The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Here's one from Athiss yesterday running as a Sorc healer. It was my second attempt as I had to drop out of my first run due to IRL issues. Everyone was really understanding and polite since I let them know why i was dropping instead of going afk for who knows how long.

On the second run though i got into a group with me, a tank, and 2 dps. the tank was a go, go, go personality. He would jump into a new mob while half the group was still at half health and I was at half force from the last 2 groups he pulled before we were ready. I was able to keep us from dying but it was a close call in a couple of cases.

I love crazy go-go-go marauders. They used to bother the hell out of me, but now they inspire me to be just as crazy in order to stay ahead of them. I hate to say it, but I think the schizo bastards have made me a better tank.

This is exactly what I argued months ago: DPS that pushes the tank to their limits and keeps him on his toes. Got flamed hard for my efforts, but that wasn't anything new.

Next step in your efforts to stay ahead of them: Make the bastards beg you to slow down. :D

I feel the recent changes to Group Finder attracted too many bads lately. I've been having a streak of bad PUGs all over the place.

I have noticed and increase of bad Vanguard tanks on the TRE lately. When I was running 55 HM flashpoints, the Guardians were the ones that caused most problems. Now that I'm healing 50 HM flashpoints, it's the Vanguards. I have no idea what some of them are thinking or what kind of mindset one needs to have in order to tank from a bloody distance.

They're just spamming basic attack, Full Auto, that sticky grenade thingy and Penetrating Bolt. Some even throw in a Harpoon and a taunt for good measure but they all have one thing in common: tunnel-visioning. All they see is the biggest, strongest mob and everything else just fades out of existance in their little world.

To make matters worse, they're full of Attitude. They're usually sporting 0% achievements under Operations, 100% in RR and CWG and low percentages on Republic leveling planets. This is a clear indication that they're new to the game.* But the Attitude is here nevertheless. They can't be reasoned with, they do not listen to tips and their replies are along the lines of "SUK MAH DIK NOOB". All this means that I, healer, end up tanking most of the mobs on every pull. And the only reason those kind of bad players are actually finishing flashpoints is me (and some dps) being way overgeared and basically carrying them through content. There's no way those kinds of players would be able to finish flashpoints if everyone was in Columi gear.

What puzzles me most is the Attitude, though. I mean, if you're new, if you know you're new and you're aware that you don't know the tactics and workings of your class - why won't you listen to suggestions, tips and advice from more experienced players? What has happened that made listening to advice and learning so undesireable? Has the Universe been patched so that taking advice works the same way as using your turn signals when driving?**

What? :eek::mad::(

* I refuse to believe they've made a char on a new server just so they can troll and annoy people.

** Making your pen!s smaller.

Edited by slafko

Tanks who forget small mobs are familiar especially on lowby Flashpoints... I have tanked rangeds on Mando Raiders boarding party so many times its nice surprise if someone takes them off me for once :)

However, I don't like Tanks who "teach DPS" by leaving them to die. I was on Mando Raiders SM with not only one but 2

chainpulling DPS. On challenging corridor pull Tank stopped in front of mobs (after DPS had leaped in)

It's not hard to guess DPS died fast. I (scoundrel healer) survived barely thanks to lucky level up. IMO that was just rude :( especially because he didn't give DPS single verbal varning and based on achievement they were only new :confused:

Tanks who forget small mobs are familiar especially on lowby Flashpoints... I have tanked rangeds on Mando Raiders boarding party so many times its nice surprise if someone takes them off me for once :)

If tank is new to role you can't expect them to hold aggro on everything in the room. For new tanks it's good enough if they can hold the strongest (silvers, gold, platinum) because anything else should melt in hands of DPS within seconds.

As DPS it doesn't matter if I have to "tank" few standard enemies. I can easily deal with it: I have defensive cooldowns, medpack after all.

