Force of Wills: The Ties that Bind

Earthmama

So an unsupported crew of jumped up street toughs was able to take on a reinforced army platoon led by a full squad of top end SF operators, kill the line infantry, disable the SF squad, and capture one of them, with the only casualty being the leaders "sullied honor" (Skadge doesn't count), despite this SF squad being able to smash whole companies in the field without aid, wiped out their Imperial equivalent early on, laughs at fighting Stih, and tasked with taking out the Empires equivalent to the Pentagon?

"kay.

Platoon of about 4 squads, in the SW universe we're given that's approx 20 people total plus M1-4X, who was sliced and rendered useless thanks to Mako. Jorgan, and M1-4X we're leading, I made no mention of the rest of Havoc, because if you've done the Bastion assault in game, they are split up in the early portion of the fighting. They've just come off of fighting the Imperials who were defending that section of the Bastion, and taken casualties before Ava and crew make their assault. Remember that the Republic has just cracked the Bastion wide open and are on the move, Ava and crew slip in, keep in mind they killed or have the option to kill, the supreme chancellor and have gotten in close to sensitive targets before.

Anyways, Ava and crew take out a wounded but recovering group of soldier from above and by surprise, running in with bombs and missiles and juiced up tech, on top of Ava, by the story given by the game, who is the most effective and feared BH in the Galaxy at the time, She took out the Chancellor and countless Jedi. A group of battle worn and wounded soldiers, Spec ops or not, doesn't scare her when she felt she had the upper hand and element of surprise.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain the details as clearly as I could have, but I didn't want my chapter sounding like a military briefing.

I'm also sorry you don't feel it was realistic enough, but given what the BH actually does in game, I didn't feel it was so far fetched considering what she's capable of.

I hope you'll keep reading, and I'm sorry you were disappointed in this installment.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Platoon of about 4 squads, in the SW universe we're given that's approx 20 people total plus M1-4X, who was sliced and rendered useless thanks to Mako. Jorgan, and M1-4X we're leading, I made no mention of the rest of Havoc, because if you've done the Bastion assault in game, they are split up in the early portion of the fighting. They've just come off of fighting the Imperials who were defending that section of the Bastion, and taken casualties before Ava and crew make their assault. Remember that the Republic has just cracked the Bastion wide open and are on the move, Ava and crew slip in, keep in mind they killed or have the option to kill, the supreme chancellor and have gotten in close to sensitive targets before.

Anyways, Ava and crew take out a wounded but recovering group of soldier from above and by surprise, running in with bombs and missiles and juiced up tech, on top of Ava, by the story given by the game, who is the most effective and feared BH in the Galaxy at the time, She took out the Chancellor and countless Jedi. A group of battle worn and wounded soldiers, Spec ops or not, doesn't scare her when she felt she had the upper hand and element of surprise.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain the details as clearly as I could have, but I didn't want my chapter sounding like a military briefing.

I'm also sorry you don't feel it was realistic enough, but given what the BH actually does in game, I didn't feel it was so far fetched considering what she's capable of.

I hope you'll keep reading, and I'm sorry you were disappointed in this installment.

This was also the way I read it and I agree about the realism. I think you did a great job.:)

Yes. "Quinness" is definitely a word. :p

Quinness. Quinnishness. Quinnity. (Quiniquity, n., the assorted misdeeds Quinn commits?) Quinnosity. Quinnicality. Quinniferousness. Quinntion. (Quindignation, the angry annoyance caused by Quinn's actions?) Quinnishism.

Yeah, "Quinness" is the least tortured noun form. :cool:

Quintessence (physics) – A hypothetical form of dark energy postulated as an explanation of observations of an accelerating universe. It differs from the cosmological constant explanation of dark energy in that it changes over time. It is suggested that quintessence can be either attractive or repulsive depending on the ratio of kinetic to potential energy in the universe. Specifically, it is thought that quintessence became repulsive about 10 billion years ago.

Quinntessence (SW:ToR) – Exactly the same as quintessence with an extra n. It became repulsive about Chapter 3 in the Sith Warrior story line and is the reason that a SW:ToR galaxy Fanfic has to accelerate away from the original galaxy before he can become attractive again. Quinntessence is either attractive or repulsive depending on the ratio of how pathetic and tortured he is to how many people allow him to continue breathing for no good reason.

