To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

TheGreatHambino

Keith, according to the recaps I've read you stated during the live stream that the daily area CXP will be dropped back to 75 per mission next week, and that you are discussing with the team how you can increase CXP for everything.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. Given the instance population in these areas, I'm quite certain I'm not the only one. Taking away a reason to play the game without adding a different incentive doesn't seem like a wise decision.

I agree.

Edited by Zylaro

They ARE increasing CXP across the board, by up to +75% CXP for sub 300's. They're also giving us another +100% CXP week along with it.

But of course some people just can't have enough and want to put in minimal effort for maximum reward.

You completely missed the point of the post. The "bug" has reinvigorated dead areas of the game, and led to some players re-subbing which is never a bad thing. While I certainly wouldn't mind if they never fixed the bug, all I'm asking is that they not take away a popular feature without having something to immediately replace it with.

Edited by TheGreatHambino

Keith, according to the recaps I've read you stated during the live stream that the daily area CXP will be dropped back to 75 per mission next week, and that you are discussing with the team how you can increase CXP for everything.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. Given the instance population in these areas, I'm quite certain I'm not the only one. Taking away a reason to play the game without adding a different incentive doesn't seem like a wise decision.

I completely agree.

This far into 5.x, those of us who've wanted to level to 300 on more than one character have done so even without this bug.

What it did for us was make a route that was still grindy, but took enough off of the grind to make it reasonable enough to do another character.

If dailies go back to what they used to be, we'll be left with the CXP sources that were initially used to get to 300, namely running the same FPs, Ops, or other areas of the game like PVP to supplement the process (GSF certainly doesn't pop on my server any longer like it did earlier in the year. That was a good source that is no longer available).

The result is a player that would otherwise end up leveling one or two more characters up like myself just simply won't instead, because I don't want to end up disliking running classic content (the best things in the game, in my opinion). If that happens, I'll end up not enjoying the game any longer.

So, in short, I agree with the OP, that there needs to be an equivalent CXP source as dailies for leveling characters up as we can currently, because we are working on at this point classes that weren't our priorities to gear up.

The legacy boost of 100% instead of 25% is welcome, but it still will only apply to good sources of CXP before the daily bug, i.e. the same things we've been running all year, not dailies. A 100% boost on 75 CXP instead of a 25% boost doesn't really make a difference. Dailies provided something different to do, largely that could be done on your own time as well as a bonus.

Please leave the daily option in place until there's something else we can run that's different from the past for CXP.

Edited by arunav

You completely missed the point of the post. The "bug" has reinvigorated dead areas of the game, and led to some players re-subbing which is never a bad thing. While I certainly wouldn't mind if they never fixed the bug, all I'm asking is that they not take away a popular feature without having something to immediately replace it with.

What made people resub was the fast and easy new way to gain CXP. The CXP buff replaces the "fast" and "easy" part since players could run GF flashpoints now for the same rates, and the "new" part is no longer in effect since the bug has been live for quite a while.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. .

They'll be giving us unassembled components for disintegrating gear from command crates, apparently. Which would be great, especially with refined isotope stabilizer scarcity making it harder to craft and wz farming taking too long to farm enough UC to upgrade gear.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9330079#edit9330079

It would harm me because I can't form groups while people grind dailies instead. It would harm the game as a whole since this is an MMORPG, not a solo farm adventure.

Wow. Of ALL the arguments in favour of the CXP grind in general and the reduction of the daily CXP payout in particular, this must be the most asinine. Well done.

I take it you are not in a guild, then, which wouldn't surprise me. If you can't get groups on one of the somewhat active servers, I'd start to wonder whether you feature on too many ignore lists, but eh, that's just me.

At least bump the CXP for the newer Iokath dailies, since I think it's fair to incentive the newer content over 5 year old dailies. At least that will somewhat offset the fact one has to pay credits and grind to even do half of them.

Wow. Of ALL the arguments in favour of the CXP grind in general and the reduction of the daily CXP payout in particular, this must be the most asinine. Well done.

I take it you are not in a guild, then, which wouldn't surprise me. If you can't get groups on one of the somewhat active servers, I'd start to wonder whether you feature on too many ignore lists, but eh, that's just me.

I lead teams for my guild (biggest repside guild), i have chars on both TRE and Prog. On BOTH servers, I have experienced significantly more trouble getting members for GF operations. Fleet has been much less active as a result of the daily bug.

I'm the one who's asinine? Give me a break.

I lead teams for my guild (biggest repside guild), i have chars on both TRE and Prog. On BOTH servers, I have experienced significantly more trouble getting members for GF operations. Fleet has been much less active as a result of the daily bug.

I'm the one who's asinine? Give me a break.

Actually, I called your argument asinine. But if the shoe fits...

If you are in oh so many guilds, group with them. What do you even need GF for, then? Anyway, your convenience is not reason enough to fix the CXP bug.

Totally agree.

The Daily Bug is not responsible for lower Fleet populations. Galactic Command is.

Galactic Command has killed this game's population to the point we are only going to have two American servers.

True.

Also lack of weekly passes for ops and wz's also reduced players playing ops/wz's.

So after prefered player comes to the end of the storyline, player just stops playing the game, as he/she can't do ops or more than 5 wz's.

True.

Also lack of weekly passes for ops and wz's also reduced players playing ops/wz's.

So after prefered player comes to the end of the storyline, player just stops playing the game, as he/she can't do ops or more than 5 wz's.

Yeah, why is it they removed those? Seems odd considering they can profit from it.

I resubbed because now you can make progress CXP at a decent level through these dailies. I was unsubbed for eight months because the grind was so unrewarding. I also do group content now that I hadn't done since Janurary.

Better rewarding dailies = more subs = more people playing all parts of the game = everyone wins.

I resubbed because now you can make progress CXP at a decent level through these dailies. I was unsubbed for eight months because the grind was so unrewarding. I also do group content now that I hadn't done since Janurary.

Better rewarding dailies = more subs = more people playing all parts of the game = everyone wins.

Guilty as charged. I usually sub when anticipating a double C/XP boost event.

Actually, I called your argument asinine. But if the shoe fits...

If you are in oh so many guilds, group with them. What do you even need GF for, then? Anyway, your convenience is not reason enough to fix the CXP bug.

Your insistence on turning this MMORPG into a solo grind fiesta is astonishing. It's not about "my convenience", it's about the health of the game.

At least bump the CXP for the newer Iokath dailies, since I think it's fair to incentive the newer content over 5 year old dailies. At least that will somewhat offset the fact one has to pay credits and grind to even do half of them.

Please NO. The Iokath dailies are th most mind numbing ever. No fun whatsoever.

I've enjoyed the extra CXP because I reall only play 1 day a week, with the occasional hour on another day, maybe. I've been subbed since RotHC and my main had only reached about 160 command rank. Now he's nearly 280. I'll admit I'm not the smartest player (totally forgot about those double CXP boosts you can buy until like 2 weeks ago),