End of Ranked Season 12

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

The article associated with the end of Season 12 is on the way, but we wanted to get this information out sooner. Season 12 of Ranked PvP is slated to end in June with Game Update 6.1.2. As this season wraps up, here's the ratings breakdown, including the win requirement to qualify for certain reward tiers.

Bronze Tier

Solo Requirements: 1225 - 1299 rating and 25 wins

Group Requirements: 1250 - 1399 rating and 25 wins

• Bronze Season 12 Flair
  • Bronze Season 12 Battle Flag
  • Bronze Season 12 Decoration
  • Bronze Season 12 Title – “(Playername) The Clever”
  • 7,500 Ranked Tokens

Silver Tier

Solo Requirements: 1300 - 1499 rating and 50 wins

Group Requirements: 1400 - 1599 rating and 50 wins

• Silver Season 12 Flair
  • Silver Season 12 Battle Flag
  • Silver Season 12 Decoration
  • Silver Season 12 Title – “(Playername) The Sly”
  • 15,000 Ranked Tokens

Gold Tier

Solo Requirements: 1500+ rating and 100 wins

Group Requirements: 1600+ rating and 100 wins

• Gold Season 12 Flair
  • Gold Season 12 Battle Flag
  • Gold Season 12 Frame Decoration
  • Gold Season 12 Title – “(Playername) The Slick”
  • Silver Season 12 Title – “(Playername) The Sly”
  • 30,000 Ranked Tokens

Platinum Tier - Top 96 (Top 3 of each Advanced Class on the leaderboard)

Solo Requirements: 200 wins

Group Requirements: 200 wins

• Platinum Season 12 Flair
  • Platinum Season 12 Title – “(Playername) The Cunning (Advanced Class)”
  • 45,000 Ranked Tokens
  • All previous tier rewards (not including token grants)

New Rewards

While competing throughout the Ranked Season, players earned tokens that can be traded in for rewards. Tokens are not season specific, so if there’s an expensive reward you really have your eye on, you can save up across multiple seasons. This season’s rewards fall into two categories: the new Rombuk Mount and Replica Season 4 items.

With the end of Season 12, we have another batch of replicas of previous Ranked Season rewards. These items look and function the same as the originals, but are branded “Replica” to maintain the prestige of the original Season rewards. This season we have another Replica set of items available for purchase: Replica Swashbuckler Weapon Set and Cutter Mount.

We understand there has been some confusion about replica rewards. To help address any confusion regarding seasonal rewards from this point forward, we will now start announcing the seasonal rewards at the start of each season.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We understand there has been some confusion about replica rewards. To help address any confusion regarding seasonal rewards from this point forward, we will now start announcing the seasonal rewards at the start of each season.

Really? "Confusion" is the PR line you're going with here? As if the burden falls on the playerbase? What an utterly shameful statement this is. I suggest you go back to the devs and implore them to include an actual explanation in the full "end of season" post.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Any day you want to address the elephant in the room? It isn't going away just because you try to label it as "confusion."

Why are you skipping Season 3 replica rewards?

Edited by septru

Any day you want to address the elephant in the room? It isn't going away just because you try to label it as "confusion."

Why are you skipping Season 3 replica rewards.

Not sure why you even ask when its obvious as to why its being skipped :D

Welp so glad i didnt put much effort in this season. Rewards are terrible and seriously skipping Furious set for swashbuckler? Do us a favor and drop Subscriptions all together because this game isnt worth paying for anymore.

Please, all this votekicking / throwing / wintrading deserves this kind of thing tbh.

New Rewards

While competing throughout the Ranked Season, players earned tokens that can be traded in for rewards. Tokens are not season specific, so if there’s an expensive reward you really have your eye on, you can save up across multiple seasons. This season’s rewards fall into two categories: the new Rombuk Mount and Replica Season 4 items.

With the end of Season 12, we have another batch of replicas of previous Ranked Season rewards. These items look and function the same as the originals, but are branded “Replica” to maintain the prestige of the original Season rewards. This season we have another Replica set of items available for purchase: Replica Swashbuckler Weapon Set and Cutter Mount.

Play over one year for Furious replicas and get trolled by bioware... nice joke...

So 0 top 3s for group ranked.

No season 3 reskins, straight to s4, which is where the reward design went downhill imo. The titles were getting better though, now they're back to the decline since "Hot."

Are we open to suggestions or improvements or are these final?