Edited by kabeone

Quintessence (physics) – A hypothetical form of dark energy postulated as an explanation of observations of an accelerating universe. It differs from the cosmological constant explanation of dark energy in that it changes over time. It is suggested that quintessence can be either attractive or repulsive depending on the ratio of kinetic to potential energy in the universe. Specifically, it is thought that quintessence became repulsive about 10 billion years ago.

Quinntessence (SW:ToR) – Exactly the same as quintessence with an extra n. It became repulsive about Chapter 3 in the Sith Warrior story line and is the reason that a SW:ToR galaxy Fanfic has to accelerate away from the original galaxy before he can become attractive again. Quinntessence is either attractive or repulsive depending on the ratio of how pathetic and tortured he is to how many people allow him to continue breathing for no good reason.

...buh...I...this...kabeone, after five minutes I've managed to recover from incapacitating laughter long enough to state that you have a truly spectacular creative mind. Your Quinntessence is a solid theory that neatly explains pretty much everything about the man. And it's...attractive, repulsive, with acceleration away from the original galaxy, and it's perfect.

Quinn theory is ridiculously fun.

Quinness. Quinnishness. Quinnity. (Quiniquity, n., the assorted misdeeds Quinn commits?) Quinnosity. Quinnicality. Quinniferousness. Quinntion. (Quindignation, the angry annoyance caused by Quinn's actions?) Quinnishism.

Yeah, "Quinness" is the least tortured noun form. :cool:

Oooo...I like Quiniquity.

We already have Quinncident. Why not Quiniquity for every "can I please eject him out the airlock?" maneuver he performs. :D

...buh...I...this...kabeone, after five minutes I've managed to recover from incapacitating laughter long enough to state that you have a truly spectacular creative mind. Your Quinntessence is a solid theory that neatly explains pretty much everything about the man. And it's...attractive, repulsive, with acceleration away from the original galaxy, and it's perfect.

Quinn theory is ridiculously fun.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAAAAHA! <---- hasn't recovered yet

Corellia the Bastion

Rakton was dead, choosing to go down fighting, the Republic had won the day. Mitka looked back to were Rakton had fallen, his blood still on the duracrete of the war room. She looked away as teams checked in, C squad, the safe crackers, Dagger wing, all with successful mission reports. Slowly Havoc regrouped, having each lead separate attacks on different objectives checked in. Yuun and Vik were the first to meet with her, Dorne took her leave as she guided the field medics and organized a triage for the wounded. Eventually everyone had checked in, all except 4X and Jorgan who had lead B squad. They had obviously taken their objective or else Mitka wouldn’t have been able to reach Rakton, but their silence was worrisome. Feeds started coming in from all over Corellia, apparently a Jedi had managed to kill Darth Decimus, coupled with her success at the Bastion, the Republic was declaring a tentative victory. Mitka wished she could be pleased, but her face wore a worried scowl, where was Jorgan?

“Major, we found B squad.” Elara walked up to her giving a crisp salute.

“Report Lieutenant.” Mitka felt a wave of nausea, if Jorgan had been able to report himself, he would have.

“They are recovering from hibernation sickness, most are still blind. M1-4X is just now coming back online, he had been sliced into.” She stopped, and swallowed, Mitka braced herself for the news. “Captain Jorgan is MIA” Mitka blinked, processing, he wasn’t dead.

“We’ve routed the Imps and taken our own POW’s, we’ve also freed our own captives, Jorgan wasn’t with them…”

“Yes sir, the soldiers in B squad told us they were ambushed after taking the objective. It wasn’t the Imperials.” Elara shook her head.

Mitka felt her anger rising along with her confusion. “Lieutenant, I need you to start making sense, now, what do you mean it wasn’t the Imperials?”

“It was a Bounty Hunter, sir.” Elara saw her CO’s yellow eyes flash, “This is Private Jetta, he can recount what happened prior to being frozen in carbonite.”

A human of medium build, with light brown hair and blood shot brown eyes walked in, he was blinking hard and involuntary tears kept streaming from his face. Dorne gave him a compress for his eyes, he gave a respectful salute.

