Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

Slowpokeking

Not really, they showed Yoda's incredible power on numerous occasions... They showed windu as a complete ****** in anything he did...

Sidious grunted, was slammed, Kicked in the face and yelped multiple times in that fight.

Besides, any fight involving Sidious likely involved Lucas as well...

I don't know, I think even now we're underestimating Maul... If you look at it closely, you understand he'd be able to stand against Sidious for a bit, which he did, and of course we all know Maul was fuelled by rage very well, and Sidious just killed his only family....

Ok maybe not everyone, but some characters were shown to being watered down. Sidious, Obi-Wan, even Maul at a time...those are the only ones that come to mind...oh Anakin too as I recall.

It wasn't a constant thing, it varied but they were watered down at points.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok maybe not everyone, but some characters were shown to being watered down. Sidious, Obi-Wan, even Maul at a time...those are the only ones that come to mind...oh Anakin too as I recall.

It wasn't a constant thing, it varied but they were watered down at points.

Not really for Anakin, he controlled the Son and the Daughter...

Kenobi held off two Incredible duelists, showing his skill...

Maul maybe, the only one who I'd say he was watered down against was Pre Vizla, but really, the guy had a Lightsaber, Rockets, Jetpack, Flamethrower, grenades and little Skin Shredders... And he still lost.

Sidious we can't really tell, because he Fought like once... But he choked people while lifting a hand once and casually walking and taking a speeder. Then Choking someone he can't even see, pretty decent :p

Not really for Anakin, he controlled the Son and the Daughter...

Kenobi held off two Incredible duelists, showing his skill...

Maul maybe, the only one who I'd say he was watered down against was Pre Vizla, but really, the guy had a Lightsaber, Rockets, Jetpack, Flamethrower, grenades and little Skin Shredders... And he still lost.

Sidious we can't really tell, because he Fought like once... But he choked people while lifting a hand once and casually walking and taking a speeder. Then Choking someone he can't even see, pretty decent :p

I said at certain TIMES....they were watered down, yes Anakin was as was Obi-Wan and Maul def was against Vizla....Sidious may have only fought once but previous feats show him greater than what he showed.

Anakin was watered down when fighting Barriss....ya that fight shouldn't have even lasted as long as it did.

Obi-Wan getting beat by a thug?....What? Don't even start me on his fight with Vizla that was laughable.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I said at certain TIMES....they were watered down, yes Anakin was as was Obi-Wan and Maul def was against Vizla....Sidious may have only fought once but previous feats show him greater than what he showed.

Anakin was watered down when fighting Barriss....ya that fight shouldn't have even lasted as long as it did.

Obi-Wan getting beat by a thug?....What? Don't even start me on his fight with Vizla that was laughable.

He Beat Vizla didn't he? He only got beat when 3 mandos tossed 3 heat seeking missiles at them.

Agreed on Barriss, but it had to be a decent fight, and while it lasted a while, Anakin was constantly on top and never had any trouble.

I get what you mean about watered down, but that ENTIRE Arc was very true to the character's power, as was a lot of the show. If you look in depth at the actual show, you realise most fights where characters are "watered down" they're constantly on top.

He Beat Vizla didn't he? He only got beat when 3 mandos tossed 3 heat seeking missiles at them.

Agreed on Barriss, but it had to be a decent fight, and while it lasted a while, Anakin was constantly on top and never had any trouble.

I get what you mean about watered down, but that ENTIRE Arc was very true to the character's power, as was a lot of the show. If you look in depth at the actual show, you realise most fights where characters are "watered down" they're constantly on top.

It looked to me that Barriss gave Anakin quite some trouble, kicking him, force pushing, disarming and so forth. But yeah...I know.

Yes Obi-Wan did beat Vizla, but just the fight itself Obi-Wan should have just speedblitzed him or taken the saber from him with a force pull or even just restrained him using the force. But then again...wouldn't have been as entertaining...but still.

In regards to the watered down topic. I need only point to everyone's favorite cyborg General...

A good point. Though seriously, I'm not sure what to think....

