What class does the highest dps in pve?

Blumpkn

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pyrotech powertechs - these either have huge damage or some bugs with agro because they always agro everything off me unless I put a guard on them. Mercs do very good damage with magic missiles but arent as effective if a lot of movement is required. Everyone else arent worth mentioning (or I havent met good ones, anyway combat log is required).

I play a PT dps, and I really do think I would be topping meters against others in my guild, even though I am in mostly mid range pvp/pve gear. And we do have some highly geared pve players.

People are talking about combat logs like they are going to be added. Has Bioware said this?

I have got the feeling they hide a lot about their game on purpose.

We had them at one time in beta and upon their removal when questioned they said they'd be back. But that was a long time ago, too. They made a blog post about wanting to give us more tools but it was pretty vague as to what, exactly.

Sniper / Gunslinger

Operative / Scoundrel

Marauder / Sentinel

Feel confident in that top 3 order, everything else is pretty even as far as DPS specs go.

Op/Sco has the higher upfront damage but sniper specs have long term consistency and less CD's or positioning requirements.

This guy knows absolutely nothing. Ignore him. Just the fact that he mentioned Operative/Scoundrel who have the worst DPS in PvE in the entire game is just laughable.

Highest PvE DPS goes to Mercenary/Commando and Sorcerer/Sage.

Edited by stephenjohnp

This guy knows absolutely nothing. Ignore him. Just the fact that he mentioned Operative/Scoundrel who have the worst DPS in PvE in the entire game is just laughable.

Highest PvE DPS goes to Mercenary/Commando and Sorcerer/Sage.

This guy knows absolutely nothing. Ignore him. Just the fact that he mentioned Sorcerer/Sage who have the worst DPS in PvE in the entire game is just laughable.

Highest PvE DPS goes to Mercenary/Commando and Operative/Scoundrel

See what I did there?

Not sure about the rest of the post, but as a tank I can tell you what's hardest to hold agro on.

Commando without a doubt ranks first. It's a constant struggle,even when I have guard on. Taunt is my best friend when running with ours.

Second would be gs, or sage.

It's not even close to how hard it is to hold agro with the commando though. I swear it's like they have some built in high threat moves or something. Not sure as mine is only 30 and I don't really get to play him. The one time I've run with a dps jk it was nothing at all.

That doesn't help, and everything is anecdotal at this point. Once they put in meters though I wouldn't be surprised at all if they show commando at the top.

Also is it just me or is there not really any melee dps left in the game. I never see any melee dps anymore. Well, not "any" I saw one a few days ago. Mostly though it's all commandos/smugglers with a few sages thrown in. I imagine that's because most fights seem very unfriendly to melee. Maybe it's just easier with commandos because they don't need to crouch/take cover and they can move while firing. Most of the ones I've played with have said they never have any problems with ammo either.

100% Arsenal Merc or Gunnery Commando in first and it isn't close either. This is particularly true in operations with multiple Mercs/Commandos as Heatseeker Missiles/Demolition Round bonus damage scales off of every Heat Signature/Gravity Vortex stack on the boss, not just your own. The next class I would say is a good Vengeance Juggernaut/Vigilance Guardian as they do exceptional direct damage combined with steady DoT along with very good resource sustainability, unlike some other dps classes such as Sorcs/Sages which for long fights have serious resource constraint.

100% Arsenal Merc or Gunnery Commando in first and it isn't close either. This is particularly true in operations with multiple Mercs/Commandos as Heatseeker Missiles/Demolition Round bonus damage scales off of every Heat Signature/Gravity Vortex stack on the boss, not just your own. The next class I would say is a good Vengeance Juggernaut/Vigilance Guardian as they do exceptional direct damage combined with steady DoT along with very good resource sustainability, unlike some other dps classes such as Sorcs/Sages which for long fights have serious resource constraint.

I'm sorry what?

I'm not sure about the Masdness spec on Sorc but i'm currently speccd lightning on my sorc for raiding and I NEVER EVER run out of resources for casting. There are so many built in mechanics for light sorcs so that you gain more force and so your skills require less force. On a very long fight i believe sorcs will come out on top because of this. But we suck for healing because on long fights the heals eat our mana incredibly quick.

If what you're saying is true about the debuff stacking that would make it useful for every class as it's just an armor debuff not a grav round buff.