“At ease private, Lieutenant Dorne tells me you were ambushed by non-partisans, what happened?”Trying to soften her voice, he was young and obviously in pain, hibernation sickness was no joke, and regaining sight was a painful process.

“Sir, thank you sir,” He pressed the compress to his eyes, and began his recount of the events that happened to B squad. Mitka nodded and tried to keep her face neutral, despite the fear and anger she was feeling. It felt like a bad dream. He ended his story with how they were sprayed with a carbonite spray rendering them all blind, effectively hiding the Bounty Hunter’s escape.

“Private Jetta, is this a bad joke? You mean to tell me, two Mandalorian’s, a Houk, a cyborge, a Devoronian, and a Jawa…a JAWA, with an assault cannon no less, ambushed you, and kidnapped your CO?” Mitka was trying really hard to keep her calm, but the story was fantastical, ridiculous even, a Jawa?

“Sir, it’s not a joke, I know what I saw, their leader, when she took off her helmet, she’s a Miraluka sir, she shot the Houk in the face, the body is still there.” His voice shook under Mitks’a hard gaze.

“Yuun, I need you to figure out what it would take to interface and effectively slice into 4X, that can’t be easy, I want a short list of slicers in front of me in twenty four hours. Vik, get on the holo with your “friends” Miraluka Bounty Hunter, who is she, everything you can find, including any kind of Bounty on Jorgan, you have full access to the discretionary funds. Dorne, I want Balkar and Garza in a conference call in ten minutes.”

“Yes sir.” The three saluted but before they could get to their tasks, the holo flicked to life with the hunter in question.

“Major Riggs, I’d like to congratulate you on your victory, I’d also like you to know that I have your fiancé...” Mitka was taken aback, she hadn’t told anyone about Jorgan’s rooftop proposal, she flashed a look at Dorne.

“It’s pre-recorded sir.” She confirmed.

“Yuun, track it.” The Gand nodded and got to work on a console tracing where the message originated from.

“…Captain Jorgan has not been harmed, and will not be harmed so long as you co-operate.” The message flashed to an image of Jorgan, in the under shirt and pants he wears under his armor, in a holding cell pacing with a fierce scowl on his handsome face. “If you wish to see him alive again, you will come to these co-ordinates in three days, alone and unarmed, we will be monitoring SIS and Military frequencies, if I think you’re planning something, I will kill him. I’m a woman of my word Major, please don’t test me.” The message blinked out.

“Yuun?” The Gand shook his head.

“The slice was heavily encrypted and lead to proxy stations across the galaxy, the slicer is a master at his craft.” Mitka nodded grimly, which meant they very well could monitor the SIS and military frequencies.

“Vik, you still have an assignment, be discreet, include my name in the list of bounties. Yuun, you have two examples of this slicers work, I still want a list of possible names on my desk tomorrow. Dismissed.”

She leaned against the holoterminal in the war room heavily, waiting for her team to leave before allowing her tears to fall. Dorne hung around.

“Lieutenant, I said dismissed.” She was in no mood for regulations right now.

“I know sir, forgive me. You and Jorgan got engaged? If I might ask, when?” Her voice wasn’t full of pomp and arrogance, it was quiet and sympathetic.

“Last night.” She felt the lump in her throat as she remembered the quiet moment on the roof, she covered her eyes with her thumb and fore finger willing away the tears that threatened.

“Congratulations sir.” She put a conforting hand on Mitka’s shoulder. Mitka laughed a bitter angry laugh.

“Don’t feed me a line Dorne, you’ve been very clear about your feelings regarding me and Aric’s relationship from the start.”

“I was engaged once, to my superior officer, he died for refusing an impossible order, choked to death by a Sith. Jorgan’s not dead, but please know that I can commiserate, that I do care. I am your friend, even if you don’t believe it.” Elara squeezed Mitka’s shoulder, then left.

Mitka blinked her eyes until blinking could no longer hold back the flood. When she finished crying she dialed her brother's number.

Edited by Earthmama

Weather Light XS Freighter

Aaron hung his punching bag in the cargo hold, the old weathered leather was supple and soft after years of abuse. He started taping his fingers winding it through and around his fingers and knuckles, he flexed his hands then made two tight fists, satisfied. He pulled his shirt off revealing a heavy and well muscled chest and large broad shoulders, he started drills.

