To many hackers !!!

Dbogable

On my server a couple of guilds have been known to use hacks and cheats, they have been reported numerous times, and they are still playing, in fact, when they are confronted about it, they brag how how they are still playing, and nothing can be done about it. Exept for people putting them on ignore, or better yet, cancel their subs due to bw's lack of oversight.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my server a couple of guilds have been known to use hacks and cheats, they have been reported numerous times, and they are still playing, in fact, when they are confronted about it, they brag how how they are still playing, and nothing can be done about it. Exept for people putting them on ignore, or better yet, cancel their subs due to bw's lack of oversight.

The last part of this is the best single thing I can think of anyone doing to solve this problem. Maybe if we get enough exit polls showing people leaving because of this they will actually wake up and pay attention. Not me of course. I still have fun playing the game since I know they are here and dont play their game. I play my own. Someone once called it hallowball, I call it Imprimisolo. Come take my node, please.

The lag issue though - whole nother topic. When the lag is directly centered around ONE player and when that one player dies, things return to normal, it's gotta be more than coincidence.

i get this quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's something suspicious or just a glitch in bioware's DoS Attack software

i get this quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's something suspicious or just a glitch in bioware's DoS Attack software

I see lag at very convient times, Capping, last ramp to score the ball, etc. Is it a lag switch or server issues? who knows, can Bioware even tell anymore? Since Friday I have been getting my first ever lag spikes, even in pve areas.

I know sorcs have a force run ability, but I swear I have seen a sorc move half across the area, whenever I start attacking him. More quicker then any other ability. More then likely this is a bug. Ive seen some strange things in the way of auto scores in huttball, and bombs being planted allot faster then they should be. I could be wrong on the last. Hacks and bugs, not easy to sort out while your trying to kill another player.

As a guardian tank i've completed my fair share of huttball in 3min, it all depend on your comp and how dumb is the other team.

1st goal : Out of the gate, sentinel run buff, shadow pick up the ball, sage set up for pull top mid, shadow force sprint to endzone, rougly 40sec in-game.

2nd goal : Leap mid unremitting up, awe, pick up the ball, walk to top mid, guardian leap, force push an ennemy endzone, switch with shadow for the pick up.

3rd to 6th goal is just a rince and repeat.

Most of the huttball hack are actually good players abusing dumb one.

Faster huttball i've ever done was 2:43sec, all legit plays vs dumb ppl.

i've seen glitching where someone appears as though they're flying around the board.. or warp from mid with the ball to the endzone where they're scoring in a second or less.. or where they're able to run 2 or 3 x's faster than everyone else the entire length of the board or the warzone rather than short buff-related sprints. there's also a way to glitch yourself into the wall where you can shoot as a sniper or ranged other players while youre untarget'able and can kill with impunity and no way for you to take any damage.

much of this is in huttball though as the NPC says cheating is encouraged so maybe they're just taking the hutts seriously lol. i have yet to see anyone kick the ball as they say "hutts dont have feet" :D

• 1 year later...

Can't say that I'm very surprised by seeing all these topics popping up, on my server i am seeing a lot more suspicious activity in the last couple months then i have been use to seeing. most of these are isolated incidents

and in most cases there is likely a group involved. just the other night i was in a voidstar match where my team managed to keep the enemy at the starting door for 5 mins, when we were on the attack we had blasted through the starter door in under 4 mins and got the bridges lowered moments later, we thought we had won. but somehow we lost!!! (Must have been a glich, I'm hoping) The best thing that anyone can do to prove that "Hackers" Are real or not is to record/screenshot a match

Can't help noticing more and more players using hacks in war-zones. I know it sounds like i'm a sore looser or a nub but i see this often in my own team. The best evidence of this is a famous 1 minute hut-ball teleport contest (5 goals in under 1 min) :confused: . Can't the support staff introduce a better anti-hack code ?

*Too

And I've never seen or even heard of this one until now:

However, I have seen a bug where someone would grab the ball, throw to a guy on the catwalk above and it would count as a goal. This is not a hack though.

Unfortunately, it's really easy to think what you're seeing is a hack, when the fact is that it's just a bug and Hero engine sucking.

I've seen the speed hack. Scoring 5 goals in 1 minute would require 2 speed hackers I think. Each waiting at the ball respawn while the other scores.

It's definetely something that exists, however, it isn't an epidemic on my server (Jung Ma), but i'd still like this to be dealt with.

Any player who sees something like this I urge you to report. I was once in a Huttball match and someone was clearly speed hacking (on our team) and I asked if anyone had Fraps or anything like to record their screen and enough people do have those kinda programs.

Firstly let me say there are hacks !