Someone repeatedly watered down like that was most likely intended by Lucas to be like that originally...

Lucas and Filoni met almost weekly according to Filoni, in person or on Skype, to discuss episode plans, the way the series is heading, and Character developments... I don't think George would let him water down Grevious if it wasn't intended, however it's always so hard to tell.

In the movies there's obvious signs that he's meant to be a coward, he sent Magnaguards after Kenobi and Skywalker, then after Kenobi... Because he was afraid to face them.

Maybe he was meant to be like this, *shrug*

It looked to me that Barriss gave Anakin quite some trouble, kicking him, force pushing, disarming and so forth. But yeah...I know.

Yes Obi-Wan did beat Vizla, but just the fight itself Obi-Wan should have just speedblitzed him or taken the saber from him with a force pull or even just restrained him using the force. But then again...wouldn't have been as entertaining...but still.

I think part of the Vizla fight was that Vizla openly challenged him to a duel, one on one, and openly remarked how the Blade itself was the death of Many Jedi.

Maybe to prove it to himself, or Satine, that he could take Vizla, but yes, entertainment value. It's the little things you have to look for in the fights...

A good point. Though seriously, I'm not sure what to think....

Someone repeatedly watered down like that was most likely intended by Lucas to be like that originally...

Lucas and Filoni met almost weekly according to Filoni, in person or on Skype, to discuss episode plans, the way the series is heading, and Character developments... I don't think George would let him water down Grevious if it wasn't intended, however it's always so hard to tell.

In the movies there's obvious signs that he's meant to be a coward, he sent Magnaguards after Kenobi and Skywalker, then after Kenobi... Because he was afraid to face them.

Maybe he was meant to be like this, *shrug*

He was meant to be the moustache twirling western villain. A coward that does some bad stuff and flees.

The EU changed him into a bloodthirsty, genocidal, homicidal vessel of pure awesomeness. Needless to say that I prefer that version.

He was meant to be the moustache twirling western villain. A coward that does some bad stuff and flees.

The EU changed him into a bloodthirsty, genocidal, homicidal vessel of pure awesomeness. Needless to say that I prefer that version.

I must admit, the TCW 2003 version of him, killing 6 Jedi at once, 3 of whom Jedi Council members was pretty ******.

Perhaps Filoni wanted that Grevious, but Lucas wanted him shown in the form intended for the first time properly... We'll never know :p

While I did love the micro-series, I do kinda blame Genndy on the Grevious thing...I mean that isn't to say I don't like Genndy I do love Samurai Jack too. But.....that wasn't what Grevious was suppose to be according to ROTS and thus when ROTS and TCW came out that showed Grevious who he is suppose to be, of course fans didn't like it.

While I did love the micro-series, I do kinda blame Genndy on the Grevious thing...I mean that isn't to say I don't like Genndy I do love Samurai Jack too. But.....that wasn't what Grevious was suppose to be according to ROTS and thus when ROTS and TCW came out that showed Grevious who he is suppose to be, of course fans didn't like it.

Couldn't agree more.

Edit: Can F2P Players send PM's? Because I remember you mentioning before that you hated watching the arguments and not being able to post... You could always PM A really long post for a Kaggath if you felt the Urge to someone and they could C+P it... Just a thought :p

Edited by Selenial

It wasn't just the micro-series, Wolf. But you are right on that account.

Couldn't agree more.

Edit: Can F2P Players send PM's? Because I remember you mentioning before that you hated watching the arguments and not being able to post... You could always PM A really long post for a Kaggath if you felt the Urge to someone and they could C+P it... Just a thought :p

No can't PM.

To be honest, still is... 4 sabers dude. 4 sabers.

The Gungan thing was a bit far... But ya.

Not sure how Gungans are stronger than Nightsister Zombies either, but OK.... :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

The Gungan fiasco was what made me take a break from the show for a while.

The Gungan fiasco was what made me take a break from the show for a while.

It really does Vary, with different writers on different arcs...

Don't even bring up the droid Arc. Only episode I liked was the last one, because it had SOME emotion in and the Explosion was PUUURTY.