Left, right, left.

He replayed the holocall from Mitka in his mind.

Right, left, right.

He still hadn’t heard a word from his parents.

Left, left, right.

Then there was his brother. Cohen had been nothing but friendly to Oriah, but everytime he made her laugh Aaron felt a pang in his gut.

Right, right, left.

He was jealous, and it was stupid, she was still a kid, a girl, he was too old for her, but she had this way of smiling at him that made his heart do flips.

Left, knee, kick, left.

She was an early riser, and she had got into the habit of joining him for breakfast, making him coffee. Oriah made it better then he could, and he looked forward to those early mornings where she would speak softly to him. Those blue eyes would wander into his heart, and her smile lit up his world, and in those quiet mornings, he felt as though they had a connection. Then Cohen would wake up.

Right, kick, left, knee.

Then the moment would be broken, Oriah would look up at his little brother with what looked like adoration, excited to tackle their puzzle and the two of them would bound off to the bridge, leaving him alone.

Right, right, right, left.

He shouldn’t be mooning over this girl anyways, it was a stupid crush. He hit the bag harder, freestyling, breaking up his rotation, hitting it in short powerful jabs. He started grunting with the exertion, could feel the sweat on his face and back. If he hit the bag hard enough he stopped seeing Oriah’s face, he stopped hating his brother, he stopped worrying about his parents, he stopped hearing Mitka cry in his ears. His muscles started to ache and he just pushed himself harder, clearing his head. In this moment Aaron was instinct and movement, the world fell away and he was alone with his fists and the heavy leather bag. He slowly started dancing around the bag, offering long arching kicks between punches, he would dance in close with his elbows and upper cuts and knees. Arms up in a defensive stance, he would swing them in a wide arch hitting the bag with a hook, then a jab. Time stood still and the bag accepted his frustration, and anger without protest, rocking from the ceiling, the chains jingled gently. A flash of red, and a face caught his eye, he stopped where he was breathing heavily. Oriah was leaning against the doorway with a crooked and appraising grin on her face.

“I’m sorry for interrupting. Don’t let me stop you.” Oriah walked into the room and perched herself on an empty storage crate. Aaron suddenly felt awkward, the chains hooking the bag to the ceiling were too loud in the silence, and he reached out and stopped the swinging.

“You and Co, figure out the puzzle of the cubes?” He stood with the bag between him and Oriah, suddenly aware of his bare chest, and sweat.

“We’ve hit a wall, we’re taking a break. He also wanted to check over his weapons for when we meet up with Mitka. The puzzle can wait for now.” She spied Aarons open bag, and her eyes lit up. Oriah jumped down and grabbed the boxing gloved, and target mits. She strode over to Aaron, stuck one glove between her legs and opened the other waiting for Aaron’s hand. He gave her a questioning look but complied. She laced him up expertly, and he wondered when Oriah learned about boxing. She put his other glove on, then slipped the target mitts over her own long slender hands. “Come on then, let’s see how you do with a moving target.”

“I…I don’t want to hurt you.” Aaron flexed his hands inside the large leather boxing gloves, bringing them into a lazy defensive stance.

“You won’t, I grew up doing this kind of thing with my step-father, who’s about your size. He taught me how to absorb a punch, and how to throw one. He’s former Imperial black ops, he was a good teacher. I can handle myself.” With that she gave an easy swipe which Aaron ducked under.

“Yeah, well my dad taught me not to hit girls.” He landed a gentle punch on her left hand.

“Seriously Aaron? Is that the best you’ve got?” She swung at him faster, this time catching him under the jaw.

“Hey, that hurt.” He said in a faux hurt voice, it earned him a laugh and a smile. He gave her a crooked grin.

True to her word, Oriah held her own, directing his attacks and defenses with the target mitts, she kept him at a quick pace, catching him off guard more than once. They remained in relative comfortable silence, though every time she winked at him he would falter.

“That’s cheating.” He finally said, rubbing his jaw.

“What’s cheating?” She smiled at him sweetly, and Aaron got the distinct feeling she was flirting with him.

