question bout crafting level and schematic learning probability

wargonglok

No facts, but my observersations are that the skill level differential does impact the likelihood of gaining the new schematic. I've gone back to lower level items and quickly learned new schematics, while same-level schematics take considerable luck to gain.

Yeah, but I still learn blues sometimes in one-shot from greens whose recipe is still orange to me. It is impossible to tell without much more data if its just random, or level does in fact affect it.

Agree, no facts to support my supposition, just observations of experience. I've gotten lucky getting advanced schematics on the first try from a same-level item, while other times I've still not learned a prototype with numerous tries. However, I seem to learn lower level prototype schematics more reliably. But that could just be random luck.

Yes, it could be that the higher lvl the recipe, the lower the chance to learn better recipes from them. I remember when trying to learn a particular lvl 29 recipe, i had to make 15 greens before I finally learned it. lvl 15-25 seems to take 4-8.