Edited by Halinalle

However, I don't like Tanks who "teach DPS" by leaving them to die. I was on Mando Raiders SM with not only one but 2

chainpulling DPS. On challenging corridor pull Tank stopped in front of mobs (after DPS had leaped in)

It's not hard to guess DPS died fast. I (scoundrel healer) survived barely thanks to lucky level up. IMO that was just rude :( especially because he didn't give DPS single verbal varning and based on achievement they were only new :confused:

As a Tank, I dislike that kind of behaviour, but nevertheless I usually don't use that method. I warn a fair amount of times before doing so, and up to now I only did it, like, twice. Kept the others alive though. :cool:

I was thinking though, that that tank may have warned the dps via whisper, but if that was the case... I don't get why he didn't do the same to you too. :rolleyes:

About your first comment, it's true that in low lvl FPs it's hard to find tanks taking care of weak mobs properly. Playing both an Assassin Tank and a Scoundrel Healer at low lvls - 30 and 24, in order - I got to be called a pro tank just because I did so, and to see how healers have to fend for themselves most of times. I just love how Scoundrels can manage some good dps even in healer spec. And if things just go down, well... there's always stealth out. :D

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

I really don't do FPs anymore (too many Kuat Yard generation people with no clue on trinity) but just pvping is too slow to level up, so decided to give a try to FPs with my undergeared jug dps. After waiting like 1 hour, got Red Reaper. As predicted, no one in the group did it before. I told them we will wipe two times at the beginning, and not to panic. After first pull, we wiped obviously and I figured that our assassin tank was new and does not know how to hold agro. Healer dropped shortly after. We waited for 10 minutes and no one came so I pulled out Quinn. I basically had to tank with my dps gear and Quinn's mediocre healing but we managed to finish the FP. Yep, not doing FPs for a long time again.

KDY

Gunslinger, guardian, sage and vanguard.

Guardian: spends most of the time afk

Sage: at least tried to do something

Vanguard: runs around with 15% HP, at least he knew how to LoS.

Sage and Vanguard leave after we die multiple times. Also Guardian was nowhere to be found at this point (still in the group though) so there I was alone, couldn't do anything other than leave.

I queue again and get KDY with pretty much perfect trinity: tank who didn't waste time, very good healer and another gunslinger.

Edited by Halinalle

I have noticed and increase of bad Vanguard tanks on the TRE lately.

To make matters worse, they're full of Attitude. They can't be reasoned with, they do not listen to tips. All this means that I, healer, end up tanking most of the mobs on every pull.

What puzzles me most is the Attitude, though. I mean, if you're new, if you know you're new and you're aware that you don't know the tactics and workings of your class - why won't you listen to suggestions, tips and advice from more experienced players? What has happened that made listening to advice and learning so undesireable?

Sorry for all the cutting, just wanted to give a point of view from literally the opposite side. My vang tank

only lvl 34/36 in these stories (infact still 36 as I dont really like playing rep, everything just seems more dull, namely the attack animations).

I get a cadiemu pop first, simple enough as I have run it before as healer on my merc. However everyone pulls before me then answers with "you have taunts" and as soon as I point out my aoe taunt is on cd after the previous pull (they are chain pulling) I get kicked. End up getting cadiemu again with another group and goes smoothly, I hit lvl 35.

Taral V pops, with scoundrel healer and 2 dps guardians. I state I am new at which point 1 of the dps leaves a "I hate running with noobs" and exits area back to fleet, but doesnt quit group as he wants us to kick him so he doesnt get locked out. Get a sent replacement and go through the mission. At first boss I ask "any special mechanics?" (OFC I consider adds/aoe circles on floor/skills that should be interrupted as standard, but some bosses have more than that to them). I get no reply and the guardian pulls. I take aggro back with a harpoon, taunt the add then keep aggro throughout. Second boss I ask "anything special" I get told "nuke". So I charge into the boss and notice the blue canisters are all exploding with adds, I throw an aoe taunt, ex surge, move back and mortar... etc. final boss with turrets I ask "anything special" and am told to keep aggro of the champ but leave adds to dps. I notice when adds turn up 1 dps goes each side and takes 2 droids each, but for some reason the sent drops like a sack of spuds and is suddenly filling the chat with what a poor tank I am. Still we get it finished