“You know…when you…wink.” Aaron could feel his ears burning. Oriah bit her lower lip, her eyes were all mischief, and she stepped towards him.

“Since when is winking against the rules?” She pulled the target mitts off, then grabbed one of his gloved hands, and slowly started unlacing them.

“Ever since my brother turns to mush whenever a pretty girl smiles at him, throws off his whole game, and you, Oriah, are a very pretty girl.” Cohen’s voice carried from the doorway. His tone was teasing, but there was an angry glint in his eye directed at his older brother. Oriah blushed. “I think I might have a solution to our little problem. Why don’t you come to the bridge and take a look?”

“Did you account for the gravitational resonance of that dwarf star?” she trotted out of the cargo bay.

Cohen nodded at her, waited until she was out of the room, before giving his brother one last challenging look, then turned to leave. Aaron was left standing in the middle of the cargo bay wondering what the force happened. He was more frustrated now then he was when he started, a cold shower would have to do then. As he untapped his hands, he couldn’t help but smile, maybe she did like him.

Edited by Earthmama

Weather Light XS Freighter

He shouldn’t be mooning over this girl anyways, it was a stupid crush. He hit the bag harder, freestyling, breaking up his rotation, hitting it in short powerful jabs. He started grunting with the exertion, could feel the sweat on his face and back. If he hit the bag hard enough he stopped seeing Oriah’s face, he stopped hating his brother, he stopped worrying about his parents, he stopped hearing Mitka cry in his ears. His muscles started to ache and he just pushed himself harder, clearing his head. In this moment Aaron was instinct and movement, the world fell away and he was alone with his fists and the heavy leather bag. He slowly started dancing around the bag, offering long arching kicks between punches, he would dance in close with his elbows and upper cuts and knees. Arms up in a defensive stance, he would swing them in a wide arch hitting the bag with a hook, then a jab. Time stood still and the bag accepted his frustration, and anger without protest, rocking from the ceiling, the chains jingled gently. A flash of red, and a face caught his eye, he stopped where he was breathing heavily. Oriah was leaning against the doorway with a crooked and appraising grin on her face.

I love how this paragraph flows.

Edited by bright_ephemera

Rant of the day: Chapters and characters that refuse to co-operate. Delete, delete, delete. Wrote half a passage, and it was just dumb. Also frustrating, adding to a characters background, but it being way too dark and graphic to ever really post on these forums, I might allude to it, but I didn't even know my brain could go to where it did this afternoon. I feel dirty.....stupid Sith, being all evil and wrong.

:mad:

I need ice cream.....

Eeeeevil ice cream? :rak_03:

Is there any other kind?

Blasphemy :)

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/248/d/e/oriah_and_aaron_by_kabeone-d5dpp47.png

I have to admit after I saw that thing about Sith and needing ice cream and evil ice cream the first thing I drew was Lord Scourge, but that ... got really ... NSFW really really fast.

Blasphemy :)

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/248/d/e/oriah_and_aaron_by_kabeone-d5dpp47.png

I have to admit after I saw that thing about Sith and needing ice cream and evil ice cream the first thing I drew was Lord Scourge, but that ... got really ... NSFW really really fast.

Squeee!!!! Squee!!!! then Squee again!! OMG soo cute!!! LOL I love it Kabe!

Also draw the NSFW Lord Scourge, post it up on your DA page, throw an age restriction on it...and then I can , I mean , we can go drool.

Edited by Earthmama

Squeee!!!! Squee!!!! then Squee again!! OMG soo cute!!! LOL I love it Kabe!

Also draw the NSFW Lord Scourge, post it up on your DA page, throw an age restriction on it...and then I can , I mean , we can go drool.

I would still get banned for it (possibly)... so you have a PM ehehehehehehe

D5-Mantis

“Anything Mako?” Avacynne asked her slicer.

“Nothing, his name was put on the list of soldiers who went MIA, but nothing otherwise. She’s been quiet. At least on the official lines.” Mako assured her. “We’re looking good boss!”

Avacynne nodded, if everything was good why did she have that feeling in her gut. In her experience the big jobs never went to plan. She grabbed a ration bar and a bottle of water then headed for the holding pen. Jorgan and Torian were having, what Avacynne could only imagine, was a scowling contest. Torian lost when he looked up to her, coming down the stairs. She lowered the energy shield that was keeping their captive confined and handed him the food and water. He eyed it suspiciously.

