Craftable gray quality complex access card?

DataBeaver

I wouldn't call Artificer worthless, Not with the BOE relics that can be made now as well as hilt's, Admitidly yeah not so good for crystals

Wouldn't say that. After all, it's still the only way to get red crystals that don't cost either a lot of credits or real money grinding reputation with a Cartel Market Group.

Because, right now, there are only 3 choices of red (the orange crystal they call "blood red" doesn't count):

1) Red Black

Gain Heroic Status with the Freebooters, by getting the new packs and pay 3 Cartel Market Certificates.

Pros: It's a Cartel Market Crystal so, it's the full +41 stat and is usable at level 10.

Cons: You can NOT unlock it so, you have to pay those 3 certs for every crystal you want because you can NOT make copies AT ALL. It's also Bind on Pickup so you have to go through the Legacy Item workaround to get it to any alternates.

2) Red

Artifice.

Pros: can be crafted. Cheap and easy to produce. the level 50 does indeed have the full +41 stat.

Cons: has to be changed out every 4 levels until level 50.

3) Black Red

Artifice.

Pros: can be crafted. Cheap to produce once the schematic has been learned and even not all that pricey (about 50,000 - 100,000 credits on my server depending on the day) and does have the full +41 stat.

Cons: is ONLY available at level 50. You DO have to learn the schematic by purchasing the crystals, binding them to you and then reverse engineering them.

So, as you can see, if you like Imperial Red and have a couple of alts, your best choices really are both Artifice because even if you do go through the hassle and grind to get that Red-Black from the Cartel Reputation for your leveling character, once they get to 50, you're better off getting that 50 character either a straight Red or a Black-Red and shipping the crystal to a lower leveled character in your legacy.

Has anyone tried just vending these things? (I'm rerolling new toons and haven't done any high end crafting yet). See what the vendor gives you for it. It may be something as simple as a worthwhile way of liquidating old and superfluous crafting mats from the previous expansion into credits, for people who were at the old level cap long enough to have a stockpile that's just cluttering up their inventory now.

Has anyone tried just vending these things? (I'm rerolling new toons and haven't done any high end crafting yet). See what the vendor gives you for it. It may be something as simple as a worthwhile way of liquidating old and superfluous crafting mats from the previous expansion into credits, for people who were at the old level cap long enough to have a stockpile that's just cluttering up their inventory now.

Then they would have something similar for every profession instead of just for artifice.

I've been curious, so tried to make one this afternoon. 4 second channel to make it, then the mats show back up in my bag as if I canceled it.

So still mysterious. And as soon as you log out, you lose the schematic and have to re-learn it.

Yep i try this also. And guess what the mats turned up in my bag the next morning completely confusing me, for a moment i thought there was a god - lol.

Which implies that it must immediately be used when it is crafted. Not later.

And now we need to find a place where it can be used.

Personally, I find that "slot machine theory" interesting.

Well I trained it, made it, got my mats back, tried again, same thing.

For 4 exotic elements it would want to make something awesome.

&

My thoughts were that maybe if you crit on it you would get double mats back?

The above are possible uses for it.

&

I wouldn't call Artificer worthless, Not with the BOE relics that can be made now as well as hilt's, Admitidly yeah not so good for crystals

I think some forget that Free2Play cannot automatically equip the cartel colour crystals because they are artifact quality, so they do still have a use today for those without the unlock. Just stick to crafting the blue prototype crystals and not the purple Artifact grade. Then we have Enhancements. With the amount of cheap adaptable armor people need to keep geared. This benefits all players regardless of subscription status.

So the craft is still useful. You can earn an income via this method from GTN Sales. Also good to help out levelling guildies.

Safari

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I would be curious too!

I notice I commented something almost 5 years ago! Still a mystery? My idea might be right but now useless cause we don't need those Mats any more. Still someone should try crafting it like 15 times and seeing what happens.