I get a malestrom pop later on, again point out its my first time there, therefore at the start of each pull I throw a "anything special here." I never get any response, instead the sage healer pulls each time, stating after the fights that explaining it would take too long. Still I keep aggro throughout and learn the special tactics myself (avoid cyborg charged eye, approach sniper from behind cover, etc.) But it would have been nice to be given a chance to do things properly with 1 or 2 pointers before we start.

Had a few KDY graduates in a 16 man SnV pug this morning. Multiple people (marauders) pulling ahead of tanks on both trash and bosses. It was cool to watch them completely melt, but I'm sure the healers didn't feel the same way. Very tolerant group, they didn't kick a marauder who pulled multiple times, even when he needed on cunning gear and gave the excuse of "But I do need it, my companion has no gear"!

I state I am new at which point 1 of the dps leaves a "I hate running with noobs" and exits area back to fleet, but doesnt quit group as he wants us to kick him so he doesnt get locked out.

There's always a chance you'll get that kind of response when you say you're new. The good thing is those kinds of people represent a minority and most players are helpful and happy to share their knowledge and experience with newbies. All you have to do is filter out the bad people, do not let them thwart your efforts to learn and remember to listen to what helpful, experienced players are saying. :)

Had a few KDY graduates in a 16 man SnV pug this morning. Multiple people (marauders) pulling ahead of tanks on both trash and bosses. It was cool to watch them completely melt, but I'm sure the healers didn't feel the same way. Very tolerant group, they didn't kick a marauder who pulled multiple times, even when he needed on cunning gear and gave the excuse of "But I do need it, my companion has no gear"!

This seems to be a common thing, even at the end game. The best we as a community can do is explain the loot rules at the beginning of the raid, and if someone or multiple people ninja, then a master looter put on and manual need and greed rolls performed. Yes, I realize master loot can be abused, but ninja looting is unacceptable, especially in the endgame. When we were regularly doing 16 man raids with some pugs, (for some reason pugs think since the names of folks who need/greed go by so fast no one will notice maybe?) it got so bad, that a friend gear checked every member and watched every roll closely, and if he saw someone ninja loot he would need on top of them and if he (my friend) won he would give the gear to the person who needed it most. He never abused it and the raid leader knew, and we also blacklisted the ninja but it worked good for a while, especially on a UW chest and MH that some folks really needed and a few, yes more then a couple, tried to blatantly ninja. Anyway sorry for the wall, I have a short story similar to the one I quoted,

I was invited by a friend who needed a tank for 8 man dread palace, group finder premade run. He didn't say if GF had failed to give him a tank or not, but I am always happy to help on evenings my team isn't running. So, we gf in and most of us hop in voice comms to chat and mess around, but also I would be teaching a new tank the council fight. (I don't know about, but I like noobs in voip where we can teach better) Pretty much the whole raid was in there chatting during the raid. When we got to raptus, he dropped a underworld set piece, a head or maybe gloves I cannot recall. It was needed and won by a dps, who I had gear checked at the start of the raid and was in full 4 piece dread forged with df left side. Now, we had people in the raid with NO set bonus, and even a fresh dinged 55 with 23k hp and crap for gear, people that really needed the drops. When I confronted him in voice comms, this is what this veteran raider, with full DF said to us. "Duh I needed it, I have companions and alts don't I ? God!" I asked him to re-roll or be called out as a ninja, blacklisted by us and the raid leader would ask his GM to talk to him, he opted to alt-f4 and not come back on the rest of the night.

So it's not just kdy grads, its just window licker's in general, even ones who should know better but just don't care.

There's always a chance you'll get that kind of response when you say you're new. The good thing is those kinds of people represent a minority and most players are helpful and happy to share their knowledge and experience with newbies. All you have to do is filter out the bad people, do not let them thwart your efforts to learn and remember to listen to what helpful, experienced players are saying. :)

Well said.