“Would you take it! If I wanted you dead, you would be. Now take it and eat.” She tossed them at his feet and the Cathar grudgingly ate them, hunger overcoming stubbornness.

“Torian, I want to talk to him, alone.” She spoke to her lover in Mando’a, she made no mistakes today.

“Watch his claws.” He responded and left her and the Cathar alone. She looked to her captives hands, his “claws” looked no different than hers.

Ava pulled two chairs and the table the crew used to play Pazaak with closer to the still inactive containment unit.

“Have a seat.” They were metal and uncomfortable, but they were better than the metal floor.

“I’d rather stand.” Jorgan growled at her.

“Fine.” She sat. “Will she come?”

“Yeah, she’ll come.” He gave her a wicked grin. “Dumbest bounty you could have taken is hers, she’ll kill you.”

“What, good Republic soldier won’t just turn me in?” She kept her face neutral, her voice confident and slightly mocking. Only it was Jorgan who laughed.

“You grabbed one of her people, she’s not overly forgiving when the people she cares about are threatened. Have you seen her skin? What she is? She might not be Sith, but make no mistake, there is fire in her blood, and she will kill you.” His low baritone hissed the threat at her, and she knew every word he spoke was truth. “Have some free advice Mandalorian.” He spit the word, bitter on his tongue, “Drop me on the nearest mudball and run.”

“Can’t do that.” Although it was tempting, this job had left her uneasy right from the start.

He sat down in front of her, “Who hired you? I heard your message to the Major, she took out Rakton, she’s a military target, but the man who would have targeted her is dead. Unless this is personal? Girl went from a ranch on Dantooine, to the military Acadamy straight into Havoc, it doesn’t make any sense for you to be hunting her.” His voice took on a thoughtful tenor.

“I wouldn’t be much of a hunter if I started mouthing off about my employers.” Ava’s bad feeling got worse. She suddenly felt the need to check something. Something important, “Torian” His head popped over the railing, “Watch him.” She felt Jorgans green eyes on her as she bounded up the stairs, she could feel his smug grin.

She pushed Mako aside and pulled up the two images she needed, and then she just stared at them. On one side was Lord Ardyth, on the other Major Riggs. They could have been twins, except Ardyth was older, much older, mother and daughter. She thought back to that little boy on Hutta, the one that had been sent to Korriban because of her, the one who had lost his father because of her. She thought back to Drummond Kaas, killing that little Sith girl, on her father’s orders, because she was at the wrong place, with the wrong people, at the wrong time. She remembered how Teah had been snatched up by that Sith on a whim, tearing them apart.

“Ava? Oh wow! You think they’re related?” Mako asked stupidly.

“Change of plans, get the crew.” She headed back to the Cathar. “Everyone meeting now.” She bellowed as she made her way down the stairs. Torian and Jorgan were scowling each other down again.

“It’s her mother. The Sith who hired me, is your Major’s mother. Her name is Lord Ardyth Eldrazzi, or Darth Kozilek, she’s the Emperor’s Wrath, which means she’s a big player in the Empire.” Ava ignored the sharp intake of breaths and disbelief from her crew, she held up a hand to silence them. “Mako pull up those images, show him.”

“Ava what are you doing?” Mako asked in a quiet voice, given the look Avacynne flashed her, she complied.

“Why are you telling me this?”Jorgan studied the faces, taken aback by the similarity between Mitka and her biological mother.

“Because I’m done sacrificing kids to the Sith.” She said evenly.

“Cyare, there’s no honor is going back on a contract.” Torian had switched to Mando’a his voice was level but heated.

“There is no honor with the Sith! She tried to kill us when I asked for payment, do you think she will keep her word? Do you think she will not try to kill us when we deliver her daughter?” She shot back, Ava didn’t stumble on a single word. “There is more honor in our captive and our target’s fingers, then in the Sith who hired us. I will not be the one to sacrifice good warriors to the whims of a Sith.”

"Why now?" He asked, "What changed? What did he say to change your mind? Why act now?" Pointing an accusing finger at the Cathar.