Sniper/Gunslinger I think has the highest burst DPS, but you will blow all CDs to do so and get low on resources.

No, you won't. Posting to confirm that the best rotations for sharpshooter/marksman are energy stable and appear to offer the highest sustained DPS when they have good weapons.

Sage and commando are less gear dependent but with good gear and good rotations gunslingers are absolute beasts.

Edited by dcgregorya

I play a PT dps, and I really do think I would be topping meters against others in my guild, even though I am in mostly mid range pvp/pve gear. And we do have some highly geared pve players.

I feel the same way on my tactics vanguard, especial in the aoe damage sense, get a full stack of prototype flamethrower/pulse generator, pop a power relic+power stim and ive done 9k damage to everything (around 9k damage, 3k per tick (all crits, does not happen a lot but when it does, everything just melts, even none crits it is still a lot of damage)) that alone is why my guild likes to have me as dps, fast aoe mob cleanup hehe.

Edited by BardaTheHobo

...Heatseeker Missiles/Demolition Round bonus damage scales off of every Heat Signature/Gravity Vortex stack on the boss, not just your own...

Wow, really? As in it will scale over a stack of 5 or it just stacks to 5 really quickly?

Wow, really? As in it will scale over a stack of 5 or it just stacks to 5 really quickly?

Every arsenal BH gets their own stack and it counts them all. The more there are, they more they all do.

It won't last, of course, you can bet that it'll get fixed ASAP once BioWare realizes it and can spare a moment for something non-PvP.

This guy knows absolutely nothing. Ignore him. Just the fact that he mentioned Sorcerer/Sage who have the worst DPS in PvE in the entire game is just laughable.

Highest PvE DPS goes to Mercenary/Commando and Operative/Scoundrel

See what I did there?

Words cannot describe how retarded you are right now, Hybrid sorcerer/sage IS a massive contender for highest dps in game. Dont post if you dont know what you are on about, operative/scoundrel do not have highest dps they are infact in the lowest dps bracket in PvE due to their inability to sustain dps like the other classes mentioned. Ape of the day!

No log, no number, no evidence - this thread is speculation.

That being said, I will admit I have an impression based on the following:

I have played through the game and have a lvl 50 Commando - Gunnery (Assault Cannon).

Currently I am playing through the game with a Jedi-Sage.

My impression is that the Commando has higher BURST DPS than the Sage, but I easily sustain fire for longer with my Sage than with my Commando.

Sage has better AOE as well. The Forcequake you can fire continuously and keep most mobs essentially incapable of fighting back while they bounce around.

Again single target the Commando seems to be able to do more damager-per-second until you burn down your ammo, wheras for longer fights I feel the Sage is better since it can keep up constant fire without running out of "juice".

Largely I feel I go through mobs faster with my Tank Companion + Sage than with my Healer Companion + Commando combo, but it's very subjective.

I haven't played the other classes, so I won't even speculate.

Its down to what you are fighting alot of the time.

In no real order i would say BH Sorc Mara and Sniper have the best Dps i can not say who can do the most out of them but they seem to be the guys dealing the most none stop damage over time.

Why i can't say who deals the most i can say pick any of them 4 and you are sure to be more than able to deal good dps at end game if you spend time to get good gear.

once again without logs we cannot know.

I feel pretty confidant though that in real operations as they are designed so far, the best three (in no particular order) are maras, snipers, mercs. And they are followed by sorcs and assassins.

From my experience operatives also have excellent dps BUT because of 0 mobility (no sprint, no charge) and low survivability (compared to the cds of the rest of the mdps: maras, assassins, pts, juggs) and most bosses mechanics (aoe knockbacks, melee unfriendly, need to jump to adds, etc) they have huge downtimes that really screw up their dps.

Edited by Shroudveil

DPS can be checked on 4 boss in EV.

You know the HP of the mob your killing and if you use a stopwatch at the same time you can calculate afterwords.

[HP on mob]/[Time(s)] = DPS

On this boss encounter you only have to watch your roatation so if you manage that you should get a good indicator of your DPS.

Calculation that should be taken into consideration:

Classes that can give you a DPS buff for a certain ammount of time.

This still isn't accurate for some classes. For instance, I raid with an Assassin. Since this encounter means having aggro on the mob, I cannot use positional attacks. Maul is a very big part of the Deception tree's damage. I can still manage just fine, but my damage will not be ideal.