Hooo boy.... where do I even begin with this one. This is gonna be a little TL;DR.

So I was talking to my bruh then got an FP pop, "Flashpoint in Progress" so okay, HM Czerka Labs. Zoned in as Scrapper Scoundrel and they were at the first Droid Boss fight. Dropped down and saw three people in the same guild. Guadian Tank and Scoundrel healer in pink/purple dye baby! So I thought, ah, former DPS must be DC'ed. Or kicked. I get "please get the adds" from the healer and it made me lean towards "kicked".

So we start the fight, water becomes electric, adds pop up, and I noticed I was tanking the boss. I agrodump'd, and before I even got to the last adds, I died. Because I was tanking both adds and boss. GEARED40kHP!Healer died shortly due to inability to outheal. We gave it another try, and I said "please don't let me tank" aka taunt the damn boss. Wiped again. Healer died first. Third try, I noticed that neither I or the other Sent DPS have Slow Release Medpacks on us, and heals are so very scarce. I think her rotation was SRMP > Diagnostic Scan > Upper Hand > Emergency Medpack > UW Medicine > Emergency Medpack. And guess what. The whole rotation is only for the tank. We only receive heals when she uses Kolto Cloud. This is very, very rich. I was screaming "HELPME!" to my bruh. So the former DPS ragequit.

I was typing on how to properly Scoundrel Heal, was quite the wall of text, but before I finished they pulled the trash mob set. Screw it then. Sent DPS accidentally pulled the other set of trash mobs and we barely go through due to the Sent DPS being half-decent in his job. The tank let the Healer facetank the mobs cause tunnel vision and regretfully the healer died. lol.

We get to Chief Zokar aka potential-one-shot-undergear-people-rocket-guy. So I thought to myself, this is gonna be EVEN richer. Surprisingly the fight went well with me tanking half the time ofc. Fortunately the only one targeted by the rocket is me so I saved the healer's rear cause I've gotten used to evading the red circle of doom. Boss went down quick. At this moment I just want to finish the FP quick and get outta there...

The last boss also went smoothly with me tanking half the time again. I think the tank is so used doing the SM version. I could safely nominate this as one of the epitome of "New Group Finder Changes Attracting Bads" list. I'm so tired of all the bads I have to carry in GF each time I PUG. I don't mind newbies, but bads are another story.

Edited by mustopak

When we got to raptus, he dropped a underworld set piece, a head or maybe gloves I cannot recall. It was needed and won by a dps, who I had gear checked at the start of the raid and was in full 4 piece dread forged with df left side. Now, we had people in the raid with NO set bonus, and even a fresh dinged 55 with 23k hp and crap for gear, people that really needed the drops. When I confronted him in voice comms, this is what this veteran raider, with full DF said to us. "Duh I needed it, I have companions and alts don't I ? God!"

I was in a TFB 16 man pug recently, the raid leader and his guild mates were in full Dread Forged with set bonus but there were a few new 55s in the group with terrible gear. The leader and his mates were needing on everything. They were running the show so it wasn't worth the bother of calling them out on it. But I just don't understand why they even would have wanted those drops - I'm in full Dread Forged with a few Dread Master pieces, and due to an abundance of comms, old gear and randomised drops from raids, my alts and companions definitely don't need 162 gear. And if I did need that stuff on an alt, I would pug with that alt instead of taking a toon that is already geared.

I saw someone with a 180 mainhand need on an Arkanian mainhand the other night. They were called out on it and said "Oh yes but I do need it, I'm modifying my light saber". Huh? That made so little sense that nothing further was said.

On the subject of ninja tanking.