"Because it's wrong! Everything about this job is wrong! It reeks of cowardice from the Sith, and from me. I am no Tarro Blood, and from the second I took this job that's who I've felt like." She finally cried out in Basic.

"No Ava we're not, not even close." Mako protested

"I used the same tactic on her that those pub Bounty Hunters used on me. It's low, and I'm done dragging my name through the dirt so that a Sith can settle score she's more then able to settle herself. I'm out." She was disgusted with herself, she had been trying to put her finger on why this job felt so wrong, and there it was, she was becoming something she swore she wouldn't.

“Ava talk to me, what’s your angle here? We just walking away?” Gault interrupted the conversation.

She rounded on Gault who was flanked by Blizz and Mako. “Way I figure it, someone like Darth Kozilek, Emperor’s Wrath, would be a big target for the Jedi and the Republic. Worth a lot of credits, joint venture with their most elite spec ops squad, we could actually take her down.” She looked from her crew to Jorgan, who was listening intently.

“You got a point, but right now we’re guaranteed another five mill for the Major. The Republic likes doing things like this “because it’s the right thing” we have no guarantee we’ll get paid.” Gault was shrewd when it came to credits, amoral, but he was right, and it was a risk.

“Yeah, since when do Sith keep up their end of the bargain? You already know what happened when I asked for my deposit on this job, ***** tried to kill me. They aren’t good business partners. We already have five mill. I say go after bigger game.” Ava was getting impatient.

“I’m with Boss, Blizz likes big cat man! Sith are mean.” Blizz tried to pet Jorgan, but a quick look from the serious Cathar warned him away, the Jawa settled on standing happily but awkwardly with his hands on his hips beside him.

“Are you sure Ava? I mean, we took down a whole platoon…”Mako wasn’t convinced, and she still had a chip on her shoulder regarding the Republic, Ava didn’t blame her, but she wasn’t about to sacrifice everyone because Mako had a personal problem with the SIS.

“We got lucky Mako, and this isn’t up for discussion, if you want out, now’s the time to say so.” She stared down her closest friends with her eyeless glare, challenging them to tell her she was wrong. A part of her wished they would all walk away so that they would at least be safe, either from Havoc squad or Lord Ardyth, but the choice was up to them.

“Lead on Cyare” Torian gave Jorgan a doubtful scowl but backed his wife.

“Ah what the hell, what’s life without a bit of excitement?” Gault threw his hands up, both plans had merit, he figured he could probably fleece more from Republic soldiers then a Sith anyways.

“Fine.” Mako wasn’t happy, she never liked it when a plan deviated, she especially didn’t like it when it had been her plan to begin with. She knew Ava hadn’t wanted to work with Sith, and she felt guilty for pressuring her into the deal in the first place. One thing’s for sure, she wasn’t about to abandon her best friend now.

“Alright, Jorgan I think you and I have a few holo calls to make. We’ll meet with your people at the same coordinates, it’s a secure location, no weapons.” Ava offered he hand to Jorgan, who looked at it then her. He had doubts, and everything in him screamed not to trust a Mandalorian, it had been ingrained in him since birth, finally he shook it and nodded at her.

"I'll see what I can do."

The group broke off, most heading up to the holo terminal, Blizz scampered back to his mountains of stuff, and got back to work on a new targeting array for his cannon. Something was blinking on his console, he looked around his chaos scratching his head. He burrowed into the mess, nearly disappearing completely in the mounds of plasteel, durasteel, wires and other vaguly recognizable bits of tech and machinery. He finally emerged, his bright golden eyes stared at the dark cube curiously, he tapped it, then tasted it, then looked back at his console that was still blipping, only faster now. He had no idea where he had found the puzzle box, but was delighted at the new challenge, new games were the best. He’d break it open in no time.

Edit

So this chapter has been bugging me, I added a few things in the middle there. I felt like Avacynne had a weird turn around without much reason, I added more reason.

Edited by Earthmama

Ok, I'll get writing as soon as my littlest bug goes down for his nap.

In the meantime, here is a photo compilation of all of my original Characters. Enjoy!

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/LouiseDoolaar/pic1.png

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/LouiseDoolaar/Pic2.png

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/LouiseDoolaar/Pic3-1.png