'm not sure but I hope that the expertise is bugged for healing b/c im at 1950 expertise and I only have 19% healing bonus while my damage bonus is around 56-58%

Not for me:( my probe still sucks I got a very minor aoe heal boost my knockback heal is hardly useful in pvp they nerfed my alacrity =/ I have to take a 2 useless points to get the *upgraded trauma probe* . They made a talent that used to be 1 point 3 points just to get my extra crit from having combat cell on. The new Adreniline rush is horrible imo b/c it works around being at 30% hp and thats when other classes start doing more damage...My main thing is that I still get intterupted like crazy, even more so like Rav said b/c the majority is really good. All hold the line does is let me run away to heal myself not even a teamate. So far electro net has been horrible for me anytime I use it someone just uses they're cc breaker. What really crushed my heart was that mandos still cant compare in overall healing to operatives and sages(even with the nerf to bubble) I was in a voidstar and did 997k healing yay for me...I go to check the other 3 healers and all of them r over 1.5 mill:confused: a sage did 1.7 and the scoundrel did 1.6 on the other team while the sage on my team did 1.5. The stupid part is that I died the most out of all of them.... and it just felt like its got even worse for me in the fact that pvp healing needs to be more mobile and has no place for semi tankish heals..........so ya I dont like 2.0 for my mando ofc im prob not doing somthing right, but I hate it so far:(

Also I'm not sure but I hope that the expertise is bugged for healing b/c im at 1950 expertise and I only have 19% healing bonus while my damage bonus is around 56-58%

Well the commando more then any other class is a sister class. It relies on a team supporting their weaknesses (dps needs peeling and space/heals needs a guard), but they can perform and with the patch outperform as long as their role requisites are met. In the case of a healer it requires a tank and is the best suited to be tanked for (natural mitigation plus spot tankiness is off the charts). I mean you've seen what we can do when I put a guard on you and your heals are typically in the 750-850 range, which is just a smidge below what a scoundrel/sorc will typically put out. By a smidge I mean roughly 100 hps. Competitively speaking (ranked), a guard/merc is perfectly viable. It still needs some up tweaks I think, but it's not that bad off.

Edit: The damage bonus cancels with the damage reduction on expertise so two people at 1950 expertise would deal 0% extra damage and mitigate 0% more damage. Net effect, nothing. Heals isn't mitigated.

Edited by Ryvirath

Ya......... If 2.0 stays the way it is now I just going to quit. electro net is kinda suckish imo anyway. And the Mando buffs really cant compare with all the new changes, but meh maybe I was just on a ton of bad teams:(

I'm really getting disheartened by the 2.0 changes for mandos so far. Electro net is ok, but the cooldown is too long. Hold The Line is great, but even better on PTs/VGs, and it feels like some of the other classes just pulled further ahead than us.

This is not a miracle fix patch. Except maybe for sage healers. Wow.

Edited by Jherad