BUT everything you have described is NOT a hack, but different class abilities and teams working together

Learn the different class abilities, learn the tactics and learn what works in WZs

Crying "Hax" every 5 mins is why people tell you there are no hacks and reporting people who aren't hacking is why Bio does nothing to real hackers because they are overwhelmed with these false reports

There are hacks and they are more prevalent on certain servers... You may even see an influx now bad PVE conquest farmers hack so they think they are good pvpers... But don't cry hack all the time... Ask the pvpers if they have seen that and what it might be... There is usually an explanation

Here is a thread I have posted in, out laying the hacks that I know of and how they do it... Hopefully this will explain what a hack or exploit is and stop you from reporting everyone... Of course there are hack deniers in there too... There always will be

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=759851

Things I often see mistaken for hacks.

1. Voidstar. You have the same amount of doors down, yet the other team wins. People think someone "speedhacked" to the next door.

Answer? They opened the same amount of doors you did in less time. The game finishes there. No one hacked anything.

2. Speedhacking.

Answer? Marauder/sents carnage/combat specs (you will see the Ataru form on their character, it is yellowish/orange, as opposed to blue/red), can group sprint people at 80 percent speed. Add to that? Force sprint can be used in stealth by sins/shadows.

3. Immune to CC.

Answer. Everyone hit them with their cc at once. This is a no no. Add to that sins/shadow can go force immune/tech immune. I have this happen all the time on my shadow (too much CC on one target). I will vanish/stealth and stealth cc, to prevent a fresh spawn from hitting our capper. I sit there waiting for them to trinket so I can stun them. What does someone do? Runs up and hits/dots them, or worse stuns them. Now they trinket and are at full resolve (white bar on their char). They can't be CC'd.

Am I saying there are no exploits? No. There are exploits in every game. Do I see them less in this game then others? Definitely. GW2 is far worse and so is WoW.

This ^ is well explained... Please listen... Nice work :D

This is true... But are you sure about your guilds and is it the whole guild or just a few bad apples??

Also putting them on ignore won't stop you queuing with them... Only thing you can do is leave a match with hackers... Even if on your team... If all non hack people did this, then they would have no one to play against a except other hackers

1 Min is doable in Quesh Huttball. Scored 5 goals in 1 min in Quesh last night. Vengeance Jugg with unstoppable plus a pocket OP healer, just lept, had immunity, scored, slowed the idiots standing around, grabbed the ball, did it all again while the enemies tried to death match. I never see hackers, maybe it's my server, but we've had no issues at all on The Ebon Hawk.

Gingers is so old and irrelevant now I don't know why people still use him as an example... But yes they are funny too watch ;)

Gingers will always be relevant because he represents Biowares concern for PvP. Supposedly they noticed him "day 1"...yet they let him ruin PvP for 2+ months because...? It was funny to them? No reason ever given, just admission of knowing about it for over 2 months.

5 goals in 1 minute? I don't think so.

In Quesh Huttball? it's simple. Jugg carries, OP heals, Someone posts on the corner for intercede, leap to enemy platform, score, team mate gets the ball, passes back. Through positioning rotation it's doable. Only on Quesh though, The Pit would be pretty damn hard. It helps too if the enemy team is death matching at mid.

Even if you do as you say it takes longer than 60 seconds to score 5 goals.

On a different note.. just ran into a credit farming bot on Hoth bonus area / harbinger. Followed it about for a bit before frapsing then reported. Started pulling its mobs so it couldn't get any credits. Then decided to switch to pub side and heal the NPC's it was attacking. Pretty funny. Got it killed 3 or 4 times but it kept coming back.

Edited by JackNader

Well, to be fair, you cannot see the whole field from the bird's-eye view in the Hutball - you get a fractured view of the tiny bit right around you. A brilliant play that was described would feel like magic - or a hack. Once again, so amazing to see what people can come up with!

In Quesh Huttball? it's simple. Jugg carries, OP heals, Someone posts on the corner for intercede, leap to enemy platform, score, team mate gets the ball, passes back. Through positioning rotation it's doable. Only on Quesh though, The Pit would be pretty damn hard. It helps too if the enemy team is death matching at mid.

Can also do something similar with force pull... 4 Sorc/sage in the right spot can pull from the node - up the side - to the top - to the line...

Personally never seen a team coordinated enough to do this... It is possible... But if it was just them running each time I would doubt they could win that quickly

Also, you can actually score faster in the pit using the force pull tactic and I have used it to great effect

Well, to be fair, you cannot see the whole field from the bird's-eye view in the Hutball - you get a fractured view of the tiny bit right around you. A brilliant play that was described would feel like magic - or a hack. Once again, so amazing to see what people can come up with!

Love my 3 screens... Let's you see 75% of the field... It also helps if you have good situational awareness and aren't just trying to kill everything

Ive played in a team that's done a total of less than 200k total damage and won 6-0 very quickly

People just don't understand that Hutt Ball is a sport and not a death match...

Tactics are paramount