My sorc just hit 55 and I am currently farming basics to gear up. Run of assault on tython I was grouped with sin 37k, mara 39.6k and pt 38k, with my sorc slightly higher than 21k. Willpower earpiece drops with alacrity and crit. All the group needs on it. I call them all out, but none of them answer. Next item drop is another earpiece with willpower and accuracy (useless for my healer sorc) but also alacrity, so I need again. Everyone else needs to, at which point I leave the group, whats the point doing a gearing run with 3 ninja's?

Im then flamed over my whisper by 2 of the 3 about how noob I am, leaving over a couple of 142 pieces. I point out that they were both better than what I had already and that no-one else had any use for them (I checked, the sin had 168 earpiece).

I was then told to l2p and get better gear. Now where am I meant to get basic/elite/ultimate comms without playing endgame content. I point this out to the mara, asking them what gear rating they were when they first reached 55. People always seem to assume that when someone hits 55 they suddenly get a stack of elite comms to spend, they seem to forget that everyone starts somewhere and stuff that "I needed because its worth 7k on gtn" may actually be useful to another player.

What I also dont get is when people tell me "well use your geared alt to collect stuff from 55 HM FP for your sorc" as if its normal to be a ninja looter on my sniper or jugg and when im asked I then reply with "its for an alt." It seems ninja looters see it as a perfectly acceptable way to gear up alts, thereby meaning there is no reason for taking stuff from tfp.

Edited by BobFredJohn

I am so one of those tanks that teaches via death. But I usually say something along the lines of the following first before;

First time warning; "Tank pulls the packs not a Dps please"

Second time warning; "I told you before the tank starts the fights, we are vastly less squishy"

Third warning; "Next time you pull, your tanking the pack I'll sit back here and watch".

By the third warning I have already whispered the healer and told them my intention, many of them get it. It's rude to pull ahead of the tank, and a tank is a lot easier to heal then a Dps. So they tend to go with it.

Back on the subject of the thread;

Been a while since I ran a GF FP, but I had a HM Cad pop on my Sin. Think the group was a Dps Sin, Dps Merc and healing Op (might have been a healing Sorc). So we go through, and I notice the Dark Charge on the Sin. I think nothing of it, as plenty of Sin's lately seem to lvl with Dark Charge for the damage reduction or even do dailies with it when they lack gear (which he did). So went on my merry way chain pulling all the live long day with the idle comment to the healer near the start "yell at me if I am going to quick". Before the first boss I notice something amusing, the Sin Dps has Dark Ward on. So I focus target him during the first boss for amusement sake, and he is a little of everything.

Like... Seriously. He used Death Field, had Dupicilty procs, and dark ward. Little from all the trees, I just shrugged it and moved on... He did not try to act as a tank, and was all around very silent needing only on willpower gear and mats. At the end I mentioned he might want to just pick one skill tree and stick to it, whether or no he ever will is beyond me.

Just managed to wipe in Czerka Core Meltdown SM.

FP started okay, 4 dds. My 36k Scoundrel, 39k Gunslinger, 28k Commando and 25k Gunslinger who told us right from the start that he's new here. 39k took the lead, we ran at a pace most knights/warriors couldn't even manage. Not much time to explain stuff for the new one, though it should be obvious what was going on.

Then we got to the desert boss.A short pause, and i was just about to explain the boss when 39k wrote: "let's just burn him down, no pulling." The 25k GS again wrote that he's here for the first time. I just managed to write "after a while there will be sandstorms" when the 39k started the fight.

Now... This tactic might work when you have an overgeared group, a healer, or someone bothers to use the healing-thingies. As it was, I ended up tanking quite fast, tried to reach at least the med station as well as active generators that were in range of the turret-dds. At some point I got stunned, didn't reach the med-station in time, and the commando died of sandstorm-damage, the slingers were still holding their ground, the 25k must have used a medkit at least. Instead of popping stealth or dodge I tried to reach the next med-station, the boss rampaged, and I died as well. The 39k slinger got his attention and fell next, followed by the 25k.

