New forums

Foxcolt

Are terribly hard to read :(

Try adding some visual separation between the forum posts please...

While there is a slight separation of black vs gray, it's hard to see and I agree the forums look very cluttered now. The two colors pretty much blend together on my monitor. Also, white or yellow on black is murder on your eyes for long periods of reading.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, white or yellow on black is murder on your eyes for long periods of reading.

Yup - which is why I've made it a habit to simply "mark" everything so the text gets white....

Shouldn't have to do that.

Give us TWO options of forum colors - please :)

Examples:

What I see every time I access the forums: http://content.screencast.com/users/Tikigod/folders/Jing/media/ca7568e9-6221-4ac2-9da3-61ad7fe7f24c/2012-04-17_1746.png

How far I have to scroll down through the enlarged images and small handful of initial super links just to get to the forum section overview: http://content.screencast.com/users/Tikigod/folders/Jing/media/5516ff0a-c434-4328-b691-3ca56be6ee49/2012-04-17_1747.png

I am liking the new style itself.... but certain aspects of the design just feel counter intuitive from a perspective of navigation and quick access to where you need (or rather want) to go.

Front page suffers the same problem, all the top news uses to be expandable and collapsible... now it's a whole scroll down the page affair, but with a fancy Javascript/PHP slide show at the top for marketing.

Edited by Tikigit

I don't like the change either. They're harder to read now and, what's worse, the combination of the dev font color and the current background hurts the eyes (not aesthetically, but literally).

Easy fix: let us choose which design we want to use (old or new one), via our account config. It shouldn't be that hard to do so, if the website/forums are properly implemented.

Cheers.

Edited by Lethemback

I hate it. No frames, background merges with everything, the grey/silver colour is ugly and it's hard to read anything. I think I'll be visiting the forums less often, to some people it may be a good thing. Edited by Yakito

My biggest complain is that the new layout and color scheme is hard on my eyes. Like...literally difficult for my eyes to adjust and read. I can feel the strain in them as I read over this very thread.

I think the color scheme is way too dark and the layout does not focus your eyes where they are supposed to go, which is the first thing you learn in any college design course. All this frameless/borderless stuff is terrible on the eyes.

I agree with this. I am finding it difficult to read these new forums, this is just not agreeing with my eyes at all

I don't like the change either. They're harder to read now and, what's worse, the combination of the dev font color and the current background hurts the eyes (not aesthetically, but literally).

Easy fix: let us choose which design we want to use (old or new one), via our account config. It shouldn't be that hard to do so, if the website/forums are properly implemented.

Cheers.

Agreed, why there isn't an option to choose between the two I'm not sure. I'd understand if this were a completely new forum system (eg: Warhammer Online's change of forums), but it isn't.

I bet this is why ranked WZ's were delayed..cuz y'know they had to get this new snazzy website up and running!

THANKS BIOWARE.. GOOD LOOKIN OUT BRAH

Oh grow up.

The WZ's ranking system was bugged...and the team who works on web content is TOTALLY different than the team that designs in game content.

seriously, you people will ***** about free money

Actually, we're giving our opinion/constructive criticism on the change. And it's a fact that some parts of the new forums and website are bad (with all due respect to whoever designed it). The old design wasn't the 8th marvel, but at least it was easy to read.

Also, a minor complaint that I could add is that it feels less starwarsy than the old one, and that it resembles A LOT the WoW's one :D

Cheers.

Oh grow up.

The WZ's ranking system was bugged...and the team who works on web content is TOTALLY different than the team that designs in game content.

let me troll in peace..don't come in here with your "sense" and "logic" and stuff...

btw wz ranking system wasn't bugged...it was the queuing system they had issues with, if ranked WZ's would have gone live ranked teams of 8 would have been paired up with pug's queuing for regular wz's.

I have to agree somewhat with the OP...the fact that every other post is not distinguished from the rest of the page has a kind of unsettling effect on the eyes. A simple black border around the lighter colored posts would solve this problem.

Also on a functional note...if we are not logged in and click reply...then go about logging in, the site should take us to the post box to reply to the thread we intended to, not make us navigate all the way back via the Community menu.

I like the new look, only issue I have with it is that when the page loads, my cursor is automatically placed in the search box, so I can't scroll the page with arrow keys without first clicking outside of the box.