If they are labelled "Replica" so original's maintain their prestige what's the point of skipping season 3?? If you go this far to explain that original's maintain prestige there is literally no reason to not release it.

Not sure what the complaint about the replicas is, you wanted furious and you all certainly seem furious 🤣

I know you're joking and weren't singling me out in particular, but just to answer for myself: I seriously don't care much about the furious rewards. I didn't save up particularly to get them and I would have played the same amount of games regardless.

In this case, it's really the principle of the thing. Literally everyone playing ranked took it for granted that they would be doing replica season 3 rewards next. It was talked about in game and on these forums all the time. For Bioware to set that kind of firm expectation and then rip the rug out from under everyone is deplorable. Even though I wasn't very enthused over them myself, I feel really badly for people that played ranked solely for the purpose of getting furious rewards. Bioware really **** the bed on this one no matter how they try to spin it.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Platinum Tier - Top 96 (Top 3 of each Advanced Class on the leaderboard)

Solo Requirements: 200 wins

Group Requirements: 200 wins

[*]Platinum Season 12 Flair

[*]Platinum Season 12 Title – “(Playername) The Cunning (Advanced Class)”

[*]45,000 Ranked Tokens

[*]All previous tier rewards (not including token grants)

So for top 3 do you need to be in a top 3 spot with 200 wins or is it given to the top 3 players with 200 wins. Because if it's not given to top 3 with 200 wins that basically just defeats the whole purpose of a win requirement as people can hold top 3 spots with around 30 wins and take it away from people who grinded 200+ wins. Most of the community seemed under the impression that it was given to the top 3 players with 200 wins and this post is a little unclear so please clarify.

I know a lot of people have only kept grinding ranked solely for the replica season 3. The original reason people were asking for the old rewards back in the first place was specifically for the season 3 rewards. I don't understand why you're skipping to season 4. There are only a handful of people left who got the season 3 rewards that still play this game regularly, why are you holding it back from people who didn't play at that time. This is not omega

Not sure what the complaint about the replicas is, you wanted furious and you all certainly seem furious 🤣

So when are we supposed to demonstrate our frustration? In one year when Bioware introduces their new exclusive cartel market weapons that look surprisingly like the intended season 12 furious weapons?

Because that is exactly what Bioware is doing. They did the math. They tabulated the margins. They squeezed each penny out of their subscribers and they learned that they can earn more money if they give furious knock-offs on the CM rather than as their promised ranked rewards.

This is the epitome of consumer greed and it is *********** disgraceful.

Edited by septru

Hello everyone!

I think this will go a long way to set expectations up front. Personally I'm glad Furious gear will remain exclusive to veteran ranked players (although you can buy reskins on the cartel market), but players expected them this season. Announcing ahead of time will make sure everyone is on the same page.

This season’s rewards fall into two categories: the new Rombuk Mount and Replica Season 4 items.

Hey Daniel,

As others have mentioned; is there a reason why replicas of the Season 3/furious rewards are being skipped and we are going straight to Season 4 reskinned rewards for the end of Season 12?

Like many others I was assuming we'd be having reskinned Season 3 replica rewards this season and had been saving my tokens for them over the last couple seasons as I wasn't involved in ranked back when Season 3 was originally going.

I agree that it will be a great move to share the rewards at the start of the ranked seasons so players know what they are working towards if they after some of the rewards.

However can we get an answer to the question around why Season 3 replicas are being skipped? :)

The whole idea of adding in this system of re-releasing old rewards and barely giving us anything real for PvP rewards you'd stick to it. It kind of defeats the purpose to add in replicas of the other gear if you're not gonna add these, I have 4 sets of the weapons and I couldn't care less if someone has a "Replica" version of it. You're taking a great idea and half assing it by only making replicas for things that are "okay" to be replica because some of the community was against it. If you were re-releasing titles like dread, apex, eternal or something I could understand the people against it but at the same time, a lot of people wintraded in previous seasons and nearly every top 3 is not an indicator of someones skill.

Along with that people have wintraded for gold.. for multiple seasons on end, gold has meant nearly nothing for a long time. If we're gonna have a win requirement I think it honestly should be only for gold+ if even one for gold.

We understand there has been some confusion about replica rewards.

The only confusion here is internal to bioware, where some developer mistakenly thought it was time for Season 4 replica rewards instead of Season 3, and went through the process of copying and renaming them. Now you don't want to do the work over again.

But sure, let's label it as confusion on the players' part. How insulting.