After the wipe I took the time to finish my sentence "to stop the dot damage pull the boss to the green glowing generator and let him destroy it, also use the med-stations." 39k meant "no, that eats up too much dps, let's burn him down" my response "dying eats up dps too" just got a response "newbs" and he opened the fight again. At least this time commando and the 25k positioned themselves next to med stations, and used them, so we managed it the second time.

The rest of the FP was uneventful, although 39k made a point of destroying the nodes without bothering about the security-adds or the placement of the blue circles below him, so we ended up fighting the vigilant with 4 adds in midst of a lightning field, we still managed it, not least because the 25k slinger became our healer and diligently used med-stations :)

3 things.

For the elite players out there who deign to run a flashpoint with newbs: facerolling a flashpoint works best when everyone is overgeared and knows what he does. When there is an undergeared player who says right from the start that he's new here, it's not a bad idea to go at a slower pace and take time to explain things.

For the turret-dds in general: Yes, moving is inconvenient and tiring, but when the one who keeps the boss away from you is not a tank but a squishy dd, and there is no healer there either, be a sport and used those conveniently placed healing stations or (gasp) sacrifice some dps to throw an off heal or three if your class allows you to do so. If you are on the brink of dying yourself, you should definitely consider getting up and finding a means to heal yourself.

And finally for the scoundrels: Be one. Don't die a hero in a vain effort to get everyone some healing, pop Disappearing Act, and let someone else face the bosses wrath. Heal to full, rez the fallen or at least save yourself some repair costs. :p

Edited by Mubrak

I am so one of those tanks that teaches via death. But I usually say something along the lines of the following first before;

Second time warning; "I told you before the tank starts the fights, we are vastly less squishy"

Third warning; "Next time you pull, your tanking the pack I'll sit back here and watch".

By the third warning I have already whispered the healer and told them my intention, many of them get it. It's rude to pull ahead of the tank, and a tank is a lot easier to heal then a Dps. So they tend to go with it..

I once saw a guild placard or maybe the name of a raid team that stated: you pull it you tank it. I thought it was quite appropriate. After a warning of course.

For the elite players out there who deign to run a flashpoint with newbs: facerolling a flashpoint works best when everyone is overgeared and knows what he does. When there is an undergeared player who says right from the start that he's new here, it's not a bad idea to go at a slower pace and take time to explain things.

For 'elite players' all those tactical FP's (or any FP's for that matter) are soloable, so if he couldn't pull it off with you guys helping him it means he just sucks and is a bad player. Don't try to paint him otherwise.

For 'elite players' all those tactical FP's (or any FP's for that matter) are soloable, so if he couldn't pull it off with you guys helping him it means he just sucks and is a bad player. Don't try to paint him otherwise.

He mentioned his 36k scoundrel and a 39k slinger. For some reason I think the slinger was actually geared worse than the poster :p

Besides, if scoundrel gets the chance it will out-dps a slinger. So it probably took a while for the slinger to catch up.

But yea... calling the slinger elite is probably overdoing it. Lets just call him confident :p

This is really a WZ thing, so idk if it fits here:

I went into lowbie (10-29) queue with my own group of three guildies (All snipers... We love snipers). As soon as we hit Civil War, we knew we were screwed. There were no less than four AC-less 'Sith Inquisitor' toons in our full ops group. Ofc, we sent messages to them to go get ACs before queuing again. They all left. So, fine. We had three Snipers and a couple above-average healers (A Sin and an Op), one of whom had just joined.

So, with slots still open in the group, we capped snow and mid. The Pub team got grass. It looked like we were gonna win, until mid just suddenly went red, and the chat box just gave the 'defeated' message for the two guys at mid. No inc calls, nothing. They weren't new PvPers, either. One had the 'Duelist' title on him at the time, and the other had had like 10 medals in the last WZ we'd both been in.

Now, I had given the obvious message to everybody about calling incs. What I HADN'T realized was that the enemy team was composed of 6 AC-less people, and a couple sages who were apparently unable to use anything other than telekinetic throw. So, my healers, apparently unable to do enough DPS to kill the two Sages lost mid, while the six AC-less people came and were murdered by my sniper team.

TL;DR: Pick a bloody AC before you queue. And call incs. Or I will find you. And b*tch smack you. :p

By the third warning I have already whispered the healer and told them my intention, many of them get it. It's rude to pull ahead of the tank, and a tank is a lot easier to heal then a Dps. So they tend to go with it.

Back on the subject of the thread;

Been a while since I ran a GF FP, but I had a HM Cad pop on my Sin. Think the group was a Dps Sin, Dps Merc and healing Op (might have been a healing Sorc). So we go through, and I notice the Dark Charge on the Sin. I think nothing of it, as plenty of Sin's lately seem to lvl with Dark Charge for the damage reduction or even do dailies with it when they lack gear (which he did). So went on my merry way chain pulling all the live long day with the idle comment to the healer near the start "yell at me if I am going to quick". Before the first boss I notice something amusing, the Sin Dps has Dark Ward on. So I focus target him during the first boss for amusement sake, and he is a little of everything.

Like... Seriously. He used Death Field, had Dupicilty procs, and dark ward. Little from all the trees, I just shrugged it and moved on... He did not try to act as a tank, and was all around very silent needing only on willpower gear and mats. At the end I mentioned he might want to just pick one skill tree and stick to it, whether or no he ever will is beyond me.

Way you described is in my opinion fine, if tank gives 2 warnings and DPS won't change their ways. In my case tank just abandoned us to die without warning, which is not that big deal on lowbies but on 55 those repair bills just make me sad. Also I had (for my understanding) been ok healer, joined battle only after tank did expect on this particular pull he didn't move at all, DPS health dropped fast so I stormed to save them, unfortunately too late :(

If tank wanted to punish DPS... Well but what did I do to deserve die? I called him to help us many times but when this guy moves to battle DPS are dead and I on 30% hp. I felt so down after that ... Because I remember what is it to be new :o technically I'm still new, I'm having some problems with my ops performance and good players saying bad about it feel sad. I do my 110% best every time :( so I really felt for DPS on this case

Edited by Adaliaya

Way you described is in my opinion fine, if tank gives 2 warnings and DPS won't change their ways. In my case tank just abandoned us to die without warning, which is not that big deal on lowbies but on 55 those repair bills just make me sad. Also I had (for my understanding) been ok healer, joined battle only after tank did expect on this particular pull he didn't move at all, DPS health dropped fast so I stormed to save them, unfortunately too late :(

If tank wanted to punish DPS... Well but what did I do to deserve die? I called him to help us many times but when this guy moves to battle DPS are dead and I on 30% hp. I felt so down after that ... Because I remember what is it to be new :o technically I'm still new, I'm having some problems with my ops performance and good players saying bad about it feel sad. I do my 110% best every time :( so I really felt for DPS on this case

Ah, see I never let a healer die in a FP if I can help it. I generally let the bad Dps die, then pop an AoE taunt and just let natural Sin-Tank aggro do its work. Generally then if they do not learn after 1 death, I move for a vote kick.

Earlier today responded at someone calling for a Kaon under siege SM achievement run. As someone who has ran this fp dozens and dozens and dozens of times before the achievement system got implemented I made it my mission to get them (i'm not an achievement hunter).

Anyways, on with the story:

Got 3 people in the group, last member was a lv50 shadowtank with 19k HP. 1st response from the groupleader:

"Oeh you look squishy and undergeared". Also he got advised to not try to tank. Mind you that I was on my overgeared sage healer Ishmaldo who respecced dps since a 38k HP scoundrel wanted to heal. I didn't checked his gear but 38k means in every case overgeared for KuS SM.

When I inspected the tank I saw he wore lv50 blues and greens. Not the best stuff around but ......... here is the kicker ........ Lv50 blues and greens were the intended gearlevel back when KuS was new. Once again the ghost of 'low gear = not enough gear' showed its ugly head :)